Why I and many others will rarely play Elite

Luckily soon you can encounter players on feet. Ain't that amazing?

Amazing in every aspect! Fiery wrath from above, best in VR. I recommend Packhounds, but mines do very well, even dumbfire missiles fired from an Eagle by a skilled player I hear. All the different styles, including drone warfare, most peacefully assembled here. Uh, what I didn't try was commanding my SLF ace(s) to target an individual adversary, and I completely missed out on the SRV. The last Alpha phase was just too short, but the Prism Sidey is clearly something to be reckoned with in this dawning era of AG combat! 🍻

But didn't they promise Bloodthirsty Spacefaring Camels some moons ago? Andromedaries? GalNet never lies, therefore it's official. So, where are they?

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Isn't satire supposed to be funny though?

You can see why people were confused.

Satire is often "funny" but it's not an absolute requirement - satire is a form of ridicule first and foremost, while also being a form of wit. Although of course what one finds witty or funny is subjective. Orwell's "Animal Farm", for example, is yer school textbook introduction to satire, but it's not exactly slap-your-sides "funny".

So the total lack of humour in the OP doesn't technically prevent it from being satirical, in the same way that a five ton anvil isn't technically prevented from being a doorstop.

It's like puckering and salivating when you squeeze lemons, imagining how deliciously sour they are.
Only you don't actually have any lemons, just this tin of weird artificially flavored powdered mix in the pantry collecting dust.
What were we talking about again?

Last time I tried playing Elite, I logged in on three different occasions, and saw a spaceship all three times. Makes for some rather boring gameplay IMO, and detracts from what I want to do. So no more Elite for me. If I want to see an occasional spaceship, I'll search 'NASA SPACESHIP COOL' on Google images (which I do).
Whenever I see another ship I shut my eyes. Sometimes I forget but it does reduce the quantity overall.

Ships. For the most part.

Whenever I play Elite, and happen to cross ways with another pilot, I they're flying a ship with engines and a hull and everything. "I mean, ok, you obviously want to fly your spacefaring ship and curbstomp the concept of distance, I get it. I hope you were able to pump up that little ego of yours. Now I go into real life, goodbye." :D

Yee, it's dumb, really.

No really, I am glad that there is real life. I just wanna chill and work at my job.
Tho sometimes I get the urge to step into Elite with the hope to find some realistic guys to play with. Even though it sometimes tends to end like described above.

Not sure, why I write this, maybe I don't want real life ever to be deleted and I hope it never will be.
This is art.

6zLNq_iuaYD6c6XQxVo47jjkEoAkail4WCMQeoFg0Fg.png

Ships. For the most part.

Whenever I play Elite, and happen to cross ways with another pilot, I they're flying a ship with engines and a hull and everything. "I mean, ok, you obviously want to fly your spacefaring ship and curbstomp the concept of distance, I get it. I hope you were able to pump up that little ego of yours. Now I go into real life, goodbye." :D

Yee, it's dumb, really.

No really, I am glad that there is real life. I just wanna chill and work at my job.
Tho sometimes I get the urge to step into Elite with the hope to find some realistic guys to play with. Even though it sometimes tends to end like described above.

Not sure, why I write this, maybe I don't want real life ever to be deleted and I hope it never will be.
Can you show us on the dolly where the nasty chieftain touched you?

My hero, Gulliver Foyle, travels space without ships, he particularly hates one ship, the “Vorga”, which is piloted by the love of his life.

“I kill you filthy!”

@RELSPI is messing with you guys, in case you missed it?

The OP's opening thread was a take on a thread titled "Why I and many others will rarely play open".

In that thread:

@RELSPI said:

Relspi is messing with your heads here folks.....

Edit: Clarity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom