Who is the "League of Reparation"?

It is the second time now, that the so far unknown "League of Reparation" is mentioned in the Galnet News (yesterday): "A member of the Council of Admirals, which commands the Alliance Defence Force, has been murdered. The League of Reparation has claimed responsibility."

When they did their first assassination, they left a note "For Jameson". Cmdr Jameson was the first "Elite Cmdr" within the secretive Pilots Federation. There must be a link of the "League of Reparation" to the "Elite Federation of Pilots" or even to the revived "Dark Wheel" - or they are even the same with a new name - and it deserves further investigation and monitoring. I believe that a new (old) BGS is coming about and maybe loose ends will become connected.

The Pilots Federation is the most powerful organisation in the Galaxy and - according to wiki - has "high representatives within the superpowers, the galaxy and beyond...". Maybe we are seeing the beginning of a crusade.

It is the second time now, that the so far unknown "League of Reparation" is mentioned in the Galnet News (yesterday):…

I'm think they might be a distraction set up by the Club.

Killing people who's ancestors had a connection to INRA doesn't make that much sense to me. They could be indeed some fanatics, but I think that it makes more sense if they are used by some organization to achieve something. Problem is, I have no clue what that something might be.

Actually, I think it's more likely to be kind of a 'false flag' operation. Possibly, an inside job. Whoever may be behind it, I think even in 3304 it's not that easy to successfully assault high-ranked politicians or military staff. The 'For Jameson' note very much looks like a red herring to me.

O7,
[noob]

Last edited:
Could be the Club trying to rally the public in thinking "Inra did it for the greater good, no need to seek revenge though murder and violence"... to be able then to redirect Aegis towards a more aggressive mindset ?

Killing people who's ancestors had a connection to INRA doesn't make that much sense to me. They could be indeed some fanatics, but I think that it makes more sense if they are used by some organization to achieve something. Problem is, I have no clue what that something might be.

I agree and am currently in the middle of a massive dig into all the possible factions going through their goals, allies & enemies to work out who the LoR really are. Their first target's only other link was to imperial members critical of Aegis. That would suggest that it's a cover to support Aegis' war effort, but the evidence is shaky at best.

It's very hard to work out what the Club's goals are. They originally wanted to force humanity into an arms race so that we would be better prepared to face the Thargoids. Given how effective the shutdown fields have been, that goal has to have failed. I can think of three potential angles for them.
  1. To discourage us from fighting this first wave of "passive" Thargoids as they pass through our territory. (Unlikely IMHO)
  2. To encourage and enhance the development of anti-Thargoid tech, presumably through aegis. The developer of the remote release flack cannon, Elvira Martuk has worked directly with the Club in the past. It is worth noting however that the lead critic of Aegis, Aisling Duval also has had links to the Club in the past.
  3. To force humanity into fleeing into one of their pre-prepared areas, in which they would hold much more power & influence. (IMHO also unlikely)

So the obvious explanation is the the LoR are to suppress criticism of Aegis and give them more time & power to develop. Using distraction tactics to suppress panic is very much in the Club's MO.

However there is something else to consider. Ram Tah's original base was sabotaged, and I see an implicit criticism of Aegis in his statement "The knowledge contained in the ruins does not belong to one individual or organisation – it belongs to everyone." If Aegis are trying to get a monopoly on anti-Thargoid tech, then surely this would run counter to the Clubs aims of defending humanity.

Another possibility is the presence of 5th columnists. A seperate faction working on undermining our response to the Thargoid threat. Perhaps some of the powers behind Colonia who think that an exodus to there would grant them extra power? They could have directed the Thargoids towards Aegis bases and sabotaged Ram Tah. The LoR could be their own assassination wing looking to remove people who might have knowledge of anti Thargoid techniques.

Another thing to note is that I've seen a lot of Federal transports with thargoid sensors coming under attack in Dalfur this past week. I think they might be planning something.

It's too early to say any of this for certain, and there are holes in my arguments, but personally I do think that someone wants the Thargoids to do well, and I don't think it's the Club.

I think they could be anyone really. Me, you, The Pilots Federation, Will, those weird people living in Crab Nebula. It's a bit scary when you think about it.

I think they could be anyone really. Me, you, The Pilots Federation, Will, those weird people living in Crab Nebula. It's a bit scary when you think about it.

Definitely not "anyone". Like Cmdr Conte_Vincero I have started to look for hints and evidence who LoR might be and it becomes more and more interesting. I am in Shinrarta Dezhra right now...;)

This is certainly a new plot arc, reminiscent of the Emperor's Dawn in some ways, but I do wonder what in-game effects it might have. When the first assassination occurred, I went to Achenar to see if there was anything related to the mystery but there was nothing on the local Galnet and no persistent space POIs related to it. I tried adding Niamh Seutonia to my friends list on the off-chance that she was an 'Advanced NPC' whom we might be able to meet in game (just like Salomé and her associates) but again drew a blank. I wonder where this is heading and what the consequences might be.
It is certainly odd, not to mention unreasonable, to suddenly have a terrorist movement attacking high-ranking officials descended from INRA. The 'For Jameson' notes feels like a smokescreen. Consider the assassinations without the notes and what you see are a series of murders in the heart of each superpower. Achenar first: a senator; Lave second (well, 'on his way to Lave Station, so not certain it was in the system): an Alliance Admiral; Sol next? This seems more like a strike against the superpower command structure.
Unless there is something in-game we can interact with, then it's just another background story. I learned from the Formidine Rift mystery that you have to be pro-active to interact with the storyline, or to have a chance of interaction, but it was a frustrating experience, never knowing if you were looking for the right thing in the right place. The only thing I think I might try here is going bounty hunting in Sol and role-playing that I'm after a League of Reparation assassin about to strike at the Federation.

Or maybe they are the members of the Club, Reparations sounds like a good name for a Drew book

If it’s not a false flag, I would guess that Meridith Argent could be behind it.

She lost her life partner Mic Turner and her biggest asset the AAAI ship yard, in INRA attacks.

She also hes the money and the contacts, to get things done.

Last edited:
To me there's absolutely no sense in murdering a person because his ancestors had a certain opinion, 200 years ago. To put it in perspective, have you ever heard of someone being killed because his ancestor faught in the wrong side during the battle of Waterloo? Also, remembering soldiers that died centuries ago? It certainly would take the police ages to conclude who was meant by 'Wellington'... "For Wellington - who's this Wellington? He certainly doesn't mean 19th century General?"

One plausible explanation: INRA still exists - does anyone believe it really got shut down? - and those assassinated were some of its current members. The family connection explains their membership and also gives a plausible cover story for the authorities to avoid admitting INRA still exists.

1. To force humanity into fleeing into one of their pre-prepared areas, in which they would hold much more power & influence. (IMHO also unlikely)
Also impractical - their "pre-prepared" areas are a bunch of part-finished terraforming projects. It was probably a decent idea for their predecessors given the technology and information available at the time, but with hindsight in the FSD era just looks to have been an enormous waste of time.

Perhaps some of the powers behind Colonia who think that an exodus to there would grant them extra power?
The Council's last public statements on the matter were attempts to - softly - discourage migration to Colonia as a response to the Thargoid threat, on the not unreasonable grounds that any significant migration from a bubble of 6 trillion people would overwhelm one of 8 million. Preparations are being made to respond to it happening anyway, of course.

They also constructed a security installation "in response to the Thargoid threat". Which has worked at face value - there haven't been any Thargoids seen near Colonia since it was built! - but I presume reading between the lines is intended to deter a potential desperate Sol group from attempting a military coup. (With half a tonne of military supplies per citizen generously provided by partners in the Sol bubble, I think it can safely be concluded that anyone with the budget to invade anyway could just settle anywhere else in the galaxy instead)

If it’s not a false flag, I would guess that Meridith Argent could be behind it.

She lost her life partner Mic Turner and her biggest asset the AAAI ship yard, in INRA attacks.

Han_Zen, I was querying a database about her, but I noticed you made a typo. It's Meredith Argent
Makes life allot easier :)

I've always believed the Club was INRA's legacy being continued in the same way. Tactics obviously suggest similar styles. And if undercover as a secret organisation for hundreds of years pulling the strings behind the scenes, it's not unusual for leadership to be a dynasty of family members, so more inclined to think that not only were their ancestors INRA, but they are now members of the club and inherited their part in the club.

If that was true, this is them being cleaned out by Salome's friends and legacy.

I'm not sure I buy either Ms. Argent or Salome's friend's as likely suspects; they might have a beef with "The Club", but to want to exact revenge for Jameson? Were either of them even alive in Jameson's time?

That said, life extension is a thing in Elite, so I wonder about this scenario:

Suppose there was someone who was Jameson's contemporary - another pilot, an INRA employee, or someone - who admired Jameson, respected him, and believed he died a hero. But then INRA's genocide attempt was exposed, and Jameson's recordings were discovered. Our contemporary - let's call them "Suspect X" - is shattered; learning Jameson's unwitting role in the genocide and his subsequent murder, at the same time as the rest of the galaxy. But while for us it's a note of rewriting our history books, for Suspect X, it's personal. Suspect X can't get over his friend or mentor being killed like that, and decides Someone Has To Pay.

150 years is a long time, and if suspect X did well for himself, he might have the resources to start assembling the LoR. To find Suspect X's identity, one would probably start with people who worked with Jameson and who are still alive today.

It's also possible that Suspect X might himself be a pawn or useful idiot for others. Both an Imperial Senator and an Alliance Admiral are likely to have enemies in the present day who would be happy at their demise; and who would have likely have lent a hand to Suspect X and the LoR to make getting to their targets a little easier. Said enemies need not even be related to "The Club" - why waste time killing people for 150 year old crimes when there might be more profitable reasons in the present day?

Those are my thoughts, from my position on the periphery of these issues. Any errors remain my own.

I'm not sure I buy either Ms. Argent or Salome's friend's as likely suspects; they might have a beef with "The Club", but to want to exact revenge for Jameson? Were either of them even alive in Jameson's time?

That said, life extension is a thing in Elite, so I wonder about this scenario:

Suppose there was someone who was Jameson's contemporary - another pilot, an INRA employee, or someone - who admired Jameson, respected him, and believed he died a hero. But then INRA's genocide attempt was exposed, and Jameson's recordings were discovered. Our contemporary - let's call them "Suspect X" - is shattered; learning Jameson's unwitting role in the genocide and his subsequent murder, at the same time as the rest of the galaxy. But while for us it's a note of rewriting our history books, for Suspect X, it's personal. Suspect X can't get over his friend or mentor being killed like that, and decides Someone Has To Pay.

150 years is a long time, and if suspect X did well for himself, he might have the resources to start assembling the LoR. To find Suspect X's identity, one would probably start with people who worked with Jameson and who are still alive today.

It's also possible that Suspect X might himself be a pawn or useful idiot for others. Both an Imperial Senator and an Alliance Admiral are likely to have enemies in the present day who would be happy at their demise; and who would have likely have lent a hand to Suspect X and the LoR to make getting to their targets a little easier. Said enemies need not even be related to "The Club" - why waste time killing people for 150 year old crimes when there might be more profitable reasons in the present day?

Those are my thoughts, from my position on the periphery of these issues. Any errors remain my own.

Good points! [up]

To me there's absolutely no sense in murdering a person because his ancestors had a certain opinion, 200 years ago. To put it in perspective, have you ever heard of someone being killed because his ancestor faught in the wrong side during the battle of Waterloo? Also, remembering soldiers that died centuries ago? It certainly would take the police ages to conclude who was meant by 'Wellington'... "For Wellington - who's this Wellington? He certainly doesn't mean 19th century General?"

While we are discussing here, DB's "certain smile" in all the FD videos comes to my mind and meanwhile I am convinced that he is a sly fox. ;)

Please remember the logs of Cmdr Jameson: at the end he send his love to his son! And today we have Lori Jameson! So what happened to Cmrd Jameson is still alive within this family - and in the history records of the Federation of Pilots!

I found this thread here. Please read and follow the two interesting links! ;)

And there is more to come.

My bet is on a pro-Thargoid human faction, perhaps from the original Turner-Argent Alliance faction, seeking "reparations" for what INRA and their Aegis successors did/have done to human-Thargoid relations and perhaps the Turners.

Last edited:
Top Bottom