Why have a profanity filter option if you're gonna ban people for swear words?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Holy crap dude I have! It's been posted like 5 times.
Just because it's a rule doesn't make it right.
Also for the millionth time, TURNING THE FILTER OFF SHOULD FORFEIT YOUR RIGHT TO REPORT PEOPLE FOR LANGUAGE

No it makes it a RULE, which you need to adhere to or face the consequences.. If you think the servers are a democracy, you're very much mistaken.

No it makes it a RULE, which you need to adhere to or face the consequences.. If you think the servers are a democracy, you're very much mistaken.
Well no duh my guy.
This forum is also a place where we can discuss rules and sometimes get fdev to change them.

I hate to pull the 'muh free speech' card, but being unable to question and protest against the rules is an awful way to create a tolerant social environment, game or no. Even if the rules are perfect, it's the views of other people - no matter if you find them disagreeable - and the consensus taken of them which helps build towards an ideal society.

TL;DR: dictatorships are bad for a reason. Don't glorify a broken system.

Of course I have a problem. With your actions in-game affecting other people!

And here's always a bigger fish in the tank, isn't it?

Now. Let me be deadly serious now as this is the only time you'll hear it from me:

I've been fighting your type for a few years in some other areas of the internet. I have mastered ways of dealing with the issues you're causing. During those years many smart people helped me to form a set of tools required for the fight. I'm good at it and I'm enjoying it.

You got on my list 2 days ago. No more I can tell you here.

But be advised, every day is a fine occassion for you to change your ways. Your actions has it's consequences. It's just you haven't faced them yet.

Scratch that last one. With you being temporarily banned from the game, you only starting to feel the consequences.

And this post is not a warning nor any kind of threat. We are all playing video games here, right?

If you wanna win the game you need to learn it's rules. Your ban proves you have no idea how to continue what you're doing without being spoted. This basically means you're a danger to yourself.

Every action has a reaction my friend. I'm your reaction.
And to think I used to be a carebear. Never before have I seen such spiteful, nasty gloating such as this from even the worst ganker.

I hate to pull the 'muh free speech' card, but being unable to question and protest against the rules is an awful way to create a tolerant social environment, game or no. Even if the rules are perfect, it's the views of other people - no matter if you find them disagreeable - and the consensus taken of them which helps build towards an ideal society.

Since you are stepping out of the game environment, try your hypothesis about being able to freely question and protest against the rules next time you get pulled over by the police for speeding, I am sure they will enjoy the debate!

That's a very obscure use of the filter which doesn't apply to any other game in the world, to my knowledge.

In every game I've played that had a filter, it's there to hide swear words if some people don't like to see them, nothing more nothing less.

Yeah but the question was why it might be optional.

The answer is that it was made optional because people complained that it censored words unnecessarily.

Discuss them, sure. Ask for changes, sure. Is that what we are doing here? It feels more it started off as a gripe session rather than a legitimate open discussion about game policy (although I think the current policy is just fine).

And make no mistake, the game is run not by committee or popular vote (so its not any form of democracy). Its run in the form of a benevolent dictatorship that listens to the people, and then makes decisions based on what "they" think is best. Often against the wishes of the loud minority/most active members (for good or bad). FD owns everything, and makes their decisions based on what they think will keep the game going (even if those are not popular choices for some).

Dear FDev,

Please change your PEGI 7 game so I can use 18 rated language without consequences when the profanity filter is disabled.

Yours sincerely, I. B. Nutz.

:rolleyes:
Are you like, willfully misreading what I'm saying?

If anything, I'd like to have the profanity filter always on. What the point of having the option to turn it off if I'm just gonna get banned anyway? I'd rather have it always on and my language get censored.

You're really just grasping at straws aren't you?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom