PvP Who else loves annoying gankers and denying them their prey?

Stop talking about UT - makes me so damn nostalgic...
Making someone curse you and leave the map after a well placed string of Shock Rifle Combos... what a game...
and now people complain about combat logging...
One of my favorite weapons was the Ripper.
You could stand around the corner outside of a room, put it at neck level, bounce a couple of dozen flying razor blades off the walls, and decapitate everyone in the room. :D

Me taking no damage while killing a room full of people is what I call: Winning.

I remember the first time I loaded up Unreal Tournament with my friends.
I would use the rocket launcher, load up on rockets, peek around the corner and send the rockets bouncing down the hall towards my buddy.

BOOM

I nearly wet my pants at laughing so hard - it was all so silly and over the top.
Like I'd ever send rockets down a hallway at a dear friend of mine.

The dark humor in murdering one's friends in a video game isn't lost on me.
Murdering people you don't know is boooooorrrrrring - and murdering friends for the flimsiest of reasons (or outright lies) is the icing on the cake.

The more over the top, nail-biting, ridiculous and violent it is the funnier it is to me.
So for Phisto, the story would be something along the lines of:

Wargfoot: "So I bought a ship from this Sobanii fellow and I paid for the rust protection package but he didn't put it on the ship."
PT: "I'll assemble a team. Everyone in Carcosa must die."

The whole thing with Krash where she set me up to be murdered is an outright fabrication.
The fact that it is so far outside of the way Krash plays (I think) is what makes the accusation funny.
I need to assemble a team of 30 people to murder Krash.

Gritting your teeth, flying through the stars in engineered murder boat, fighting hopeless battles, dying for a lie instead of honor.

Funny stuff, that.

Wait, so I'm William H. Macy's character from Fargo?

Awesome!

Wait, so I'm William H. Macy's character from Fargo?

Awesome!
Is that the guy that ends up in the wood chipper?
Because that is where you and all of your rat friends are going. (1)

NOTES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: After I get done with another 8 months of grinding, another 2 weeks to get out to Colonia, in the off chance you've not quit the game by then, and in the even more unlikely event I git gud, and provided I can find you, and that you've not placed me on your ignore list, and I murder Krash (#1 on the list), and I can get BigMaec to help, and I don't get banned for off topic posts, and so forth.

Is that the guy that ends up in the wood chipper?
Because that is where you and all of your rat friends are going. (1)

NOTES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: After I get done with another 8 months of grinding, another 2 weeks to get out to Colonia, in the off chance you've not quit the game by then, and in the even more unlikely event I git gud, and provided I can find you, and that you've not placed me on your ignore list, and I murder Krash (#1 on the list), and I can get BigMaec to help, and I don't get banned for off topic posts, and so forth.

No, I end up arrested in a hotel room. No wood chipper for me!

(Shh, I think BigMaec gets the chipper. Don't tell him. It may upset him.)

So...eh...there are other parts of the forums more suited for your current conversation. Off Topic Discussion and General Gaming Discussion both seem more appropriate at the moment.
Let's keep this part of the forums about Elite Dangerous and atleast something resembling what the OP is talking about. Pretty please?

Thanks

I know, right?

Get that UT nonsense outta here!

Let's talk about gearing a T6 with no shields and almost zero integrity, then naming it "Baby Seal." Fly around Shinrarta with that and make sure you get in front of the ganker and wag your tail.

I wonder how long it would take to get them bored of clubbing?

Maybe it's just a cathartic release they need? They're probably all backed up... with emotions.

I know, right?

Get that UT nonsense outta here!

Let's talk about gearing a T6 with no shields and almost zero integrity, then naming it "Baby Seal." Fly around Shinrarta with that and make sure you get in front of the ganker and wag your tail.

I wonder how long it would take to get them bored of clubbing?

Maybe it's just a cathartic release they need? They're probably all backed up... with emotions.

At least being off topic wasn't total drivel.

Honest question time though: what do you hope to accomplish with these antics?

So...eh...there are other parts of the forums more suited for your current conversation. Off Topic Discussion and General Gaming Discussion both seem more appropriate at the moment.
Let's keep this part of the forums about Elite Dangerous and atleast something resembling what the OP is talking about. Pretty please?

Thanks
Okay, try to stay with me on this one...

takes deep breath

The thread is about denying gankers their fun and that could additionally mean denying them their fun on the forums. (1)
Part of denying a ganker fun on the forums would be to totally derail a post in which gankers are participating. (2)
So if the ganker is being denied fun in this thread because of the Unreal Tournament posts then that would be on topic.

This is next level stuff, right here.

:D

If you could hold off on the new batch of moderation points until after my other ones expire that would be great...

NOTES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: The OP didn't explicitly state that was the intent but I think we all agree it is rather obvious.
2: Phisto, and of course, me one day.

Drops a 5 spot on the 'Never' column.

I'm not sure thats actually true.

I came across a point where killing people who can't fight back effectively just became kinda vapid. By logical application a few others probably have.

Though ship and loadout choice comes into it rather. Small ships for instance widen the avalibility of targets quite substantially. Mediums a little less however.

takes deep breath

The thread is about denying gankers their fun and that could additionally mean denying them their fun on the forums. (1)
Part of denying a ganker fun on the forums would be to totally derail a post in which gankers are participating. (2)
So if the ganker is being denied fun in this thread because of the Unreal Tournament posts then that would be on topic.

If you could hold off on the new batch of moderation points until after my other ones expire that would be great...

NOTES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: The OP didn't explicitly state that was the intent but I think we all agree it is rather obvious.

But the only one that can ruin my fun is me. :unsure:

recalls he is now a used ship salesperson in the middle of nowhere

Ah, there it is.

I'm not sure thats actually true.

I came across a point where killing people who can't fight back effectively just became kinda vapid. By logical application a few others probably have.

Though ship and loadout choice comes into it rather. Small ships for instance widen the avalibility of targets quite substantially. Mediums a little less however.

Seconded here. Eventually it gets boring, especially after you get a taste for fighting for purpose greater than explosions for explosions sake. And hey, not knocking anyone that finds fun in that because it is fun, just ain't my thing no more.

Not precisely the same sort of thing, but I figure it's close enough...

Here I am, having my CMDR mind his own business as he coldly murders scores of traders for that sweet +++++ INF reward (the 30 million CR and assloads of configurable components from all those T-9s helped too), when some presumably self-righteous defender of the weak (or maybe he just saw that 1.6 million cr bounty on my CMDR's ship) unceremoniously yanks him out of supercruise, with only a single kill left in his mission!

So, here my CMDR stands, nearly out of ammo after dozens of NPC kills (I got side treked trying and failing to help pirates at some megaship), facing down an NPC anaconda, and an opportunistic CMDR anaconda:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46rjR81lf5Y

Anyway, props to my opponent for not cheating or logging off during the protracted destruction of his gimbaled phaser boat (really not the ship you want to fight even an exhausted Black Betty's Revenge with).

Goose4291

Banned

takes deep breath

NOTES

mzOe5Cn.gif

Deleted member 115407

D
Video of me avoiding a ganker attack and some general rules of thumb.

You can see in this video some of the common ways of avoiding a ganking without having to go into solo or private group.

Always have shields. Let me repeat that. ALWAYS HAVE SHIELDS! Do you hear me?!

If you jump into a high gank area keep 4 pips to shields and two pips to engines.

Once you jump into a high gank system keep an eye out for typical ganking ships. These include FDL (popular), Mambas (becoming popular), Kraits (it's just great). Also, watch out for ships in wings. It's a high possibility they're in a ganking group.

Try to scan suspected ships while in supercruise. If they have a high bounty, and sometimes just a 200cr bounty, they're probably a ganker.
Note: If they don't have a bounty at all they can still be a ganker.

If they have an interdictor there's a high chance they're a ganker.

If you say "O7" to them or general chat and they don't respond, they're either a ganker, in VR, or couldn't be bothered to respond. Assume they're a ganker. lol

If they're doing maneuvers instead of heading straight for Jameson Memorial, they're absolutely a ganker, a ganker in training, or someone who should not be in that system. Very few of these are ganker hunters. It is safe to follow a rule of thumb that if you see a ship doing maneuvers they're a ganker.

If a ship tries to maneuver behind you there's a high chance they're a ganker. The exception is you, of course. Once you jump into a system try to scan all hollow triangles. You'll probably do this once.

If a ship is a hollow triangle. Assume they're a ganker.

And finally, if you see any other hollow ships other than yourself, assume they're a ganker.

The above, is by no means, a complete list of ganker traits, but they're a good start in identifying gankers.

Congrats Amadeus - you just described to the majority population the importance of situational awareness and risk mitigation.

I'm sure one or two people will take the advice.

P.S. You should actually practice this stuff in real life, too, people. If you did there would be a lot less IRL victims in the world.

Top Bottom