Why Frontier? we deserve an explanation

Hi Frontier, we want to understand, so please, please explain us why this common sense features and obiously the most demanded by our community are not present in this SECUEL.

Decoration: Why we don't have fountais, waterfalls , statues, gates, skeletons, etc? you knew the lack of decorative elements was a big mistake in the first game so, why did you repeat the same mistake? Seriously, i can't understand... this elements are even present in the films and we don't have it. For God's sake! we only have 2 colors for the paths when the first evolution had more? Why?

Terrain options: no cave nests, no deep waters, no free terrain colours, and the lack of decorative trees even when we had them in the first one. Why?

Guest: guest are simple animations in this game, they dont really "see" the dinosaurs, everyone was asking for a limited radius sight for the guests to see trough fences, more ways to travel like bridges or tunnels, and you knew we wanted guest who acted more like real people watching dinosaurs. Why do we have the same boring guest mechanic as in the first game?

New attractions: we have seen in the films, the river cruise, an area to interact with small dinosaurs, etc. Why we only have the same atractions and no new ones to add variety?

CUSTOM GAME: For me at least, this is criminal. Every other tycoon game have a custom game with different maps which allows you to unlock and research all elements of the game to create the best park from the scratch. Even the first game had this mode in the "real challenge mode". Why you decided to erase the most important game mode from the tycoon games in yours?

You know there are a lot of things to improve, like the lack of venom in the dilo, the compis not being able to hunt in pack, glass for the walls of the lagoons, etc. But i think the ones explained above are the minimum. I don't understand Frontier, i really don't understand... its like if you wanted to maintain the mistakes of the first one and decided to remove the good things. Please, don't add more dino DLCs, we have enough dinos in this game. instead, please, please focus on making the best tycoon game you've ever made. Your dino lovers deserve it.

Attachments

• 1642427216641.png
    1642427216641.png
    312 bytes · Views: 39
It's not that I want to defend Frontier, I really also feel that everything you propose in this thread is missing and I want them to be integrated as soon as possible. I also agree that we have too many animals that in total are 88, we need more things that improve the gameplay. I insist I do not want to defend Frontier but the only thing that "can" justify the state of this game at launch and now is because of time, we as a community our role is to be patient when it comes to updates and insist Frontier to improve the play.

Last edited:
Please, don't add more dino DLCs, we have enough dinos in this game.
This is how Frontier gets revenue. They're not gonna make DLC if there's no animals because ultimately that's what makes the zoo game experience.
And from the core gameplay loop, this is the intended emphasis. Guests are just a background element that exist as a driver to resurrect the extinct species. This is way more a dinosaur babysitting game than a formal park management game.

This is how Frontier gets revenue. They're not gonna make DLC if there's no animals because ultimately that's what makes the zoo game experience.
And from the core gameplay loop, this is the intended emphasis. Guests are just a background element that exist as a driver to resurrect the extinct species. This is way more a dinosaur babysitting game than a formal park management game.
I know... this is true and sad at the same time. But i want to think Frontier is going to fix and add those kind of things into the game because everyone of us are claiming it in the forums. They should know that if they don't listen the community, players are not going to pay for stupid PDLC's

Because this game its a copy paste,seriously, do you think they are interested to do the game well? it has some better things than the previous game, but for a sequel it's just a patch, easy money

Tbh I kinda wish it was more of a copy paste because if it really was one then at least we'd have placeable trees and a real challenge mode that adds some replayability to the game. As it is I haven't touched the game in over a month because there's nothing left for me to do. I'm not interested in restricted gameplay modes and certainly not into boring everything is there from the beginning sandbox. So yeah, no more dlc money from me until something happens here.

Certain things I can see as included in free updates, things like placeable trees and maybe more decorations. Content like new dinosaurs would be paid dlc.

Last edited:
I understand the frustration. I've never been a big fan of frontier because I dont like how they handled the first game, and although they did add some things that I like, this game is just a copy and paste of the first with a full price tag put on it. No massive additions to make it worthwhile like new unique attractions, or the fact that we STILL have the same garbage terrain tools that dont let you make creative enclosures and only let you make a hill here and there. No options to create running rivers, waterfalls, adjusting the depth of lakes, etc. Although Im glad they finally addressed the animation issues of the dinos barely having any, it's still pretty minimum once you spend a few minutes following a dino in an enclosure imo. Decoration options for your park are a joke, no customization options for lagoons, such as creating different biomes from the ocean, aquatic reptiles have no animations other than swim and eat.

I can go on forever with everything that is lacking in this game. I hope frontier at least address some of these problems, because lets be real here, they're not gonna fix everything. Their main focus will be releasing dino pack dlcs to rake in more money. They'll probably pull the same shady move they did in the first game by putting some of these features behind paid dlc. You know, like the park tour ride from the first game with Claire's sanctuary? I'll never get over how scummy that was. I'll leave this last bit here though so this post isn't too negative. I do have to appreciate them giving us different biomes other than the tropical islands. That was a massive step in the right direction for what a sequel needed. I gotta say Im loving my Jurassic Oasis park I've built in the desert.

Frontier listen, the community it's a little upset with you for all this things the game lacks (and obiously should had). You knew what we wanted and we are not going to pay for DLC's if we don't have replayability options, deeper mechanics, better tools or decoration wich motives us to re-build new parks with new dlcs dinos.

Top Bottom