Why Guardians Are Dumb And Not Cool

You know how Thargoids are still alive, and also really attractive? Guess what: the Guardians are NOT still alive. Which means they probably combat-logged. And that's bad.

Just saying, guardian-lovers.
Their technology outmatched ours. Be afraid. Very afraid.

Maybe RELSPI is just trolling us all, or maybe he is onto something....

Where am I doing with this and what do I mean? Well before we even invented proper computational machinery, Isaac Asimov suggested "rules of robotics" which would prevent any future intelligent machines from killing us, Meanwhile over in the Synuefe sector, the guardians, masters of technology, gave their AI access to launch all their weapons of mass destruction. And guess what, their AI went skynet and killed them all, thus proving Darwin's theory correct, "survival of the fittest smartest".

Deleted member 38366

D
If Guardians are extinct, it's probably due to them having puzzled themselves to death.

I can vividly imagine them touring the outsides of their last and final survival Installation :

(Guardian Alpha) Dear entities, I proudly present to you the result of our hard work : THE Installation.
Notice the dense Alloys and subtle coloring, combining our finest Traditions into a long-lasting habitat that'll provide protection from our enemies for eons of time to come!

(Question from the Crowd) "How do we get inside?"

(Guardian Alpha) Oh that's easy. Just take a trusted Class 8 Decrypta, use a Class 1 Quantum Pulsar Emitter to energize all Pylons in the right sequence, then the Installation will transmit a traditional Crypta8 Riddle to your Decrypta. Place the Solution into the Segmenta and the Installation will deactivate its defenses and open the gate.

(Question from the Crowd) "Oh... did anyone care to bring all that equipment for the tour?"

...eerie silence sets in...

(Guardian Alpha) Oops... uhm.... No reason to panic, let me setup a Distress Beacon real quick... Anyone here having a Class 1 Quantum Pulsar Emitter or knows one nearby? Anyone?

T + 1 Million years : humans discover an extinct species that left behind nothing but unused Survival Installations, for reasons entirely unknown. Scientists puzzled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe RELSPI is just trolling us all, or maybe he is onto something....

Where am I doing with this and what do I mean? Well before we even invented proper computational machinery, Isaac Asimov suggested "rules of robotics" which would prevent any future intelligent machines from killing us, Meanwhile over in the Synuefe sector, the guardians, masters of technology, gave their AI access to launch all their weapons of mass destruction. And guess what, their AI went skynet and killed them all, thus proving Darwin's theory correct, "survival of the fittest smartest".

What is it with me and assuming I'm a guy? Am I that bad?

I'd agree with the possibility of them still being around. If a whole bunch of self repairing and replicating terminators (assuming there's no lore for how they'd still be going after a million years without maintenance) were unleashed and I was capable of galactic travel, I'd be in the group ignoring the survival bunkers and heading straight for somewhere near Beagle Point to get as far away as possible.

Sorry RELPSI, your avatar and forum name are totally androgynous, I got absolutely no clues from them, so Presumed like the majority of players of this game you were a guy. However, having looked at your avatar again, which I first thought was an orange stellar phenomena, I'm now guessing its a close up of the centre of a flower in whcih case I'd deduce you were female. I apologise for missing that clue, but I'm currently rocking an eyepatch, and have that eye dowsed in medicated ointment due to a corneal abrasion a month ago. The result is its wreaking havoc on my vision, to see detail I have to blink the injured eye, and doing that all the time gets tiresome, and I can read the forum text without having to wink the injured eye, so the detail in your avatar was lost.

TL;DR - @RELPSI - my bad for getting your gender wrong - sorry

Sorry RELPSI, your avatar and forum name are totally androgynous, I got absolutely no clues from them, so Presumed like the majority of players of this game you were a guy. However, having looked at your avatar again, which I first thought was an orange stellar phenomena, I'm now guessing its a close up of the centre of a flower in whcih case I'd deduce you were female. I apologise for missing that clue, but I'm currently rocking an eyepatch, and have that eye dowsed in medicated ointment due to a corneal abrasion a month ago. The result is its wreaking havoc on my vision, to see detail I have to blink the injured eye, and doing that all the time gets tiresome, and I can read the forum text without having to wink the injured eye, so the detail in your avatar was lost.

TL;DR - @RELPSI - my bad for getting your gender wrong - sorry
oof I wasn't actually mad, sorry

I'd agree with the possibility of them still being around. If a whole bunch of self repairing and replicating terminators (assuming there's no lore for how they'd still be going after a million years without maintenance) were unleashed and I was capable of galactic travel, I'd be in the group ignoring the survival bunkers and heading straight for somewhere near Beagle Point to get as far away as possible.
That's one possible scenario. Oresrians should pass the bubble and Klaxians should come after them. Imagine us discovering the Guardian AI and being caught in the crossfire. If you get to Beagle Point first, keep a medium pad free for me.

Speaking of silly threads, has a discussion yet been posted on the subject of whether or not Guardians and Thargoids interbred, and if so, what were the parties like?

The Thargoids were open to it but the Guardians were too evil.

Top Bottom