PvP Who else loves annoying gankers and denying them their prey?

Best way to avoid gankers is boost away in a straight line, and roll. Just before you die always remember to bring up the task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and kill the elitedangerous64.exe task.

The gankers will never get you then.

That’s just wrong and an EULA violation as much as sticking a beluga in the mail slot with invulnerability hacks.
Best thing to do against gankers is just never, never return salt.
If I explode, then I explode, but I will never return them anything salty, because that’s what they’re after.
If you really are into it you can simply block him in your options.

End of ganker.

get a t-6, go to shinrarta in open, and let all those gankers charge at you (52.000 insurance each death). Block their id each time.
Eventually, you'll find yourself in open without any gankers, because you just created a black list with them all. Do this from time to time, and you will erase the nasties from your game.
Next, you can post the list of gankers in the forum for everyone else to update theirs.

That’s just wrong and an EULA violation as much as sticking a beluga in the mail slot with invulnerability hacks.
If I explode, then I explode, but I will never return them anything salty, because that’s what they’re after.

End of ganker.

You missed the sarcasm... ;)

The Replicated Man

T

End of ganker.
get a t-6, go to shinrarta in open, and let all those gankers charge at you (52.000 insurance each death). Block their id each time.
Eventually, you'll find yourself in open without any gankers, because you just created a black list with them all. Do this from time to time, and you will erase the nasties from your game.
Next, you can post the list of gankers in the forum for everyone else to update theirs.
You wouldn't dare.

Deleted member 182079

D
Made some smaller deliveries out of Jameson's in my T6 the other day.

For the return trip, I ensured to carry 80t of biowaste which I wanted to dump on anyone who would ultimately destroy my ship.

Nobody interdicted me, they must've smelled the bait, literally.

Ended up selling my cargo at a loss each time to add insult to injury:(

Leave it to a Commander to make dealing with gankers a grind. I have an easier solution.

Don't go to Shinrarta.

As winning as an idea as I find this to be I'm left with only one question: Why go to open in the first place?
It seems playing in a large PVE group would get someone the benefits of your proposed solution without the rebuys and time investment.

As winning as an idea as I find this to be I'm left with only one question: Why go to open in the first place?
It seems playing in a large PVE group would get someone the benefits of your proposed solution without the rebuys and time investment.

His idea is an enormous waste of time. You wouldn't even need to find a large PvE group. Get out there on the forums and Discords and look for a group doing what you like. I can think of dozens all over the Bubble that go nowhere near Shinrarta.

Frankly, I think this community's fixation on Shinrarta is stupid and unimaginative.

His idea is an enormous waste of time. You wouldn't even need to find a large PvE group. Get out there on the forums and Discords and look for a group doing what you like. I can think of dozens all over the Bubble that go nowhere near Shinrarta.

Frankly, I think this community's fixation on Shinrarta is stupid and unimaginative.
Used ship sales have been a bit bleak out in Colonia, eh?

I know nothing about Shinrata so if you want to pass me a clue as to what this is all about I'd be eternally grateful. (1)
Is there a reason as to why people flock to that location? Why do you think it is stupid and unimaginative?
Serious questions.

NOTES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: When BigMaec and I murder you I'll make sure that he makes it quick.

Did someone say T6

Trips to Shinrarta in my T6 bubble taxi usually work out in my favor lmao.
That's propably the first build I've seen here fitting a 3D shield generator that is actually survivable.
Well played :D

edit: warg what the hell is it with your fixation on murdering anyone or getting murdered yourself? :LOL:

Used ship sales have been a bit bleak out in Colonia, eh?

I know nothing about Shinrata so if you want to pass me a clue as to what this is all about I'd be eternally grateful. (1)
Is there a reason as to why people flock to that location? Why do you think it is stupid and unimaginative?
Serious questions.

NOTES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: When BigMaec and I murder you I'll make sure that he makes it quick.

Lore wise it's a location of extreme prestige. Basically a retirement home for the elite of the Elite. Plus there are beacons there that suggest how shady the Pilots Federation may actually be. Secret knowledge Illuminati confirmed type stuff. I suspect when getting Elite rank was very difficult and few Commanders had done so it was a big deal to get there.

But these days? Whatever. Elite is easy to get. Head on to Shinrarta and enjoy access to all ships and modules and your sweet 15% discount. Central location too. Enjoy the easy life.

You can see this is what people want based on how much they complain about gankers there. Real "Kids these days!" kind of attitudes.

I guess what bothers me is with so much of the game world available folks prefer convenience and ego stroking over adventure and creativity.

edit: warg what the hell is it with your fixation on murdering anyone or getting murdered yourself? :LOL:
I remember the first time I loaded up Unreal Tournament with my friends.
I would use the rocket launcher, load up on rockets, peek around the corner and send the rockets bouncing down the hall towards my buddy.

BOOM

I nearly wet my pants at laughing so hard - it was all so silly and over the top.
Like I'd ever send rockets down a hallway at a dear friend of mine.

The dark humor in murdering one's friends in a video game isn't lost on me.
Murdering people you don't know is boooooorrrrrring - and murdering friends for the flimsiest of reasons (or outright lies) is the icing on the cake.

The more over the top, nail-biting, ridiculous and violent it is the funnier it is to me.
So for Phisto, the story would be something along the lines of:

Wargfoot: "So I bought a ship from this Sobanii fellow and I paid for the rust protection package but he didn't put it on the ship."
PT: "I'll assemble a team. Everyone in Carcosa must die."

The whole thing with Krash where she set me up to be murdered is an outright fabrication.
The fact that it is so far outside of the way Krash plays (I think) is what makes the accusation funny.
I need to assemble a team of 30 people to murder Krash.

Gritting your teeth, flying through the stars in engineered murder boat, fighting hopeless battles, dying for a lie instead of honor.

Funny stuff, that.

I remember the first time I loaded up Unreal Tournament with my friends.
I would use the rocket launcher, load up on rockets, peek around the corner and send the rockets bouncing down the hall towards my buddy.

BOOM

I nearly wet my pants at laughing so hard - it was all so silly and over the top.
Like I'd ever send rockets down a hallway at a dear friend of mine.

The dark humor in murdering one's friends in a video game isn't lost on me.
Murdering people you don't know is boooooorrrrrring - and murdering friends for the flimsiest of reasons (or outright lies) is the icing on the cake.

The more over the top, nail-biting, ridiculous and violent it is the funnier it is to me.
So for Phisto, the story would be something along the lines of:

Wargfoot: "So I bought a ship from this Sobanii fellow and I paid for the rust protection package but he didn't put it on the ship."
PT: "I'll assemble a team. Everyone in Carcosa must die."

The whole thing with Krash where she set me up to be murdered is an outright fabrication.
The fact that it is so far outside of the way Krash plays (I think) is what makes the accusation funny.
I need to assemble a team of 30 people to murder Krash.

Gritting your teeth, flying through the stars in engineered murder boat, fighting hopeless battles, dying for a lie instead of honor.

Funny stuff, that.
Wait. Unreal Tournament? Like the first one? Nice. I was in an UT clan for some time. Hilarious game, good times (y)

Wait. Unreal Tournament? Like the first one? Nice. I was in an UT clan for some time. Hilarious game, good times (y)
I was in a clan (Crackaz) for a little bit.
I loved Capture the Flag in low gravity.

If you want to get banned from servers try running around with the hammer active.
People hated that.

I was in a clan (Crackaz) for a little bit.
I loved Capture the Flag in low gravity.

If you want to get banned from servers try running around with the hammer active.
People hated that.
I just started reading some threads on my old clan forum. 2001-2002. Hilarious 😅

Last edited:
Top Bottom