Why it called classic rides dlc

Nothing I have seen look like a classic ride in any way it more modern type rides I would say around the early '90s. I was expecting stuff like Orient Express, Tea Cups, HELICOPTER RIDE, double-decker Carousel, Red Baron , Spin the Apple, Convoy and etc.

The description on the main site says that it will be rides from fairgrounds and theme parks from around the world. There are still 8 more rides to go, with two variants of the same ride, like Weisshorn and Monte Leone for example. At first I thought it was going to be like a Worlds Fair rides pack when I saw that Asian themed ride.

But I think we might be getting a few older rides in this pack. Mangels Whip might be one of them. It was leaked in a thumbnail for the Sky Temple.

Nothing I have seen look like a classic ride in any way it more modern type rides I would say around the early '90s. I was expecting stuff like Orient Express, Tea Cups, HELICOPTER RIDE, double-decker Carousel, Red Baron , Spin the Apple, Convoy and etc.
Kiddiecoaster - in game
Tea Cups - in game
Helicopter ride - not in game (that would be the Samba tower)
Double Decker Carousel - in game
Red Baron - in game
Spin the Apple - 90% US only (PC is a world wide game)
Convoy - not in game (not as a convoy but as antique cars)

So 4 are already in, 2 are not and one is not for all players.
I my opinion Frontier tracks which items are used and which are not. If they can monitor track length build in game even more so.

I don't understand why we have a discussion about what the Word "classic" means. There is a dictionary definition yes, but everybody seems to apply their own understanding of classic, and so do i. People say "oh these rides are way too modern to be classic" Uhm excuse me, there is a thing that is called instant classic. So you say modern stuff can't be classic? My Point is, classic does not necessarily mean old.

That thumbnail must have been taken down. I can't seem to find it again. It was posted here on the forums. I was mistaken and took a picture of the whip which had the kiddie ferris wheel in the background that was a poster picture that somebody posted regarding about the Whip.

Last edited:
That thumbnail must have been taken down. I can't seem to find it again. It was posted here on the forums.
I'll help.

Here it is. Full size.

You think all rides are ‘magnificent’ in the DLC last december? You think Frontier decides by that name what we should think about it? It’s just a name for a DLC. Some think the rides are classic, like ‘common, modern, awesome’. Some think ‘classic’ is the same as ‘vintage’....

In the magnificent DLC were vintage and modern rides. This DLC is exactly the same, with different rides.

From the first two announcements, one could thing, that there's nothing really classic (in the closest meaning of that word). I have learned my lesson too, as I moan about coasters in the pack instead of rides (in the closest meaning, how Frontier handle the categories in the game).

It's a little like classical music, which could be Mozart on one hand and Stockhausen on the other. I think, we get here a collection and mixture of "classic rides that any themepark-fan should ride ones in his life".

From what we saw so far, there will be some vintage/classic rides in this pack like the paratrooper and whip. We have to wait to see what the rest of them are.

Top Bottom