Why did you stay with Power?

So, why did you choose to stay with the Power you pledged to? But pleeeeease, avoid "for modules and then I move on" answers because we all know about that and that's not the question nor staying with power.

Good looks of leader? Weekly bonuses? Their in-game politics? HQ distance?

With this I'm also looking for help...
My first power was/still is Aisling and after I got Prismatics, now I find her too far away from my fleet and usual activities around Shin Dez.
Galaxy map shows Felicia Winters conveniently covers exactly the part of space I dwell in (guess most of us do), so I consider joining her for occasional, nearby powerplay when there's no CGs, mineral harvesting etc. Also not interested in any other power-weapons.

This is lazy-pledging, I know, and that's why I'm asking you for your reasons, to see how wrong my point-of-view is.
Tnx!

Last edited:
Well, i never stayed because of the boring mechanics. But there are two powers i would have stuck with if the gameplay was interesting.

My first Pledge was to Zemina Torval. I loved the idea of a mining based power. (This was way back, in 1.3, when mining had only just got limpets, and was still not really profitable). But then i understood that all powers were more or less the same. There is no real reason to choose one over another from a gameplay perspective. The only reason is roleplay.

So, next time i pledged (excepting those times i pledged to get modules), a few years later, was to Mahon. Out of the superpowers, i like Alliance best. I was a lot wiser to PP and its mechanics. I pledged more for the roleplay and with the idea of helping out.

But again, the mechanics sapped my soul and instead of roleplay i found drama, salt, and statistics on the Discord. It wasn't fun. I didn't want to be part of that community, and powerplay without community is just a waste of time.

But ultimately, i just can't feel connected to any of them.

If we could raise powers from factions, then i'd be all in, trying to recruit people, growing our faction, making the Ancients of Mumu into a power. If we could then say to FD, ok, we are now a power. Our leader is called King Boy D, here is a pic. Make it so! Then i'd feel invested. We might be a weak power, surrounded on all sides by stronger powers, but i'd fight for our status as a power.

But spending effort on a 2D pic i feel no connection with based on boring mechanics.... not for me.

I liked the idea of being a cultist, fluffy on the outside but a stone cold zealot on the inside- it proved to be a fun thing to write about (as well as the technology basis of the lore for Pranav).

But, after a while I gravitated towards The King, after feeling Pranav was just too fluffy and got bored of quiche.

.......and then Kumo Burger came along.

Perma open in a vette built to kill anything that threatens empire space! My pledge means something to me and l rp it as a devoted efficient combat pilot. Currently giving threat 6 upwards pirates a lesson in humility.
For the empire!

I'm with ALD purely for the bounty hunting bonus.
20% bonus when fighting in her control systems + another 30% bonus when turning in vouchers as she's currently running third.

This makes bounty hunting far more lucrative, especially if you manage to combine it with a pirate massacre mission.

I'd like to push to rank 5 for the double reward but it's a lot of work and I know I'd get bored of maintaining it.
I did enough undermining for her to maintain rank 4 for the next 2 cycles, it was fun but to get rank 5 is over 300 ships.

My squadron are supporters of Aisling but they don't seem to mind me being a murderer for ALD. 👍🍻

i picked ALD for RP reasons and have stuck around because i found a Squadron to play with. bunch of good people and fun to fly with.

my attention span is pretty short and i would have left ALD to do something else if it weren't for the Squadron and PMF to support.

I've been involved in Powerplay only for Zachary Hudson. It the past it always felt it was the most PvP faction.. Empire and Mahon players seemed to hide in Solo, PG most of the time. I'm not sure what it is now as I've only started a bit of Powerplay recently.. again for ZH.

My current squadron - The Winged Hussars - is independent and anyone can pick any superpower they like.. but it's again a squadron of carebears.. Most of them seem to follow Empire.

Last edited:
Empire and Mahon players seemed to hide in Solo, PG most of the time.

Can't be true! We have it on good authority that a vast majority of Powerplayers want open only. We've seen posts saying how the Power "leaders" speak for the majority of the PP community and they all want Open Only PP. Surely you must be mistaken, Empire and Mahon players must all be in Open!

Can't be true! We have it on good authority that a vast majority of Powerplayers want open only. We've seen posts saying how the Power "leaders" speak for the majority of the PP community and they all want Open Only PP. Surely you must be mistaken, Empire and Mahon players must all be in Open!

Ah, here we go.

Ah, here we go.

Hey, its not me saying that a majority are hiding in solo nor me saying a vast majority supports open only. I just like pointing out the contradiction. Both statements can't be true.

Remember, our side is good, we are all in Open. Its the other side that is bad, they are all hiding in Solo!

That's the mantra!

Maybe the reality is that a majority are in open, they just aren't seeing each other due to the vagaries of ED's matchmaking.

Hey, its not me saying that a majority are hiding in solo nor me saying a vast majority supports open only. I just like pointing out the contradiction. Both statements can't be true.

Remember, our side is good, we are all in Open. Its the other side that is bad, they are all hiding in Solo!

That's the mantra!

Maybe the reality is that a majority are in open, they just aren't seeing each other due to the vagaries of ED's matchmaking.

The operative words being 'hide'. If this is the case, its it a wonder that the largest power by far can support that size because its fortification is reliable and efficient since its never really subject to NPC or player threats (making it slower to the point of vulnerability?)

Or, that (fixed with Sandros purposed changes) areas of activity are cut down considerably, and uncapped UM produces places powers have to be?

Last edited:
The operative words being 'hide'. If this is the case, its it a wonder that the largest power by far can support that size because its fortification is reliable and efficient since its never really subject to NPC or player threats (making it slower to the point of vulnerability?)

Not sure how that relates to what i'm saying. I'm just saying that people are making contradictory claims. Some say others are hiding in solo while others claim they are all in open.

Perhaps one day i will hear a consistent message from powerplayers.

Or, that (fixed with Sandros purposed changes) areas of activity are cut down considerably, and uncapped UM produces places powers have to be?

My comment more pertains to my own experiences in Open, since i'm flying all over alliance space in Open and not seeing another player (except friends). No powerplayers, either Mahon players or those opposing them. Nor random people just flying about doing their own things, not related to powerplay. Its been weeks since i saw a random player.

I'm wondering if its a matchmaking issue, or people are just so really spread out, powerplay or non-powerplay.

Not sure how that relates to what i'm saying. I'm just saying that people are making contradictory claims. Some say others are hiding in solo while others claim they are all in open.

Perhaps one day i will hear a consistent message from powerplayers.

Its not contradictory at all. It just demonstrates that without disruption Powerplay favour defence, which allows giant static blocs with no chance of breaking them up. This transcends any mode specific message because its this which is killing the feature. Open done correctly would be one way of achieving that in a way that does not require wholesale change.

My comment more pertains to my own experiences in Open, since i'm flying all over alliance space in Open and not seeing another player (except friends). No powerplayers, either Mahon players or those opposing them. Nor random people just flying about doing their own things, not related to powerplay. Its been weeks since i saw a random player.

I'm wondering if its a matchmaking issue, or people are just so really spread out, powerplay or non-powerplay.

Powerplay now is diffuse, certainly. Thats why Sandro thought of condensing it down to places that can't be avoided. 1000 players across the bubble is not going to be 'busy', is it? But, if 100 are focussed on one system then the chances increase a lot.

Its not contradictory at all. It just demonstrates that without disruption Powerplay favour defence, which allows giant static blocs with no chance of breaking them up. This transcends any mode specific message because its this which is killing the feature. Open done correctly would be one way of achieving that in a way that does not require wholesale change.

Powerplay now is diffuse, certainly. Thats why Sandro thought of condensing it down to places that can't be avoided. 1000 players across the bubble is not going to be 'busy', is it? But, if 100 are focussed on one system then the chances increase a lot.

You're skirting around the point i'm making and igoniring what statements have been made. It doesn't matter what Sando said in relation to what i'm saying or what you want.

I'm talking about the situation as it is now.

Either a vast majority of PPers want open only (as stated by yourself and other PP "leaders") and therefore are flying in open already, because, if not, they are hypocritical as gankers going into solo when they want to avoid danger.
OR whole groups are hiding in away in solo as it seems to be stated by many PPers when talking about their opponents.

Which is it? It cannot be both.

You're skirting around the point i'm making and igoniring what statements have been made. It doesn't matter what Sando said in relation to what i'm saying or what you want.

I'm talking about the situation as it is now.

Either a vast majority of PPers want open only (as stated by yourself and other PP "leaders") and therefore are flying in open already, because, if not, they are hypocritical as gankers going into solo when they want to avoid danger.
OR whole groups are hiding in away in solo as it seems to be stated by many PPers when talking about their opponents.

Which is it? It cannot be both.

The situation now is you have modes that allow easy and safe ways to defend (along with features like consolidation), with a game area thats too far apart. It does not matter what people think in the end, because its this that has to change.

I've been involved in Powerplay only for Zachary Hudson. It the past it always felt it was the most PvP faction.. Empire and Mahon players seemed to hide in Solo, PG most of the time. I'm not sure what it is now as I've only started a bit of Powerplay recently.. again for ZH.

My current squadron - The Winged Hussars - is independent and anyone can pick any superpower they like.. but it's again a squadron of carebears.. Most of them seem to follow Empire.
the Empire Squadron i'm in is Open only with the exception of some mat grinding. of course, i'm on Xbox, so never see our PS or PC compatriots.

Top Bottom