Who is watching the "Social Media" channels today :)

I got a telefax from FD, they got problems in mirroring the stuff from the live build to the alpha servers. They will respond soon(TM).

I see your avatar reacted!

yXPkdtp.png

All kidding aside, where IS the best place to get announcements? I have no social media, and, well, no friends to tell me. I check here all the time, but, I am always a day late and a dollar short.

Aye, we forum rats wasn't neglected either:

Awesome, not too far into the future.

I honestly don't know if I should be happy or worried about that release date!

Ah screw it, I'll be happy, can always replace that with bitter disappointment in a month's time.
It's time for polishing, performance tuning and quality issues. Not alot of time, but they will be able to put some effort into it.
But there will be need for more polishing (and hotfixing) after release ofc.
This is a complex piece of software after all - and a very complex consumer group (many different PC configurations).

Last edited:
It's time for polishing, performance tuning and quality issues. Not alot of time, but they will be able to put some effort into it.
But there will be need for more polishing (and hotfixing) after release ofc.
This is a complex piece of software after all.
My primary concern is about performance - while it runs okay (I'm being generous here) on my PC it should run flawlessly, as Horizons does currently. I can live with bugs (as I've done from the first day I played this game) but too much jank and inconsistent performance will be a lot more noticeable.

Fingers crossed 4 weeks is enough time to stabilise things from a technical perspective.

Ah screw it, I'll be happy, can always replace that with bitter disappointment in a month's time.

Irony isn't lost on that "giant leap" which is basically a fade to black screen, but... I really hope it'll be a good one for PC; hopefully for consoles as well, at a later date.

If Alpha ends in 30th April, Frontier should release Phase 4 today so that we can test a week of existing players.

So, a month to sort out all the issues

Given all the issues I've seen and experienced, I'm a little worried myself...... One month to get it all in order? Hmmm

My biggest concern is that Odyssey will screw up Horizons, as many of the graphical and gameplay changes aren't necessarily Odyssey specific. Will Horizons remain the same and Odyssey be a completely separate game, or are they going to fold the non-Odyssey components (e.g shield effects, ship model improvements, menu structure, etc) into Horizons (and thus create a whole set of issues with it)???

Irony isn't lost on that "giant leap" which is basically a fade to black screen, but... I really hope it'll be a good one for PC; hopefully for consoles as well, at a later date.
Whenever I boot up Horizons I feel like I want to play EDO instead, so I'm properly excited for the game being live next month - can hardly wait to dig in properly (which the Alpha doesn't really allow, and isn't really intended for as such).

If I'm perfectly honest I don't really see any reason why the game can't run steadily on last gen consoles, unless the new planet tech is very demanding under the hood - the rest is very nice visually but not exactly bleeding edge either. I'm hopeful that consolieros will be able to enjoy the game and not suffer another CP2077 debacle.

All kidding aside, where IS the best place to get announcements? I have no social media, and, well, no friends to tell me. I check here all the time, but, I am always a day late and a dollar short.
When we all work that out... we will let you know :) FD refer us to the forums, but never put anything here, so you just have to put up with the insane rants on here instead... We call it fun :)

Edit: because you asked a serious question... I should clarify.. .FD do put stuff on the forums, just not in a very timely fashion.

Top Bottom