Why we still cannot hold cargo in stored ships?

Can I ask, what has this got to do with Odyssey?
Odyssey does include the interesting added consequence that while in Horizons you can leave your cargo on your active ship then go off in the SRV for a bit ... in Odyssey you can get a lot further away from your ship and its cargo.

...and then if you use Inter Astra to return your ship to you, the cargo is discarded without warning or confirmation.

It's certainly correct that you can't transfer the ship with its cargo as that would allow guaranteed safe trading, but ... anyone want to guess how long after release it takes the lack of warning or documentation to make someone lose 500t of Platinum this way?

What is normal?
Cargo storage as I said. Or just buy a warehouse at station. Limpet controler like vihecle hangar module. Weapon module so long animation in shop. No way to create module templates for ship. We can sell to the fleet carrier, but we cannot manufacture goods. 100 Cr fine = death at scan.

Should I write more?

Last edited:
Cargo storage as I said. Or just buy a warehouse at station. Limpet controler like vihecle hangar module. Weapon module so long animation in shop. No cay to create module templates for ship. We can sell to the fleet carrier, but we cannot manufacture goods. 100 Cr fine = death at scan.

Should I write more?
Yes, write at least another 10,000 words more!

This is not 'normal' for the game and never has been - maybe 'normal' for whatever other game you play.

Perhaps I should start complaining that I cannot beat other characters to death with a crowbar... it is 'normal' for at least 2 other games I play.

Yes, write at least another 10,000 words more!

This is not 'normal' for the game and never has been - maybe 'normal' for whatever other game you play.

Perhaps I should start complaining that I cannot beat other characters to death with a crowbar... it is 'normal' for at least 2 other games I play.
This is completely normal, X4 is an example. Or EVE.

And your example about crowbar is generally inappropriate

This is completely normal, X4 is an example. Or EVE.

And your example about crowbar is generally inappropriate
So EVE or X4 is 'normal' for Elite: Dangerous?
But being able to beat a character to death with a crowbar is "generally inappropriate"? As it isn't in either EVE, X4 or ED...

Of course, I can store 20,000+ units of cargo on either of my FCs... But the game has never permitted me to change ships if the initial ship has more cargo aboard than the chosen alternative is able to carry.

That is 'normal' for this game.

Top Bottom