Hi guys,

I've been flying a Python for a while now and a few unfortunate situations at some conflict zones recently meant that I have lost most of my money from having to rebuy my ship. Later I DC'd from a RE site and found that I had been destroyed after I DC'd. I am now unable to rebuy my ship despite the game showing that I have enough money if I use a loan. The attached image is what i'm seeing. I know that I will lose my ship if I can't rebuy it, but the combination of it showing me that it's mathematically possible for me to rebuy, and the fact that I died because of a disconnect, leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to grind another 50 mil, especially as there aren't any particularly good ways of earning money at the moment (that I know of).

Any help here would be great!

Image is here: https://imgur.com/a/Ccvao

Yup, short. Side question, I have not seen a rebuy screen in a while....what does the "your stored ships" button offer as options?

Well I bought a Sidewinder just for moments like this.. ie skint, but really don't want to borrow a sidewinder.. So if you buy a ship and store it somewhere.. if you should ever (when) find yourself stuck, you can choose one of your own stored ships.

Python in a Conflict Zone is considered risky by many forum contributors. It's beginning to look like you are proving their point. You need to change (down) to a different ship, such as a Vulture maybe ? The rebuy is also less.

Hi guys,

I've been flying a Python for a while now and a few unfortunate situations at some conflict zones recently meant that I have lost most of my money from having to rebuy my ship. Later I DC'd from a RE site and found that I had been destroyed after I DC'd. I am now unable to rebuy my ship despite the game showing that I have enough money if I use a loan. The attached image is what i'm seeing. I know that I will lose my ship if I can't rebuy it, but the combination of it showing me that it's mathematically possible for me to rebuy, and the fact that I died because of a disconnect, leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to grind another 50 mil, especially as there aren't any particularly good ways of earning money at the moment (that I know of).

As I moved up the ship chain I always kept my last ship in storage. If you cannot afford the next ship without trading in your old one you cannot really afford it in the first place.
I now have 7 ships all A rated and almost all engineered but I never fear the rebuy screen because I DON'T FLY WITHOUT REBUY!.
Your stats panel tells you your insured rebuy cost. If you don't have that stay out of combat and do some $ missions until you do.

Lastly, as said above, a Python is not really the ship of choice for a CZ. The fact you cannot afford the rebuy makes me think you are a fairly new pilot so listen to the advice you get on the forum. Python is a great ship and can do well in combat but CZ have multiple targets non stop and you being new this is not the smartest ship to try CZ in. FDL or Vulture yes. Python is good to do missions in (cargo space) and submit to interdiction and fight it out 1v1 or 1v2 even, sure. But CZ, no novice combat pilot will do well for long in a Python. It's not speedy, doesn't turn as well as Vulture or FDL and lacks the big gun slots.

I don't get it, with the loan he's got 3674000, which is more than the 3635000 ship, not sure why he's blocked, or how the game's final balance is calculated.

Last edited:
Python with engineering can DEFINITELY hold its own in a HICZ. That’s all I did for about a year straight but I did have 1500 in shields and it ran super hot all the time. Doing the same in a Vette nowadays and I’m pretty much unstoppable but I do miss my Python.

Hi guys,

You have to select the items in your loadout to unlock the rebuy ship, I dont kn ow whjy it doesnt automatically select them for you....

Well I bought a Sidewinder just for moments like this.. ie skint, but really don't want to borrow a sidewinder.. So if you buy a ship and store it somewhere.. if you should ever (when) find yourself stuck, you can choose one of your own stored ships.

Can you also choose to sell one of your other ships to afford the rebuy?

If you're short, select some modules you don't want to rebuy on your Python. It might hurt, especially if they are engineered, but it's still better than losing the ship. I wonder how much those C3 plasma accelerator would net you.

edit: silly me, 152k per weapon.

ive had the same issue with my python. ive sent in a help ticket, and you should be good with thee positive amount in the bank we shall see what happens.

In that screen shot you haven't actually selected 'SELECT ALL' yet. Surely when you do that the 'PURCHASE' option should come up? .....or am I missing something?? Then you can unclick some modules if you need to in order to get the overall rebuy cost down.

In that screen shot you haven't actually selected 'SELECT ALL' yet. Surely when you do that the 'PURCHASE' option should come up? .....or am I missing something?? Then you can unclick some modules if you need to in order to get the overall rebuy cost down.
how he has it currently he has no modules selected to bring the overall price down, when the amount is positive the purchase button should be unghosted. Im having the same issue and awaiting response from the support page.

Python with engineering can DEFINITELY hold its own in a HICZ. That’s all I did for about a year straight but I did have 1500 in shields and it ran super hot all the time. Doing the same in a Vette nowadays and I’m pretty much unstoppable but I do miss my Python.

Yea I didn't mean to imply it couldn't be done. Just its not the ship of choice for it. And the OP lacks rebuy funds so he's likely a fairly new pilot to boot.

Hi guys,

You where flying well below the rebuy, even with the rank based loan you are still short. Sell one of your other ships to make up the shortfall.

Last edited:
Python in a Conflict Zone is considered risky by many forum contributors. It's beginning to look like you are proving their point. You need to change (down) to a different ship, such as a Vulture maybe ? The rebuy is also less.

Python was the first ship I could take into a CZ and stay until my ammo was exhausted.

Really any ship can hang in a CZ if you're pilot enough for it.

As for the OP... I have no idea. Never allowed myself into anything like that situation.

I've parked ship (Python, Type-9) and flown less expensive ships because I wasn't banking at least twice my rebuy. I've opted out of activities in favor of other activities, simply because my balance was not as padded as I liked.

Hopefully you can get off the rebuy screen safely.

Selling other ships or not rebuying every module might do it as previously suggested ... another option would be CQC (you can use that menu option without a ship, or start the CQC-only mode from the launcher). It doesn't pay much, but if you're only a few tens of thousand short you can cover that relatively quickly from your match payouts.

I really don't want to grind another 50 mil, especially as there aren't any particularly good ways of earning money at the moment (that I know of).
I can think of a few which would earn that 50 million in about an hour. However ... they're generally ones which firstly require a bit of set up to get to that earning rate [1] ... and secondly only pay that sort of money if you're already in a Python (though you could probably get 20-30 per hour with an Asp)

Don't know if you consider that a good rate or not, of course.

[1] Things like requiring particular minimum Elite ranks, or Allied status with particular factions, or travelling to particular specific systems, or creating a particular BGS state, or just practicising a difficult task until you're really good at it.

Hi guys,

support contacted me back, there is currently a UI bug in the rebuy screen for some ships that leaves out the creditors cut which is why we couldn't select purchase.

Top Bottom