Why can't ED support Nvidia GeForce Experience

I use Experience as it easily allows you to record gameplay without any loss of game performance and has other very useful tools , it doesn't hog system resources and runs in the background without any detriment to your game . I think some people don't like it because they are suspicious of but a lot of you tubers use it to record gameplay for their channels , the only drawback that I can think of although it picks up audio from teamspeak when recording gameplay it doesn't from discord .

Yea it's fine. Not the only tool, but one that works just fine. Not sure why all the hate shrug.

Some game developers don't do the work requires to allow it to work with their game, and that's fine too.

It's not that GFE is particularly bad, just that anything GFE can do, something else can do it better, often with less bloat and more privacy. The trade-off is that somewhat more technical aptitude is required.

I hate to Necro a reasonably old thread but i finally have the answer!
After installing the Epic version i noticed it brought up two versions ED and ED:H, i could optimise ED:H as its installed but not ED which makes sense. My Frontier store version I've not been able to optimise for forever only shows ED installed.
This got me thinking and i went digging into the files, Epic stores the launcher and the game in the same folder (i assume the same for steam). The Frontier store version stores the launcher in program files and the game in your /user/ folder usually hidden.
So... i followed the following guide and set up a symlink products folder in the same folder as my frontier store launcher.
Re-ran the experience and now i have 2 ED's and 2 ED:H's and i finally managed to optimise my Frontier copy of elite!

Code:
mklink /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\EDLaunch\Products" "C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products"

After installing the Epic version i noticed it brought up two versions ED and ED:H, i could optimise ED:H as its installed but not ED which makes sense. My Frontier store version I've not been able to optimise for forever only shows ED installed.
This got me thinking and i went digging into the files, Epic stores the launcher and the game in the same folder (i assume the same for steam). The Frontier store version stores the launcher in program files and the game in your /user/ folder usually hidden.
So... i followed the following guide and set up a symlink products folder in the same folder as my frontier store launcher.
Re-ran the experience and now i have 2 ED's and 2 ED:H's and i finally managed to optimise my Frontier copy of elite!

Code:
mklink /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\EDLaunch\Products" "C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products"
You sir are a star! I have had this problem for so long and gave up looking. I just got the new Nvidia App (Beta) and wondered if it would finally work but no. It still showed my Frontier Store copy of ED as The Base Game ED instead of ED:O.
One last look to see if there is a fix and i stubble upon this post 3 and a bit years later, copy your code into CMD and voila!! Nvidia App now shows ED:O and can be optimized!
Thank you buddy.

Code:
Further to the last response, just wanted to say thanks for this too - same fix worked for me. Made the change then re-scanned my games in the Nvidia app, worked like a charm.

Top Bottom