Why am I unable to achieve five-star ratings on X island?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Brett C

Frontier
There are a number of items that can cause an island to not achieve a five star rating.

This image below is from me spending four days (or about 10-12 hours total of trial and error) on the island, just to perfect the 5/5 star rating.
JWE_2018-06-12_12-02-11.png

So let's figure out what causes those stars to disappear.

Things that can reduce your rating...
- Opening up your emergency shelters.
- Weather.
- Damaged buildings.
- Dinosaurs escaping their fenced in area.
- Not enough shops/food/etc.
- Unhealthy dinosaurs.
- Park Overcrowding (buildings everything too compact and not spaced out.)
- Park Facilities are mismanaged or misplaced.

Things that can SEVERELY degrade your parks rating...
- Dinosaurs killing your guests. (This will also hurt your pocket book)
- Keeping your shelters open for too long.

So now knowing what detracts your star value, let's look at what improves it. This delves into your park views management tool.

On your menu to the left, click on this...
JWE_2018-06-12_12-06-05.png

Once clicked, you'll see something like this show up at the bottom left of your UI.
JWE_2018-06-12_12-07-59.png

As you can see, there are 10 different management views. Each one depicts another "demand" of your park, be it your guests or your parks management/placement of items. Each of these items can affect your parks rating.

An overview of the park can be viewed by pressing C. This will open up your Management Panel. Click on Island Rating UI at the top left.
JWE_2018-06-12_12-15-16.png

You should now see two panels that reveal the overall parks rating. The section on the right unlocks after you achieve the needed requirements to the map you're currently on.
JWE_2018-06-12_12-02-11.png

Click on both of those boxes on the left, let's look at the details. Here's the details that shows your park's overall rating.
JWE_2018-06-12_12-18-41.png

As you can see, dinosaurs that are long lived in my park with a history of combat, "earn a name for themselves" - this drastically increases the rating. Unfortunately, this can have a side effect of where my Dinosaurs welfare isn't... good. Fortunately, in this park, the positive Dinosaur ratings completely overcome the negatives... by a lot. Which is resulting in a very nice 5/5 rating on the left side.

What IS hurting my rating is the Facilities in my parks. So let's dig in to this, and why I am so terrible at guest satisfaction.

1) The dinosaur visibility in my park is wavering between 30 to 60%.

What does this mean?
I do not have enough viewing access for guests to see the dinosaurs in all of their glory.

How do I fix it? Build more viewing sites - a variety if you may. This includes the following: Monorail going thru a "dead zone" side of the enclosures. Viewing galleries to view the "at ground level" dinosaurs that are close, but not too far. Viewing platforms to view dinosaurs at a distance.

2) My Food and drink, and shopping satisfaction is mostly to satisfaction...

What does this mean?
a) Prices too high,
b) too far away from "core demand areas" as highlighted in the management tool.
c) I do not have enough management/employees at the facility to accommodate the demand.

How can i fix that? Use the management tool to see where there are red and orange demand areas. These are commonly found near guest hot spots such as viewing points and hotels. Placing such commodities near these facilities can offset the negative and greatly increase satisfaction.

With due time, where the weather doesn't act-up, and where your dinosaurs aren't being skittery, you'll easily achieve a 4/5 to 5/5 rating in no time!

I have a quick question Brett.

I'm still on Matanceros and my next objective is to supply one of my small power stations with a 3.0 upgrade. The thing is, I've only unlocked the 1.0 upgrade. My question is therefore, do the missions continue with me when I move on to the next island? Will this objective be there until I unlock the 3.0 upgrade later on in the game at a different island? :)

im sure when I first start playing with emergency bunkers either the guy from security said or i read some in-game text that using bunkers during a crisis will help retain your parks rating. that seems to contradict whats been stated here.

Brett C

Frontier

I'm still on Matanceros and my next objective is to supply one of my small power stations with a 3.0 upgrade. The thing is, I've only unlocked the 1.0 upgrade. My question is therefore, do the missions continue with me when I move on to the next island? Will this objective be there until I unlock the 3.0 upgrade later on in the game at a different island? :)

Generic Missions do not continue with you unless it's a mission chain. A mission chain is a mission that is linked to other islands core progress (you'll get missions in the next level islands for things you can't complete without the previous missions on the last island completed). You need to complete a previous islands missions to be able to make the next island missions work.

Each mission can be viewed by going to Island Navigation, clicking the island, and checking the missions area to each island. For example, this is what mine looks like for Isla Muerta...

JWE_2018-06-13_17-45-33.png

Last edited:
What about Transport Rating? I have things literally right next to a monorail hub and they're STILL in the red...

i've tried makign as short and direct paths as possible, adn they're STILL in the red

transport rating is the only thing keeping me from a 5 star on this island, and nothing i try seems to get it to improve. I have monorail stations everywhere, i have as short of paths as possible between things...how can i improve the transport rating? You do not cover this in your post

imho some more/better info in the detail tab wouldn't be bad regarding bunkers and hotels. I've spent 3 hours yesterday trying to get my rating from 4.9 to 5 until i realized that they wanted one more bunker/hotel

What about Transport Rating? I have things literally right next to a monorail hub and they're STILL in the red...

i've tried makign as short and direct paths as possible, adn they're STILL in the red

transport rating is the only thing keeping me from a 5 star on this island, and nothing i try seems to get it to improve. I have monorail stations everywhere, i have as short of paths as possible between things...how can i improve the transport rating? You do not cover this in your post

Do you have a monorail station near the park entrance? The transport rating is for distance 'from park entrance' - not just from monorail station - so you need to look at how far the guests have to walk to get to the monrail as well as from.

What is the rating score for 5 stars on island tacano

20180627133112_1.jpg

I'm struggling for five stars on island tacano,
My Dinosaur Rating is fine,
But the Facility Rating is killing me... All of them (Capacity, Satisfaction, Safety) are Great...
Dont know what to do,
What exactly is the needed rating score for 5 stars ....

I have 4.5 stars on almost all of my islands... close but no cigar. Hard to say exactly what's missing in every instance but I'm going to play with these tricks a little more.

Don't forget, you can terminate contracts that you don't have the ability to complete (or are just more effort than they're worth, like some of the photo contracts). It's easy and free in the normal campaign, just click on the contract in the management tab, and it will show a terminate option. If you're playing one of the Challenge" missions though, termination incurs a significant expense.

Well, what about islands where storms (like tornadoes, for instance) threaten the park and the guests therein? I mean, there's no option to reduce such severe weather, and I think it's wrong to be penalized for opening the shelters when it's clearly showing that the park is looking out for the people in it. Also, I think you'd want the shelters to stay open JUST long enough to quickly fix an enclosure's wall, as well as tranquilizing and returning any escaped dinos to their enclosures, thusly protecting the guests.

Also, why should there be a penalty for giving your dinosaurs a different skin coloration when dabbling in a bit of genetic modification? If I were one of the guests, I would be marveling at the unique color patterns in the dinosaurs' skins, not complaining about authenticity. I can understand if it modifies the dinosaurs' behavior (like making a predator more docile which would bore the guests, or making it more aggressive which would endanger the guests), but if the modification just adjusts their coloration, I don't think the penalty should apply.

Last edited:
I'm on isla sorna, I have both safety and statisfaction in the green, only capacity's still in the red (i have around 15k guest if it's relevant). I have 3 hotels and around 15 guest facilities with maxed out staff spread out on the map. What should i do to put capacity in the green as well?

Would it detract from your rating if you accidentally have visitors trapped in an enclosure? This has happened to me a couple of times and I haven't noticed until I zoom in and hear screaming from somewhere. Not happened near the end of any of my runs but feels like it would affect safety rating.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom