Why I and many others will rarely play Elite

Ships. For the most part.

Whenever I play Elite, and happen to cross ways with another pilot, I they're flying a ship with engines and a hull and everything. "I mean, ok, you obviously want to fly your spacefaring ship and curbstomp the concept of distance, I get it. I hope you were able to pump up that little ego of yours. Now I go into real life, goodbye." :D

Yee, it's dumb, really.

No really, I am glad that there is real life. I just wanna chill and work at my job.
Tho sometimes I get the urge to step into Elite with the hope to find some realistic guys to play with. Even though it sometimes tends to end like described above.

Not sure, why I write this, maybe I don't want real life ever to be deleted and I hope it never will be.

Last time I tried playing Elite, I logged in on three different occasions, and saw a spaceship all three times. Makes for some rather boring gameplay IMO, and detracts from what I want to do. So no more Elite for me. If I want to see an occasional spaceship, I'll search 'NASA SPACESHIP COOL' on Google images (which I do).
So you want to play a Space game, but don't want to see Spaceships? Or you want to see more Spaceships? orrr.........???

So you want to play a Space game, but don't want to see Spaceships? Or you want to see more Spaceships? orrr.........???
My reason to mostly not play Elite is, that I don't want to meet the spaceship player type, because they have an attitude not compatible with mine - simple as that. But then there is my desire to be as well able to play in ELITE - but this would mean, i would have to accept to be basically in space once in a while - so it rarely happens that I play in ELITE. I haven't been inside of a spaceship yet and maybe I could escape the situation - but at best it would add nothing to the enjoyment of the game and in the worst case, it would just make me avoid ELITE again. I have no desire to fly to other planets or shoot laser guns- and even less to see a space ship or watching a rocket thruster fire - so why play ELITE?

so, me want just chill and work at my job as well. i never think about flying space ships, rarely think about elite - and if i do, the forums happens. Why others and many of me will rarely play Elite is down to these forums, we think. Who would ever think about hyperjump, if you can read such a post line by line, word by word.

Exactly, why do you play iot of it's isn't your kind of game?
Even more to the point, why come to the forums to announce it isn't your type of game?
Nice attempt to twist my words to suit.. I said I logged off Elite, not that I never ever went to space. Did you miss that I google spaceships? The moon is a great stop off while Exploring. I've also been enjoying SpaceX, mostly for the CEO..

Ships. For the most part.

Whenever I play Elite, and happen to cross ways with another pilot, I they're flying a ship with engines and a hull and everything. "I mean, ok, you obviously want to fly your spacefaring ship and curbstomp the concept of distance, I get it. I hope you were able to pump up that little ego of yours. Now I go into real life, goodbye." :D

Yee, it's dumb, really.

No really, I am glad that there is real life. I just wanna chill and work at my job.
Tho sometimes I get the urge to step into Elite with the hope to find some realistic guys to play with. Even though it sometimes tends to end like described above.

Not sure, why I write this, maybe I don't want real life ever to be deleted and I hope it never will be.
So you're saying there is still a chance you will play Elite.

Give up on realistic guys and grab yourself a Thargoid on the 19th May.

I wouldnt make up my mind about reality till all the data is in: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-we-live-in-a-simulation-chances-are-about-50-50/

The reason i dont play elite any more often than i do is grind and the lack of balance that engineers inflicted on the game.

And grind is the reason i dont buy anything from the frontier store, and i would ask others to join me. If FD arent making money in the store, they would have to develop actual content and sell it to make the game profitable.
If frontier isnt making money in the store, they might back down on the grind, since the grind is there to keep people in the game longer so they have a higher chance of buying something.

Before elite became this insane engineers grind, you could actually play the game, align with a squadron or power and work to their interests, trade your way up up to an anaconda (before you could get one in days) or what ever you wanted to fly.

The engineers imo is the biggest impediment to gameplay.

My reason to mostly not play Elite is, that I don't want to meet the spaceship player type, because they have an attitude not compatible with mine - simple as that. But then there is my desire to be as well able to play in ELITE - but this would mean, i would have to accept to be basically in space once in a while - so it rarely happens that I play in ELITE. I haven't been inside of a spaceship yet and maybe I could escape the situation - but at best it would add nothing to the enjoyment of the game and in the worst case, it would just make me avoid ELITE again. I have no desire to fly to other planets or shoot laser guns- and even less to see a space ship or watching a rocket thruster fire - so why play ELITE?
Luckily soon you can encounter players on feet. Ain't that amazing?

Top Bottom