Why do people wait until a community goal, to be oles?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
So I suppose, according to you, any kind of role playing or "reasons" a ganker comes up with is just a joke to you. Even though some of these guys are trying to come up with a legit reason since so many of you complain that we kill for know reason, then you laugh when we come up with a reason.

Yes, because in 99% of the cases those are not reasons, but excuses to gang up and kill players who stand no chance. The so called "ghost of the ruins" should be bound there forever, no? The so called "mass murderer" should avoid docking at the stations he's wanted at. The so called "we are against the [CG reason]" should not switch to the opposing CG as soon as the first one is over.

And yet.

So yes, I laugh at those players and then I block them. It actually brought some salty tears a few times into my Twitch chat after I've been stream sniped. Taste great especially with a side appetiser of channel ban.

Oh, BTW the very same "role players" are very good at one thing: role playing a Brave Sir Robin as soon as a wing of actual PVP-ers show up and want to have some actual PVP. I'll give them that. Great role play, very convincing.

You don't see me sitting here laughing at the way you play the game.

Feel free, I honestly couldn't care less. ¯\(ツ)

So I suppose, according to you, any kind of role playing or "reasons" a ganker comes up with is just a joke to you. Even though some of these guys are trying to come up with a legit reason since so many of you complain that we kill for know reason, then you laugh when we come up with a reason.

You don't see me sitting here laughing at the way you play the game.

If you have to try to come up with a reason you didn't have a reason. I don't care either way but let's not kittyfoot around it, Sir.

Yes, because in 99% of the cases those are not reasons, but excuses to gang up and kill players who stand no chance. The so called "ghost of the ruins" should be bound there forever, no? The so called "mass murderer" should avoid docking at the stations he's wanted at. The so called "we are against the [CG reason]" should not switch to the opposing CG as soon as the first one is over.

And yet.

So yes, I laugh at those players and then I block them. It actually brought some salty tears a few times into my Twitch chat after I've been stream sniped. Taste great especially with a side appetiser of channel ban.

Oh, BTW the very same "role players" are very good at one thing: role playing a Brave Sir Robin as soon as a wing of actual PVP-ers show up and want to have some actual PVP. I'll give them that. Great role play, very convincing.

Feel free, I honestly couldn't care less. ¯\(ツ)
I can understand blocking someone for stream sniping.

That's still a bit unfair. For as long as I can remember you guys have been complaining that we just kill you for no reason, then a few of us understand your frustration and come up with reasons, some legit, some not and you say it's not good enough.
We don't have to come up with a reason at all, we could just continue killing everyone mercilessly with no reason other than to watch you blow up.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I can understand blocking someone for stream sniping.

That's still a bit unfair. For as long as I can remember you guys have been complaining that we just kill you for no reason, then a few of us understand your frustration and come up with reasons, some legit, some not and you say it's not good enough.
We don't have to come up with a reason at all, we could just continue killing everyone mercilessly with no reason other than to watch you blow up.

I don't really complain about that stuff. I play in Open 99% of the cases and I accept I will get ganked every now and then, especially in hot systems.

But again, most cases it seems to be excuses rather than reasons. At least from what I can gather after speaking to whoever destroyed me - and I always try to friend them and talk to them to see why they ganked me. If I feel it's a valid reason, I don't block them. Even if I feel it's just a cheap excuse I still don't block. That only happens when I get ganked by the same people again.

Recent example - got ganked in Cemiess by Aisling Duval aligned players when ferrying people from the burning station. They were apparently "role playing", but couldn't really say what or how. Clearly that was an excuse, not a reason. I consider myself smart enough to be able to differentia between the two.

I also note you keep saying "come up" (with a reason). See, if you were role playing, you wouldn't have to "come up" with a reason. Your reason would be a natural part of role playing the character.

Although I kind of enjoy just being a galactic villain.

Now that's a reason in my eyes. It has in-game context. Good enough for me.

There is also a matter of ganking vs griefing though. While I accept and tolerate the former, I have zero tolerance policy towards the latter. Griefers get a block straight away from me, no questions asked.

Last edited:
if it's not communicated in any way to me, it is functionally the same as no reason.

Such communication would undermine many credible rationales and an exposé is often out-of-character behavior in and of itself.

Far easier, and more immersive, to assume there is a reason, than to demand further suspension of disbelief and and expect one's enemies to justify their actions to your satisfaction...especially if you insist the setting adhere to your particular standards.

I don't quite understand how you didn't know this was going to happen? Did you not see @Sir Ganksalot rub his hands together with glee and do that special happy dance when the CG's were announced? This is what gankers like him live for. Like others have said, if you don't like it do the CG in solo. There's no shame attached if you do. Well, no one will actually know if you've done it that way apart from you.
we be trackin dont worry

I'm only coming up with reasons because you guys want me to. Although I kind of enjoy just being a galactic villain.
I don't care either, I'll just kill you either way, just thought I'd give a bit more thought to it.

People don't want you to make up reasons, people want interesting, engaging and immersive gameplay with like-minded adults. And you and your fellow gankers simply cannot provide it. I don't mean to offend you, it is just an obvious fact. You're scrambling to find a poorly fitting suit just to get into the debate class and pss into the punch bowl; you clearly don't understand what any of it is about and nobody is fooled by your clumsy attempts to pretend otherwise. It is better to cut the nonsense out and just burst in yelling:"I want to pee in the bowl!". That way the others can politely say:"Sir, you are making a scene, please leave the premise.". Maybe if you are quick you can get some drops in. Calling that a victory is the best you can aim for at this point, really.

Top Bottom