Why the hell do cant I escape indtradiction from players?!

I have been getting hammered by people around this current CG and most are just kicking my ass in the mini game thing, however I just had one that I stayed right with the escape vector, and I mean right in the center of it and my bar literally never grew, is there something special they are doing? is this some kind of hack? either way open play in unbearable due to so many douchebags, if I even go back to game I will probably just never go to open play.

Open player pirates, gankers or griefers all have different motivations behind indicting you. What they have in common though, is far more experience interdicting players. It's that simple.

yeah but how do you get out if its not staying on the escape vector? like this guy didnt even move the thing

Last edited:
If it's a coordinated wing in open you'll have to contend with chain interdiction's even if you win the first, second or 3rd mini game. Either don't get interdicted in the first place or bring a fast ship. Less than 600 m/s and you are at risk. As for not getting interdicted, when you jump into the system stay in the suns corona with your thrusters pointed at the star. Check you contact panel and scan the area. Any player vessles with an Interdictor n the modules list is up to no good. Abort the run and jump to safety if you can't reliable submit and outrun. I last piece of advice, FA off and boost. You'll max your velocity quicker and will maintain it longer.

Try this:
when interdicted, go to idle
(idle initiates a 10sec delay instead of 40sec normal jump delay)
then boost twice away while maneuvering to avoid contact (use chaff)
turn around to face them using flight assist off and Initiate a jump to anywhere in the system,
(no need to target a body in that system)
boost past them
and jump away before they can retarget
repeat as necessary ;>)

If it's a coordinated wing in open you'll have to contend with chain interdiction's even if you win the first, second or 3rd mini game. Either don't get interdicted in the first place or bring a fast ship. Less than 600 m/s and you are at risk. As for not getting interdicted, when you jump into the system stay in the suns corona with your thrusters pointed at the star. Check you contact panel and scan the area. Any player vessles with an Interdictor n the modules list is up to no good. Abort the run and jump to safety if you can't reliable submit and outrun. I last piece of advice, FA off and boost. You'll max your velocity quicker and will maintain it longer.
sounds like sound advice, I am gunna just avoid open play I think though

Open is a different game when it comes to CGs. In solo you're only up against the target of how much cargo you can deliver (or how many combat bonds you pick up).

With open you're effectively raising the difficulty level as players who want to oppose the CG now come into play since not everyone supports the idea of either of the Empire or Federation being involved in this. Of course, CGs being high traffic areas also attracts those who want to blow players up for giggles.

Doesn't help that Frontier doesn't try to incorporate this into any II or CG since it happens every single time anyway. Only thing you can do is decide wherther you want to haul cargo in peace or if you want to go blockade running against a dangerous opponent- either is fine, sometimes I can't be bothered with dodging other players on the way to Deciat.

Of course, if you do want to play open and be left alone by players who will blow your ship up, there's always Colonia.

I have been getting hammered by people around this current CG and most are just kicking my in the mini game thing, however I just had one that I stayed right with the escape vector, and I mean right in the center of it and my bar literally never grew, is there something special they are doing? is this some kind of hack? either way open play in unbearable due to so many douchebags, if I even go back to game I will probably just never go to open play.
Watch this video: The Git Gud Guide To Trading In Open. Warning: there is some profanity, but it will provide you with useful tips on surviving in Open.

I have been getting hammered by people around this current CG and most are just kicking my in the mini game thing, however I just had one that I stayed right with the escape vector, and I mean right in the center of it and my bar literally never grew, is there something special they are doing? is this some kind of hack? either way open play in unbearable due to so many douchebags, if I even go back to game I will probably just never go to open play.

IIRC there is a bias for the Interdictor. So, if you both are doing the best, the interdictor gets to win and the interdicted loses.

Also, were you that good as the guy that made the below video?

Deleted member 38366

D
If you're interested in a CG and that is your priority - stay away from the distractions of Open. Zero benefit to your cause and only a whole lot of time wasted.
(the bad guys btw. are doing exactly the same when the situation dictates and they need to get something done undistracted)

On the Interdictions in Open - Ship type matters. Alot. Skill as well - but Ship type is where the money is really at.
If you're flying an Anaconda, Type-9 or Type-10 for example (Ships with poor SuperCruise agility), these Ships will yield exceedingly poor chances of winning the Interdiction Minigame vs. far more SC-agile Vessels.
But take a Type-6 or Clipper with far better SC agility (incl. and especially yaw!) for example - things suddenly look drastically different and the whole scenario easily turns around... making it a hell for the Interdictors frantically trying.

I've been on both sides of this discussion and I win more than lose - Turning to face your foe gives you the opportunity to target vital areas if you wish to engage - Then strategy comes into play - Different ships have different vitals - Choose wisely -

Top Bottom