Why can't Planet zoo release a full 100% percent animal stats ?

Do the size stats actually appear as different sizes in the game, on a visual level? I admit that I've never compared side by side closely enough to know.

(EDIT: Or more likely, have never had sufficiently different stats on two animals side by side at the same time to notice.)

Do the size stats actually appear as different sizes in the game, on a visual level? I admit that I've never compared side by side closely enough to know.

(EDIT: Or more likely, have never had sufficiently different stats on two animals side by side at the same time to notice.)
They do, though I feel it's not very significant or consistent in some cases 😅

To answer your other post:

For me, as a sandbox player, I want to create the zoos of my dreams, with the perfect animals that belong to that vision. Think of it as a story: I make up the concept, and try to bring it to life in the game. So I make a rescue zoo, all my animals will have the 'rescued' origin. If the macaques came from abysmal circumstances, they will have poor health and longevity and be covered in scars probably. And the gemsboks came from a guy that bred them for white coats, so they are all leucistic. And then another zoo sees how well my animals are recovering and cared for, and they have an overflow of well bred giraffes, and ask if I would to take some off their hands? Why yes, of course I'll welcome these beauts with 100% longevity, health, and fertility.

I play to make these fantasies come to life. That's the great part of Sandbox --it should allow whatever a player feels like doing. Except right now it doesn't , at least not in the animal department.

I'm mostly in for size, longevity and colour (mainly colour, to be honest), but longevity matters, because if you buy animals with poor longevity, they tend to drop dead the next few minutes, so nothing is gained - and it's a double frust, if it was the only animal for hours with the right colour. (Same with age, of cause. One time I found an albino capuchin in Sandbox, but sadly she was so old, that she was at the end of her fertility-time.)

Last edited:
Well you can get 100% animals, it takes time but it is definetly possible. I have breed thousands of perfect stat baby animals over the last year or so. That is what my big Franchise project is, to breed perfect bebys of every habitat species in the game.

You can even breed them from bad stat parents, it just takes a long time, many generations and careful matching of the parents :)

Not sure if it's really dooable in Sandbox, as you can't move animals from one zoo to the other, but in Franchise it is very dooable :)

I'm actually doing the same thing, but refusing to use any CC animals. It's not because I'm against getting that head start, that would be so nice; no I just hate albinos and refuse to have their genes in my zoo (I just feel albinos don't belong in zoos. I don't hate that albinism is in the game, it's just a game and a lot of people like it, but I just prefer for realism's sake to keep them out of my zoos).

It'd be nice if the market just let you know if a species was het albino (carried the albino gene but didn't show it; only 1 albino gene).

Last edited:
I'm mostly in for size, longevity and colour (mainly colour, to be honest), but longevity matters, because if you buy animals with poor longevity, they tend to drop dead the next few minutes, so nothing is gained - and it's a double frust, if it was the only animal for hours with the right colour. (Same with age, of cause. One time I found an albino capuchin in Sandbox, but sadly she was so old, that she was at the end of her fertility-time.)
I would love the ability to just set the animal stats and the game generated that animal (in Sandbox only). Honestly, I only truly care about longevity and color; I never have disease outbreaks so immunity is moot and they all breed like rabbits so no problems there (enough so that I've never had population decline); I'd set them too 100 though because why not? Longevity should ideally always be 100, I want the animals to stay around as long as possible. Size I actually like varied, it's sandbox so I don't care about appeal bonuses, having a group of varying sized animals is aesthetically pleasing. IRL animals don't all grow to the exact same size, and that's not a bad thing. I generally would like the male to be a perfect 100% size (unless females of the species are supposed to be bigger) and the females heights falling along a bell curve.

Top Bottom