Why breeding mechanics are still needed

Deleted member 275623

D
What a nice post and I'm complete with you.
BUT... you want a real funktional eco system-GAME... we all want that, sure.
The problem is, in my opinion, the AI isn't ready for such complexety, yet. I can be completely wrong but never seen real intelligence in any Videogame, yet.
You should play F.E.A.R best ai to date.

Well I think the answer is very simple...
The main point of the game is to make a successful park. If that park needs to be successful, they don't want uncontrolled breeding. Which has been the focal point in the entire franchise. The movies and books are about the things that went wrong, but this game is about getting it right. Which means no uncontrolled breeding and only female dinosaurs, like the franchise always intended.

Well I think the answer is very simple...
The main point of the game is to make a successful park. If that park needs to be successful, they don't want uncontrolled breeding. Which has been the focal point in the entire franchise. The movies and books are about the things that went wrong, but this game is about getting it right. Which means no uncontrolled breeding and only female dinosaurs, like the franchise always intended.

The point is we're in the time after Fallen Kingdom. Dinosaurs are free in wild and like we see at Battle at Big Rock they have reproduced. If our only way to produce Dinos by the hatchery at this point would that be an explanation. But the days of isolated islands are over.
Even the fact that there a organisations like Dinosaur protection group, don't you think there will be Breeding programms like in today's zoos to save the animals from renewed extinction? Plus the fact that in FK some very rich people bought dinos and eventually now clone their own ones without knowing how to withhold the y chromosome from animals.

Deleted member 275623

D
The plot is so dumb lol.....they cant even survibve ....now they can. xD ah yes because they are all asexual

The point is we're in the time after Fallen Kingdom. Dinosaurs are free in wild and like we see at Battle at Big Rock they have reproduced. If our only way to produce Dinos by the hatchery at this point would that be an explanation. But the days of isolated islands are over.
Even the fact that there a organisations like Dinosaur protection group, don't you think there will be Breeding programms like in today's zoos to save the animals from renewed extinction? Plus the fact that in FK some very rich people bought dinos and eventually now clone their own ones without knowing how to withhold the y chromosome from animals.

Yes, but this is not in the wild? This is in a controlled environment and a theme park. And considering how many were against the Dinosaur Protection Group and the fact that they are not scientists, how would they breed more? The don't even have the facilities or know how.

And how do you know, that the people that were buying the dinosaurs in FK will clone them themselves and especially how do you have any idea, that they can't control the chromosomes? You're just speculating... If they have the knowledge and equipment to clone animals, you can damn sure also control their chromosomes.

But that's still not the point. The point is that this franchise always strived to make a functional park without uncontrolled breeding. Simple.

Deleted member 275623

D
i mean they suddenly evolved that they dont need the protein to survive......so plotholes gallore. aynthing can happenc nobody cares.

i mean they suddenly evolved that they dont need the protein to survive......so plotholes gallore. aynthing can happenc nobody cares.

They still needed it in the Jurassic Park Franchise. Not sure in JW. But all the herbivores in the JP franchise ate food with high lysine concentration, and the carnivores ate them. That was pointed out. But JW is later on, so not sure they still cloned dinosaurs that had this feature.

Deleted member 275623

D
You would think they got smarter.....but what am i saying they built an entertainment park on an active volcano. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 275623

D
You know there is a thing like scientists they can tell you when it will break out such things doesnt happen suddenly......

You know there is a thing like scientists they can tell you when it will break out such things doesnt happen suddenly......
Uh, scientists are great, but “it blows every 8-10 thousand years and it’s over due so I guess any century now… call us if something rumbles” isn’t quite like the hurricane tracker.

I don't know why but I have a feeling breeding is being earmarked for a DLC far in the future. I mean this is one of the most highly requested things and Frontier seem to have accommodated so many community requests already..... so why leave this particular one out altogether? I mean for a DLC to be worth it it needs a big gameplay update right? I'm jut speculating but perhaps it's shelved for the Dominion release, or even Camp Cretaceous finale?? I can't believe Universal would miss both those opportunities to cash in?

I don't know why but I have a feeling breeding is being earmarked for a DLC far in the future. I mean this is one of the most highly requested things and Frontier seem to have accommodated so many community requests already..... so why leave this particular one out altogether? I mean for a DLC to be worth it it needs a big gameplay update right? I'm jut speculating but perhaps it's shelved for the Dominion release, or even Camp Cretaceous finale?? I can't believe Universal would miss both those opportunities to cash in?
Let's hope that's true! Even if it takes a long time, the important thing is that this feature comes in the future!

It would be too much work. No one knows how Dinosaurs mated in real life. Then you have to animate that or simplify it. Then you have to make modesl and rigs for all the baby and sub adult dinosaurs cause they didn't just look like small versions of the adults. You can look at modern day animals to see that. That requires new models and that means new rigs and animations. Again it means a lot of work. Keep in mind that development on this game probably started in late 2018 maybe early 2019. They have had a few years to work on it but they have been making improvements from the first game.

There are people out there that want to see dinosaurs mating, they want to see nests fill with eggs and hatchlings. That will never happen. It's a game and not educational media. You will never see that. The most you might get is a nest and some young dinosaurs running around when you look away and comeback. Like they instantly spawn in. That's how it went in the novel. One day they had x number of dinosaurs and some time later they had more.

But I think they plan to stick to the idea that all the dinosaurs are females and they don't breed.

Top Bottom