Why on earth am I failing bounty missions?

More often than not assassination targets actually pull me out of supercruise while I'm flying towards the POI where they're supposed to be...
Saves me some time, thank you Pirate Lord Cheesecake.
Occasionally I show up at his location only to have his clone also appear.

More often than not assassination targets actually pull me out of supercruise while I'm flying towards the POI where they're supposed to be...
Saves me some time, thank you Pirate Lord Cheesecake.

This is because everyone cried about "I can never find the targets!" so FD seemingly slapped in a bunch of extra contact points to resolve it.

I'm happy "Rozzers" has gained it's moment in the sun. I also want to throw "Old Bill" into the mix if I may.

Peelers were first.

If you witness someone else killing the target then you have failed to kill the target and thus failed to complete the mission.

Can you if possible clarify 2 theories posted on the forums? I notice your comment refers to 'the mission' which is specific to BH missions where you have to get the killing blow. But in general, at Nav Beacons, Res Sites etc what are the requirements for getting 'the kill' and the bounty? Is it hitting it within 10s of the kill even if not by you, is it you have to hit it when its less than 10% hull? I've heard both but is either true? No worries if cant answer.

Peelers were first.

Can you if possible clarify 2 theories posted on the forums? I notice your comment refers to 'the mission' which is specific to BH missions where you have to get the killing blow. But in general, at Nav Beacons, Res Sites etc what are the requirements for getting 'the kill' and the bounty? Is it hitting it within 10s of the kill even if not by you, is it you have to hit it when its less than 10% hull? I've heard both but is either true? No worries if cant answer.

The rule I operate to is that you deal the majority of the damage and have a shot within 10 seconds of the mark going pop.

Hi there,

if the target flees, you can find them again to finish the mission... You have not yet failed to complete the mission.

If you witness someone else killing the target then you have failed to kill the target and thus failed to complete the mission.

Thanks,
Dom
You are wandering aimlessly through the forums. Suddenly a wild dev appears. You...

Grab a lasso and try to catch him.

After a few attempts you managed to catch the dev. He wasn't very agile. The dev seems scared. You...

Dim the lights.

The dev seems to calm down. Apparently he doesn't like sunlight. You...

Try to talk to him.

The dev doesn't answer. You...

Bring him coffee.

The dev looks at the coffee. He seems confused. You...

Analyse the dev.

It appears to be a British dev. You...

Bring him tea.

He drinks his tea but still doesn't look satisfied. You...

Bring him Pizza.

The dev eats the pizza and gives you a smile. You...

Try to talk to him again.

The dev says 'hello world'. Now that's not very useful. You...

Ask him about Odyssey.

Dominic Corner

Mostly Harmless Programmer
Frontier
Peelers were first.

Hi there,

I was, of course, referring to assassination missions here, as was the context I'd inferred from the message I replied to, but in general the rule is the last hit on the ship gets the kill.

The NPCs will yield a kill to the last human player who has hit a ship within a short period of the ship being destroyed (I think it's somewhere between 20-30 seconds).

This does not apply for kills made by Capital Ships (who will claim any kills they get the last shot on) or for Thargoid targets (where all contributing human players get credit).

Thanks,
Dom

Dominic Corner

Mostly Harmless Programmer
Frontier
You are wandering aimlessly through the forums. Suddenly a wild dev appears. You...

Grab a lasso and try to catch him.

After a few attempts you managed to catch the dev. He wasn't very agile. The dev seems scared. You...

Dim the lights.

The dev seems to calm down. Apparently he doesn't like sunlight. You...

Try to talk to him.

The dev doesn't answer. You...

Bring him coffee.

The dev looks at the coffee. He seems confused. You...

Analyse the dev.

It appears to be a British dev. You...

Bring him tea.

He drinks his tea but still doesn't look satisfied. You...

Bring him Pizza.

The dev eats the pizza and gives you a smile. You...

Try to talk to him again.

The dev says 'hello world'. Now that's not very useful. You...

Ask him about Odyssey.

Hi there,

Look out for more news about Odyssey in the coming months (I'm not allowed to tell you anything you don't already know about unless I get express permission).

Thanks,
Dom

So, is that 10 second rule for all bounties or just the missions?
All bounties where the other ship shooting at the target is an NPC, if the other ship is a player then unless you are winged together the last to hit the target gets the bounty.

Peelers were first.

An actual hit within the 10 seconds will do it.

Top Bottom