Why are some animals sitting right next to food and yet starving?

@Crea_TivELA hiya! Our team have been trying to reproduce but it would be super helpful if we could take a look at your save file in which the problems are occurring. Are you able to send it to community@frontier.co.uk please?
Thank you so much for your help!
Yes I will, as soon as I'm home from work. 👍

EDIT: I did send the Email. 😄 I wrote it was requested from you (in the topic) 😊 I hope you'll see what is happening there. 🍀

Last edited:
@Crea_TivELA hiya! Our team have been trying to reproduce but it would be super helpful if we could take a look at your save file in which the problems are occurring. Are you able to send it to community@frontier.co.uk please?
Thank you so much for your help!
I just had a peafowl do it last night so I ended up releasing them to the wild to solve the problem rather than letting them die.

My food bowls are not sheltered or roofed so it can't just be sheltered or roofed things that are causing the problems. My peafowl was sitting next to a full large food tray out in the open and was starving as it just sat there, got up and walked right on by.

Same problem, not with food though, with water. 6 of my golden hogs hydrated to death while there were 2 bowls full of water next to them. Yet they completely refuse to go too and literally lie down next to it chilling till the die. Grrr.

🤔 oooh... 😕 I had just the issue, when the bowls were roofed up - but I saw in some thread that some people could solve it by moving the bowls to another place in the habitat or by replacing them with new ones. Maybe that helps you both until it's fixed completly.

If it doesn't help send your save file to Frontier too and tell them what is happening - so they can figure out why the issue comes up -> communtity@frontier.co.uk🙂

Things that help to prevent Animals from deceasing because they refuse to drink are:
-Moving Animal to Quarantine and after
some Time back to the Enclosure.
-Moving the Animal to a very small
Enclosure with a Waterbowl.
-Reloading the Game.

At least this helps in my Save game

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
🤔 oooh... 😕 I had just the issue, when the bowls were roofed up - but I saw in some thread that some people could solve it by moving the bowls to another place in the habitat or by replacing them with new ones. Maybe that helps you both until it's fixed completly.

If it doesn't help send your save file to Frontier too and tell them what is happening - so they can figure out why the issue comes up -> communtity@frontier.co.uk🙂

Thanks for sending your save file! We've found the issue, indeed a bug, and hope to have a fix out for it in the next update!!

I have this issue with water. My ostrich habitat is now littered with water pumps / bowls and yet they are constantly thirsty or dehydrated.
The stations aren't under roofs.

I have this issue with water. My ostrich habitat is now littered with water pumps / bowls and yet they are constantly thirsty or dehydrated.
The stations aren't under roofs.

How many of them you have in habitat? I found out that feeding and thirsty problems are related to number of animals. If you have them too much then not all of them will use food/water.

Yeah, exact same thing. I had a flamingo Habitat, all works fine with 2 water bowls and a little area of water, all was going well then started getting dehydrated messages, sold a few of the flamingoes and everything went back working again. But they do have babies constantly

Top Bottom