Why doesn't Frontier publish Elite Dangerous Comics?

ED has dozens of interesting characters in the galaxy. The most popular ones are the movers and shakers in Powerplay. Yet we only have 1 portrait per Powerplay leader. Most are faceless individuals in GalNet news. There are thousands of people who would love to know more about their favorite ED characters and see official artwork.

There are some fan-made comics which were well received such as Mercenary Commander and Fangs. Blizzard published books and comics for all their video game franchises.

Frontier should publish a few comics based on ED to expand the lore and as fan service. Surely lots of people would buy it.

Last edited:
I'd love to be able to buy some form of comics (err, graphic novels...) based on Elite.

Would also love to be able to buy models (particularly if die-cast) but I doubt that'll ever be a thing given 3-d printing these days.

Deleted member 38366

D
I guess that Artist left the company and now they're stuck with a single Image per character.

Difficult to create a comic with only a single image per character ;)

ED has dozens of interesting characters in the galaxy. The most popular ones are the movers and shakers in Powerplay. Yet we only have 1 portrait per Powerplay leader. Most are faceless individuals in GalNet news. There are thousands of people who would love to know more about their favorite ED characters and see official artwork.

There are some fan-made comics which were well received such as Mercenary Commander and Fangs. Blizzard published books and comics for all their video game franchises.

Frontier should publish a few comics based on ED to expand the lore and as fan service. Surely lots of people would buy it.
Dev Manager: <Angry Grimace> "That Cosmo is coming up with great ideas again !" <Slam! Bangs fist on desk> "If only I hadn't set my 100 devs on that next update !"

Same reason Square doesn't do movies anymore. It's not as easy as it looks - diving into another business segment, one that you have zero experience in. And especially for something that is as niche and low profit as comics.

Top Bottom