Why Haven't you got a Fleet Carrier?

The main reason to buy one is because there's nothing else you can really do with billions of credits.

If don't already have the credits to waste, then whether or not it's worth grinding for it depends on your situation. But if you already have the credits, then what else are you going to sink them in to?

I don't do mining.
Neither do I.
I just don't feel like going back to the bubble to buy the damn thing. I do have the credits, also to pay for the maintenance for several years in advance, from exploration alone. I don't see why I should get one. :)

The main reason to buy one is because there's nothing else you can really do with billions of credits.

If don't already have the credits to waste, then whether or not it's worth grinding for it depends on your situation. But if you already have the credits, then what else are you going to sink them in to?

I'm not sinking my credits into anything, I don't even care about how much credits I have and certainly don't play to gain more.
I play to do the things I like, flying spaceships, that involves running missions, bountyhunting and my most favorite exploring.
Not for the credits but for the fun.
I'm running a lot of missions for the Dark Wheel at the moment, they don't earn much since I always choose the influence option as payment and I appreciate that reward more then credits.

Hi Folks :)

I see a plethora of Fleet Carriers in the game map, I was just wondering how many players don't have one yet, and why.
Just a random thought. 🤷‍♂️

Jack :)
Me.

Main reason I am waiting for all the teething troubles to get fixed before I commit to earning that many extra credits.

I didn't think I would have a use for one but I did like using one to get to places to explore in the beta.

I'm not sinking my credits into anything, I don't even care about how much credits I have and certainly don't play to gain more.
I play to do the things I like, flying spaceships, that involves running missions, bountyhunting and my most favorite exploring.
Not for the credits but for the fun.
I'm running a lot of missions for the Dark Wheel at the moment, they don't earn much since I always choose the influence option as payment and I appreciate that reward more then credits.

Well, in that case I applaud you for not causing the game to expend resources persisting a carrier that you aren't going to use.

But the real problem there is on FD's end, they need to figure out how to host these things without dragging down the game. They obviously launched FCs before they were ready for them.

Hi Folks :)

I see a plethora of Fleet Carriers in the game map, I was just wondering how many players don't have one yet, and why.
Just a random thought. 🤷‍♂️

Jack :)

Not enough money, my lifetime CR is around 1.5b.

I've never mined, and I find it quite immersion breaking to grind agronomic treatment 25k/cr routes that are all about flooding a market with 0 demand. Most of my gameplay is bgs-driven, so my trades are often in the 1k-2k cr/t range and my mission choices are limited to one faction on the mission board, so there isn't much mission stacking going.

Um, because they cost 5 bazillion credits?

In all seriousness, they do more than I would want and consequently are far too expensive. IfI could get a smaller one with space for just a few ships but no options for shipyards, outfitting, markets, etc and no upkeep then I would start trying to earn the credits for it immediately.

I want a car transporter, not a car company.

Last edited:
I own one.

1) makes life alot easier if you have a fleet. Logistically. Cheaper too..no fees to have a ship transferred.
2) parked off a hotspot or combat zone or haz res you farm easily. Repairs fuel ammo all within a minute or so of flight.
3) exploring saturation style every fc jump reveals tritium and other hotspots..just mine your jump usage 100 or so and never run short of fc fuel.
4) engineering a ship or 2 has never been easier. Need l say more.
5) wing use. Not everyone in the wing has one so for wing related bgs PP etc they are a god send.
6) having your own spacestation gives a huge shot of independence. Fuel scoops, A rated fsds in combat ships, thing of the past.
Instant customisation on tap, your own module storage, 25000 ton hold, Minings never been easier.
Before you slate a carrier. Ask yourself, do you need one? No..Ok. cool.
Yes...I do and 13000 others do. Gotta be something in it.
Finally trade. I'm not a trader but their are 1000s of carrier traders, tankers, wholesalers & rares stockists who use a fc to facilitate their endeavours.

o7

Last edited:
But the real problem there is on FD's end, they need to figure out how to host these things without dragging down the game. They obviously launched FCs before they were ready for them.

Oh I definitely agree with you on that.
Imho Fdev had no idea what effect the FCs were gonna have on the game, that's their shortcoming.
Personally I think that the FCs is the worst feature they could've come up with, especially in the way they function currently.
I could sum up all the aspects that I think are wrong but they've been mentioned over and over.
It's just my personal opinion, Fdev can do what they want, it's their prerogative, I don't have to like everything though, that's my prerogative.

No interest as they do nothing for my play style and I am super casual these days.

I don't have the money either for the purchase or the upkeep nor do I play enough to even get close.

My idea of compelling game play and FD's are completely different. Now if FD had allowed you to own/build your own base/station then I would have been interested. Of course FD would have some insane grind associated with it and again I would drop out due to lack of interest. I have to grind in RL, no interest in doing it in a game as well. Games are for fun.

To all those that bought them and it has enriched your game play, enjoy.

There are some reasons for me NOT to have a carrier:

1. no carrier-bridge (something like the CIC in Battlestar Galactica)
2. too expensive for casual players
3. upkeep
4. messed up carrier market

in this order

Top Bottom