Why did Hodur influence drop so much

I'm curious as to why the influence in our home system dropped by so much overnight (9%). Running missions against us or smuggling in the black market would surely require a lot of traffic. However, the traffic report is normal, most of the traffic is our own ships. Does the bounties issued number in the station report refer to the number of bounties issued or the value, because if it's the number then clearly some bots are involved and if it's the value then it can't have had such an impact.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
1,4 Mio Inhabitants is not much for BGS influence changing. Some raiding of a ody settlement alone could let the inf drop in this degree.

Mhhh...ok. Are you in a current war in some other system where your faction is present? Or is your faction in Hodur in Expansion status?

Mhhh...ok. Are you in a current war in some other system where your faction is present? Or is your faction in Hodur in Expansion status?
Yes to war, we are at war in Ocshongzi and the Portuguese Royal Navy, who are a large player faction, are trying to destroy us. We are not expanding at the moment.

424,000 is a lot of bounties. That's just under 100 ship kills (about 80). As the controlling faction with over 60% influence, that's going to hurt a lot.

Remember, negative effects hurt a lot more against high influence factions than low influence ones (and conversely, it's easier to prop up low influence factions than it is high influence ones).

Even larger drops are pretty easy to achieve in a small system like this.

Edit: and don't forget, traffic reports don't show ships that stayed in system.

Yes to war, we are at war in Ocshongzi and the Portuguese Royal Navy, who are a large player faction, are trying to destroy us. We are not expanding at the moment.
It seems to be that participating in a war in one system is effecting the inf of a faction also in other systems where the faction is present. Perhaps someone who is a real BGS expert can elaborate to this...

It seems to be that participating in a war in one system is effecting the inf of a faction also in other systems where the faction is present. Perhaps someone who is a real BGS expert can elaborate to this...
Wars in other systems have no effects outside the system they occur in.

More likely , in order to distract from supporting a war, put pressure on other systems not influence locked in order to get easier war wins.

424,000 is a lot of bounties. That's just under 100 ship kills (about 80). As the controlling faction with over 60% influence, that's going to hurt a lot.

Remember, negative effects hurt a lot more against high influence factions than low influence ones (and conversely, it's easier to prop up low influence factions than it is high influence ones).

Even larger drops are pretty easy to achieve in a small system like this.

Edit: and don't forget, traffic reports don't show ships that stayed in system.
Yes I'm aware that small population systems are easier to influence than large populations systems, and also if you have high influence then the negative affects are bigger, but I thought 424k was actually a small value for bounties? When we go bounty hunting we generate 100s of millions in bounties.

Last edited:
Wars in other systems have no effects outside the system they occur in.

More likely , in order to distract from supporting a war, put pressure on other systems not influence locked in order to get easier war wins.
That may be what's going on but I really don't understand how the influence drop is so huge given that we have been working in our home system and the value of the traffic and bounties seems so low.

Yes I'm aware that small population systems are easier to influence than large populations systems, and also if you have high influence then the negative affects are bigger, but I though 424k was actually a small value for bounties? When we go bounty hunting we generate 100s of millions in bounties.
That's not bounties claimed. It's bounties issued, i.e a record of bounties issued to players committing crimes.

In other words, someone was murdering innocent NPCs in the system, or even just assaulting them (which would be worse) and racked up 400k bounties in the process. Violent crimes affect the influence of the jurisdiction they were committed in.

That's not bounties claimed. It's bounties issued, i.e a record of bounties issued to players committing crimes.

In other words, someone was murdering innocent NPCs in the system, or even just assaulting them (which would be worse) and racked up 400k bounties in the process. Violent crimes affect the influence of the jurisdiction they were committed in.
Thanks, I think that explains it - they must be killing a lot of Black Hand of Orion ships to try and divert our attention to the home system and prevent us from participating in the war. I'm not complaining, we have a faction member who is ex French Foreign Legion who likes to poke the bear every now and then :)

I'm working on em...er, it!
I'm camped near jamanu intent on returning the favour...and they do have alot of juicy settlements for me to ransack

Yes I'm aware that small population systems are easier to influence than large populations systems, and also if you have high influence then the negative affects are bigger, but I thought 424k was actually a small value for bounties? When we go bounty hunting we generate 100s of millions in bounties.
... but 100 mio of bounties have only marginally more effect than 10 mio or 4,5 mio. 450k get you 20% of what you get for 8 mio, probably (untested) >18% as what you get for 100 mio. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ce-fc-update-bounty-buff.565678/#post-8961722

anyway, as the crime report does not list bounty redeems (the bounty report does, and that low) that isn't all important here.

just don't think your 100 mio for your faction at 60% can counter 6 450k bountie redeems for lower influence factions.

Most of the gains appear to have gone to a single faction, which means they weren't just running negative levers indiscriminately. The faction that made the most gains is the one that's currently in retreat, so that might also be attracting missions from surrounding systems too.

Thanks, I think that explains it - they must be killing a lot of Black Hand of Orion ships to try and divert our attention to the home system and prevent us from participating in the war. I'm not complaining, we have a faction member who is ex French Foreign Legion who likes to poke the bear every now and then :)
Just note, it doesn't need to be your faction ships that are destroyed. Rather, it's just violent crime needs to be committed within the target jurisdiction.

So, they could be destroying any ships. As long as it accrues a bounty in your faction's jurisdiction, that's sufficient.

Just note, it doesn't need to be your faction ships that are destroyed. Rather, it's just violent crime needs to be committed within the target jurisdiction.

So, they could be destroying any ships. As long as it accrues a bounty in your faction's jurisdiction, that's sufficient.
Yes indeed I misspoke, they just need to incur bounties in the system to bring down the controlling minor factions influence - but I still find it very odd - I've never seen such a large drop in influence with almost no traffic while others are working to trade and gain influence.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Do players arriving by Carrier count towards the system traffic?

There were six Carriers in the system when I looked on Inara earlier, only two of which are named so as to seem to be affiliated with the dominant Faction.

Do players arriving by Carrier count towards the system traffic?

There were six Carriers in the system when I looked on Inara earlier, only two of which are named so as to seem to be affiliated with the dominant Faction.
No, it doesn't. Nor does arriving by apex and having your ship transferred.
edit: and if you didn't leave and reenter the system at all, you won't show up either - there don't appear to be any ody settlements in the system but I've run missions in a system for days this way without showing up on the traffic report.

Top Bottom