Why I and many others will rarely play Elite

I suspect RELSPI would be ok with that, much like the writer Guy de Maupassant allegedly often dined at the restaurant at the base of the Eiffel tower because it was the only place he couldn't see the tower that he hated.
The decline of the Elite universe from a utopia into a squabbling galaxy of individual nation-states began with the invention of the bubble cockpit, subjecting millions of pilots to the horror of having to see other spaceships.

My reason to mostly not play Elite is, that I don't want to meet the spaceship player type, because they have an attitude not compatible with mine - simple as that. But then there is my desire to be as well able to play in ELITE - but this would mean, i would have to accept to be basically in space once in a while - so it rarely happens that I play in ELITE. I haven't been inside of a spaceship yet and maybe I could escape the situation - but at best it would add nothing to the enjoyment of the game and in the worst case, it would just make me avoid ELITE again. I have no desire to fly to other planets or shoot laser guns- and even less to see a space ship or watching a rocket thruster fire - so why play ELITE?

I can't believe what i'm reading. You don't want to play the game because it has space ships in it. You do realise that is the whole point of the game right? Travel from A to B in a ship, doing a task of some kind. It was designed to be like that since 1984. If you don't want to fly space ships then this is clearly the wrong game for you. Personally i think this is a wind up, as your comments on the game make no sense whatsoever. Keep smoking the funny stuff lol

@RELSPI is messing with you guys, in case you missed it?

The OP's opening thread was a take on a thread titled "Why I and many others will rarely play open".

In that thread:

@RELSPI said:

Relspi is messing with your heads here folks.....

Edit: Clarity.
I am shook

I can't believe what i'm reading. You don't want to play the game because it has space ships in it. You do realise that is the whole point of the game right? Travel from A to B in a ship, doing a task of some kind. It was designed to be like that since 1984. If you don't want to fly space ships then this is clearly the wrong game for you. Personally i think this is a wind up, as your comments on the game make no sense whatsoever. Keep smoking the funny stuff lol
I bet you think the Earth is some kind of ball, too.

There's a point where forum discourse is so devoid of meaning - so caught up in cyclical outbursts of vitriolic non-dialogue - that an unfunny troll thread is just a simulacrum of the forum as a whole.
Hang on, when did you start speaking sense? There should be large warnings in place before you do that. It can catch people by surprise.

Top Bottom