Who is watching the "Social Media" channels today :)

Cool, I wonder how the dev's feel about this date.

Issue Tracker:
4230 unconfirmed issues.
120 confirmed

So that's 16/17 working days to process 4000+ issues and fix all the ones that are real, non-duplicated issues.

Not to mention the EAP(Early Access Program)/Alpha/Beta/whatever they want to call it - still has another 7/8 days left.
And we haven't even started on the compatibility testing of Phase 4 yet.

I admire their confidence.

PS: Cyberpunk 2077 was still fun and I completed it a couple of times - before the massive patch that fixed a few thousand bugs - just saying :)

If Alpha ends in 30th April, Frontier should release Phase 4 today so that we can test a week of existing players.

They said on one of the news streams, that isn't a hard endpoint. It's just an approximation for sales reasons (they're selling access to the alpha, so they want to make it clear it'll only go for a limited time) and it'll go on as long as they need it to. I'd say 30th April is the soonest it will end, rather than the definite end.

Whenever I boot up Horizons I feel like I want to play EDO instead, so I'm properly excited for the game being live next month - can hardly wait to dig in properly (which the Alpha doesn't really allow, and isn't really intended for as such).

If I'm perfectly honest I don't really see any reason why the game can't run steadily on last gen consoles, unless the new planet tech is very demanding under the hood - the rest is very nice visually but not exactly bleeding edge either. I'm hopeful that consolieros will be able to enjoy the game and not suffer another CP2077 debacle.
Honestly now, after I watch the streams of planetary surfaces in EDO, and I play in Horizons looking at what we have now... yep.. I really want this to be good.

Cool, I wonder how the dev's feel about this date.

Issue Tracker:
4230 unconfirmed issues.
120 confirmed

So that's 16/17 working days to process 4000+ issues and fix all the ones that are real, non-duplicated issues.

Not to mention the EAP(Early Access Program)/Alpha/Beta/whatever they want to call it - still has another 7/8 days left.
And we haven't even started on the compatibility testing of Phase 4 yet.

I admire their confidence.

PS: Cyberpunk 2077 was still fun and I completed it a couple of times - before the massive patch that fixed a few thousand bugs - just saying :)

Could be "launch it now and fix along the way" but I really, really hope that's not what's going to happen here. There will be issues of course (heck, we still have them now after years and years) but hopefully nothing game-breaking.

Now if they could fix that pretty unusable galaxy map...

19th of May release date.... "We have nothing to announce regarding the start of Phase 4 right now!" Just now on the facebook post about the release date

All kidding aside, where IS the best place to get announcements? I have no social media, and, well, no friends to tell me. I check here all the time, but, I am always a day late and a dollar short.

If you sign up for Twitter and only follow Elite Dangerous, that's all that you'll see in the feed as far as I know.

Finally im getting the recognition I deserve.

@frontier where is my stream deck?
I suggest making a highly mature, reasoned and non-emotional bit of content about FDev's shameful refusal to send you a stream deck mate. I believe it's the way that Elite's premier influenzas deal with such matters.

Edit: Oh and make sure you include some squeaky toy noises and swearing, I believe 'the kids' love that sort of thing.

Top Bottom