Why have a profanity filter option if you're gonna ban people for swear words?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Awesome!! :)

So the ganker got ganked and now he's crying on the forums. Karma?

Every action has a reaction. Some need to learn it hard way it seems.

The world is such a beautiful place!!! :)
You've gotta problem homie.

I didn't get ganked, he attempted to gank me and the call me a coward because I ran and wouldn't fight him in my stripped down orca.
Also the dude I'm talking about is FAR worse than I am and would probably make you cry, so sure, if you wanna root for him go ahead.

Also, I'm definitely not crying about, just questioning the point of the profanity filter.

For being such a white knight, you have quite a nasty attitude.

Last edited:
Then why have the profanity filter?
If they're just gonna ban players for using swear words in chat then just remove the filter and censor all swear words.

The filter attempts to provide a baseline of what is acceptable and what isn't. Don't forget, what you may consider a harmless word or statement might be highly offensive to someone in a different country or from a different culture.

For example, I am from Australia, if I was going to be AFK from the game I could say "Be right back, going for a ". Now most Australians from my era would instantly understand I am going for a cigarette, but someone from another country could misinterpret that statement as something entirely different and be offended.

I know a lot of you would love to believe this but truth is,

There is another ganker that I don't get along with and have history with. He attempted to gank me in my orca as I was coming into Shinrarta but do to the orcas amazing speed I just boosted away from him every time he pulled me. Once I got back to Jameson he sent me a message calling me a coward and I replied "lol (lady part)"

Btw, where are now all your statements about ganking being part of the game we should all deal with or fly SOLO????

Your actual ban seem to prove you weren't using this logic of yours when got ganked yourself. You didn't like being ganked and used a foul language to express that? Oh my. Poor you. :p

You-alike people are so typical and so easy to foresee.

Btw, where are now all your statements about ganking being part of the game we should all deal with or fly SOLO????

Your actual ban seem to prove you weren't using this logic of yours when got ganked yourself. You didn't like being ganked and used a foul language to express that? Oh my. Poor you. :p

He didn't get ganked. He literally only got banned because he survived ganking and responded to a personal jab.

Sometimes it's not what you say but it's how you say it. Just suck it up and take the L.
I am. Like I said I'm just waiting it out. The whole point of this thread though is, what is the point of a profanity filter if they're gonna allow players that turn it off to report people for profane language?

If I'm gonna get banned for using a swear word just remove the filter so that all swear words get censored.

I'd rather my swear words be censored than get banned.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Sorry, I was trying to figure out how to say the word without actually saying it.
I just edited it, is what I put acceptable?

It's better than what was there.

With regard to the profanity filter, the following extract from the Code of Conduct applies:

Frontier Code of Conduct said:
DISCRIMINATION & LANGUAGE
Do not discriminate against others. Being abusive, or promoting abuse, towards other players based on race, ethnicity, nationality, sex or gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other criteria that offends other users will not be tolerated

Do not use explicit, harmful or sexual language. This includes the use of misspelt or punctuated words to insinuate, represent any of the above - also known as "masked swearing". Where Frontier may employ a profanity filter to communications in certain cases, this function does not remove the responsibility of an individual to adhere to the rules of this code of conduct.

https://www.frontierstore.net/code-of-conduct

House rules are house rules. You dont stick with the rules - you bear the consequences.
But the rules aren't clear. That is what OP is upset over. I think. I mean, I'm not them.
Once again, I'd rather there not be a filter and have my language censored than have an optional filter and get banned by people that turn it off.

Regardless of what the rule is, turning off the profanity filter should forfeit your ability to report people for profane language.

Do not discriminate against others. Being abusive, or promoting abuse, towards other players based on race, ethnicity, nationality, sex or gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other criteria that offends other users will not be tolerated

Do not use explicit, harmful or sexual language. This includes the use of misspelt or punctuated words to insinuate, represent any of the above - also known as "masked swearing". Where Frontier may employ a profanity filter to communications in certain cases, this function does not remove the responsibility of an individual to adhere to the rules of this code of conduct.

Quoted straight from the code of conduct. Leaves no questions open, imo.

You've gotta problem homie.

I didn't get ganked, he attempted to gank me and the call me a coward because I ran and wouldn't fight him in my stripped down orca.
Also the dude I'm talking about is FAR worse than I am and would probably make you cry, so sure, if you wanna root for him go ahead.

Of course I have a problem. With your actions in-game affecting other people!

And here's always a bigger fish in the tank, isn't it?

Now. Let me be deadly serious now as this is the only time you'll hear it from me:

I've been fighting your type for a few years in some other areas of the internet. I have mastered ways of dealing with the issues you're causing. During those years many smart people helped me to form a set of tools required for the fight. I'm good at it and I'm enjoying it.

You got on my list 2 days ago. No more I can tell you here.

But be advised, every day is a fine occassion for you to change your ways. Your actions has it's consequences. It's just you haven't faced them yet.

Scratch that last one. With you being temporarily banned from the game, you only starting to feel the consequences.

And this post is not a warning nor any kind of threat. We are all playing video games here, right?

If you wanna win the game you need to learn it's rules. Your ban proves you have no idea how to continue what you're doing without being spoted. This basically means you're a danger to yourself.

Every action has a reaction my friend. I'm your reaction.

What is wrong with you? You are obviously not reading anything I've said. I didn't get ganked because I know how to handle myself in open. And I called the ganker a "lady part" after he called me a coward for not letting him gank me.

You are really making yourself look silly here.

Quoted straight from the code of conduct. Leaves no questions open, imo.
Thanks for posting it twice I guess.

Still doesn't change the fact that having a profanity filter but then banning people for using profane language is wrong.

Just because it's a rule doesn't mean it's wrong.

What is wrong with you? You are obviously not reading anything I've said. I didn't get ganked because I know how to handle myself in open. And I called the ganker a "lady part" after he called me a coward for not letting him gank me.

You are really making yourself look silly here.

You made a thread to complain about being banned for using profanity in a game that has a profanity filter. Because another player ganked you. All while your name is literally "Sir Ganksalot".

Its not him that looks silly.

Of course I have a problem. With your actions in-game affecting other people!

And here's always a bigger fish in the tank, isn't it?

Now. Let me be deadly serious now as this is the only time you'll hear it from me:

I've been fighting your type for a few years in some other areas of the internet. I have mastered ways of dealing with the issues you're causing. During those years many smart people helped me to form a set of tools required for the fight. I'm good at it and I'm enjoying it.

You got on my list 2 days ago. No more I can tell you here.

But be advised, every day is a fine occassion for you to change your ways. Your actions has it's consequences. It's just you haven't faced them yet.

Scratch that last one. With you being temporarily banned from the game, you only starting to feel the consequences.

And this post is not a warning nor any kind of threat. We are all playing video games here, right?

If you wanna win the game you need to learn it's rules. Your ban proves you have no idea how to continue what you're doing without being spoted. This basically means you're a danger to yourself.

Every action has a reaction my friend. I'm your reaction.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ok 👍 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If it was my kid you are playing with and you are using Foul Langauge I would have reported you also. It's your mouth your fault. See you don't know the age of the person you are playing with. Even if the game rated 13. It also depends on if it was racial or not.

So have a nice vacation from Elite Dangerous.

Oh, when I am in combat with someone else. I have my Mic Muted. So I can cuss as much as I want. Without having someone go, Hay, he said blank blank blank.

Really? You let your kid play a game with murder, slavery, drugs, smuggling and everything and that is all perfectly fine, but someone saying a Naughty Word is a Big Whoopsie for you?

You made a thread to complain about being banned for using profanity in a game that has a profanity filter. Because another player ganked you. All while your name is literally "Sir Ganksalot".

Its not him that looks silly.
How many times do I have to say I didn't get ganked?
And I'm not complaining about the ban, I'm questioning the profanity filter.

Are you guys being serious or are you just messing with me?

Well, you can throw a tantrum, but is not gonna make the house rule go away. I suggest dealing with it.
How is questioning the profanity filter, "throwing a tantrum"?

Fun story, the optional profanity filter was implemented because people discussed it on this forum so......

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom