why?! frontier?!

Well I've taken my first mission and soaking in the excitement of the 15 minute taxi ride to the location!!!!
153kLs local system journey and the taxi driver ain't exactly rushing.
Not exactly riveting gameplay.
can you twiddle your fingers at last?

Well I've taken my first mission and soaking in the excitement of the 15 minute taxi ride to the location!!!!

PS don't try to get more money out of the mission givers. Four attempts and four go aways.
What's displayed on the screen during this time? I only logged in to have a quick look before RL came around and slapped me.

WHY DONT WE START WITH SHIPS FRONTIER? JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE SPACE LEGS DOESNT MEAN WE DONT WANT SHIPS!
53ls4c.jpg

Might be a good idea to pop that chill pill and actually read what the developers are saying before you pop a vein in your forehead.

PS don't try to get more money out of the mission givers. Four attempts and four go aways.
Well, there's your incentive to save up for a Sidewinder of your own.

We all know that the majority of the people logging into the alpha are not there to test...they just want to be the 1st to see shiny shiny...then play the forum alpha salt game.
Wondering if I should start a salt post on how dreadful it is using a HOTAS to control elite feet :D
You tweak your loadout whilst travelling, and read the news.

Well its an alpha test, so no news and we start with no equipment, but you get the idea !!!!

Cheers
Simon

Funny reading this thread. I don't know much about this alpha, I'm not involved with it, though I am awaiting the release of the xpac. I will tell you what the glaring problem is, though.

The developers talked about ship interiors and how the game was designed for them to be added in a you tube video that was made 8 years ago! I guess that was a fail, huh? And if they can't deliver on something that is much more simple than what they are trying now, it's not looking too good now, is it? Not a good track record.

They also released a you tube video showing this promised expansion that looked absolutely spectacular, with gameplay scenes that looked so.....finished.

I have never understood the gaming industry's philosophy of hyping the hell out of something before they even have half of it finished. Before they even know if it will work or the whole thing will crash and burn. No other industry does this. It would be the same thing as Chevrolet hyping the Corvette in the 1930's and making everyone want one and drool over it, but not telling people we would have to go through 2 more decades and a world war before we finally got one and there would be many who would never live to see it happen.

I can tell you, a few people have probably died in the 8 years since they promised ship interiors.....

Top Bottom