Why atmospheric landings?

Because it's one more step for completing the game world.
Because it's actual space sim content.
Because they are beautiful and I'd really love to see (acidic) rain on my canopy.
Because it could come with a lot of great gameplay mechanics and a makeover for planetary surfaces in general, since when they are working on planets, I'm pretty sure they will all profit from it.
Because atmospheric landings would be in line with ED's prequels, where we can even land on earth-likes, which I don't expect from atmospheric landings in Elite at first.
Because I am not keen on any FPS shootout gameplay in my favorite space sim but instead want the tech, the ships and more things I can do while space faring.

Add your reasons if you like, just please don't make this another space legs thread. Thanks.

There is only one way to create literally thousands of landable (atmospheric) planets: procedural generation.
Do I need to say anything more?

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

We choose atmospheric landings in this new era and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too.

We choose atmospheric landings in this new era and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too.

Classy post, seems vaguely familiar for some reason.

Avoid Dallas.

Leak didn't mention atmos 🤷‍♀️ nvm, I'm sure it's in the plans for 2022 :)

Edit: You do know that Space Legs and Atmos threads are equally pointless - fdev have been working on New Era for over a year, they wont be changing their minds now...
So what might they not be changing their minds over?
Do you have word from Frontier (which I may have missed) confirming exactly what content is coming in 'new era'? Just asking :)

Because it's one more step for completing the game world.
Because it's actual space sim content.
Because they are beautiful and I'd really love to see (acidic) rain on my canopy.
Because it could come with a lot of great gameplay mechanics and a makeover for planetary surfaces in general, since when they are working on planets, I'm pretty sure they will all profit from it.
Because atmospheric landings would be in line with ED's prequels, where we can even land on earth-likes, which I don't expect from atmospheric landings in Elite at first.
Because I am not keen on any FPS shootout gameplay in my favorite space sim but instead want the tech, the ships and more things I can do while space faring.

Add your reasons if you like, just please don't make this another space legs thread. Thanks.

Camping!

3Cave%2B00b.jpg

I would love to get atmospheric landings.

I could go on all day long saying why I believe being able to access all the planets in the galaxy would be absolutely fantastic.

But then I noticed the OP created this thread in a "atmospheric landings instead of spacelegs" tone...

... so I can't in due conscience contribute, because I want both, not one at the expense of the other.

Top Bottom