Why is it that guest don't like to see the staff facility or behind staff area???

I don't think people are suggesting Frontier should add some new mechanic so guests can tour the staff buildings - I think they're saying the guests should be able to walk near them without throwing a tantrum.

I think there are bigger fish to fry in this pan before we start throwing tantrums over this easily understood game mechanic that is very easy to work around.

I don't think people are asking Frontier to add some new mechanic for guests to tour the staff buildings - I think they just want guests be able to walk near them without throwing a tantrum.
My opinion is: it was easy for them just to port things from Planet Coaster, that's why we have mechanics all over the place and have to deal with energy and water and spam balloon and mask shops everywhere.
all of this, that's nothing special for a zoo. However, I like the outlining and planning, which is involved.

But give me zoo related stuff:
  • playgrounds and doctors, which have to deal with injured kids
  • poop dumps, which annoy guests
  • petting areas, where animals can bite guests
But being realistic, we will see this stuff at the earliest in the 20th DLC or in Planet Zoo 2. It took them 1.5 years to introduce toilets in JWE.

Last edited:
My opinion is: it was easy for them just to port things from Planet Coaster, that's why we have mechanics all over the place and have to deal with energy and water and spam balloon and mask shops everywhere.
all of this, that's nothing special for a zoo. However, I like the outlining and planning, which is involved.

But give me zoo related stuff:
  • playgrounds and doctors, which have to deal with injured kids
  • poop dumps, which annoy guests
  • petting areas, where animals can bite guests
But being realistic, we will see this stuff at the earliest in the 20th DLC or in Planet Zoo 2. It took them 1.5 years to introduce toilets in JWE.
Honestly, I want to see less focus on what the guests want and more focus on the animals. I really didn't get a zoo game to manage guests; I'd have bought planet coaster for that. The guest management should be an afterthought to keeping your animals happy, not the other way round. Maybe I'm in the minority though.

I think there are bigger fish to fry in this pan before we start throwing tantrums over this easily understood game mechanic that is very easy to work around.
I think people can to say they dislike a game mechanic without being accused of throwing a tantrum. :rolleyes:

Even if we ignore the fact that it's unrealistic, it's still badly implemented (for reasons people have already described early in this thread). Yes, they have a lot of on their plate, but that's what happens when they release the game before they had time to fix & polish numerous complaints from the beta. It's still no reason to stop giving them feedback.

Last edited:
Honestly, I want to see less focus on what the guests want and more focus on the animals. I really didn't get a zoo game to manage guests; I'd have bought planet coaster for that. The guest management should be an afterthought to keeping your animals happy, not the other way round. Maybe I'm in the minority though.
Completely agree with you.

Giving us the ability to set a visitor maximum for our zoos was a big step in helping with this though, now that we can do it in all game modes (other than probably career scenerios). I just set a nice, low, visitor limit that lets me maintain a profitable zoo but without it being overcrowded such that the guests are always wanting things I'm not ready to add to the zoo yet.

It's my experience working in tourist areas that visitors love to see "behind the scenes stuff". It's the EMPLOYEES who get miffed about looky-loos invading their spaces.

It's my experience working in tourist areas that visitors love to see "behind the scenes stuff". It's the EMPLOYEES who get miffed about looky-loos invading their spaces.

this is what I trying to say..

In real life , some would happily pay for behind the scene to see what is zookeeper jobscope and how zookeeper feed animal

i think one good way to help with this would be to make sure that around staff room there is 100% environmental coverage (trees, shrubs, etc). or that the influence on visitors depends on that

Yah, I was thinking the same thing. I mean, I get why they did the spherical radius thing, it has a low performance cost compared to calculating line of sight.

But, I think what they should do is add in a calculation that reduces the size of the sphere the higher the scenery rating of the facility building(s). The facility buildings, etc., all already get a scenery rating so it wouldn't even be difficult for them to to code this. At 100% scenery rating, maybe make the sphere completely non-existent...seeing as it's pretty it shouldn't offend visitors.

Because it's part of the game as a mechanic to make it more challenging.

But apparantly a lot of people don't like to be challenged in a game.

Very simple, the way it is done is the cheapest in terms of performance overhead. The way is works is the facilities has an area around it which acts as a trigger, so it only needs to work when something triggers it (the guests dont LOOK for facilities). The way you want it to work the guest would have to be looking for the facility at all times and the check would be done using a raycast to see line of sight. To have thousands of guests running these additional checks is a big overhead. So I cant see it changing unless they come up with something clever. That is the way it works, just place facilities with that in mind.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Top Bottom