Ships Why Would Anyone want One...

With the upgraded distributor, it's truly a dream.

The Conda does everything else the same or better. All you have is armour, and the Conda is no slouch in that department either....
False. Go get one, mod it out, and you'll be a believer too. The Class 8 internal alone makes up for a lot, 256 tons of cargo in one slot, or a class 8 shield with 100MJ more baseline defense than the Conda's class 7.

Last edited:
How does the overall defenses stack up against a Conda? I generally dont bother with armor tanks because module damage is expensive and doesn't regenerate over time. Plus I like flying ships as multiroles so stacking shield boosters is easier than H/MRPs.

Can't fix ugly and the T10 isnt a pretty girl to look at. She is the moped of the ED universe, fun to ride but.....

With the upgraded distributor, it's truly a dream.

False. Go get one, mod it out, and you'll be a believer too. The Class 8 internal alone makes up for a lot, 256 tons of cargo in one slot, or a class 8 shield with 100MJ more baseline defense than the Conda's class 7.

First, since when did cargo in a single slot matter so much? Second, 100MJ of shielding for nearly twice the recharge rate lol.

The Conda, even with distributor mods, it can't sustain max firepower without sacrificing shields

It can't? Why not? I've never had that issue before. I also don't see how the T-10 wouldn't also have the exact same problem but worse if that's the case as they boss have roughly the same energy drain per second while running similar load outs but the Conda gets a better distributor. On top of that the weapons convergence of the T-10 is abysmal even with gimballs and in order to get all of the weapons firing on a single target its more reliable to use Turrets for some of the hardpoints.

The short version being that while the Type 10 is tankier than the Conda its effective DPS is pretty meh in comparison from reduced time on target and heavier reliance on gimball/turrets. which, to be fair can still easily give any of the big 3 a bad time, but I'm not really seeing how the Conda doesn't hold a candle to it.

When I get home tonight, I'll do a side-by-side in Coriolis and we'll see the raw numbers. In my personal experience though, the Conda, while formidable and one of the best multi-role ships in the game, just can't put out enough firepower(fast enough) to get through both the shields and the hull of the T-10, before the T-10 can return the favor.

The Conda has a single Huge hardpoint, which is great, but the T-10 has an additional Large and another medium to boot. The Conda, even with distributor mods, it can't sustain max firepower without sacrificing shields, and once the Conda shields pop, so does the Conda. For the T-10, once the shields go, the fight is just getting started! From there, as long as you can stay within range of your opponent, it's usually GG.

Of course, it all depends on the builds, but when you're rigging a T-10 for raw survivability, and duct-taping on every weapon you can fit to it, it's a scary opponent to all of the big 3.

The great thing about the T-10 is that you can have your cake and eat it too. You can run 8 Shield boosters, an 8A shield gen, a 7A shield cell bank, as well as 7!!! hull/module reinforcement packages.

I've actually found that the T-10 is a great multi-role ship as well, due to the sheer number of internal slots, hardpoints, and Utility slots. It can't jump as far as a conda but it can jump, it's an outstanding miner with great defenses, I love it for CG's, and nothing feels quite as good as canyon running in a ship as big as a building. I fell in love with it, HARD. Just keep in mind, like we talked about, you can't even begin to appreciate it until you've engineered it. The stock version is below-average at best.

Cant rep you again, but you are spot on [yesnod]

It can't? Why not? I've never had that issue before. I also don't see how the T-10 wouldn't also have the exact same problem but worse if that's the case as they boss have roughly the same energy drain per second while running similar load outs but the Conda gets a better distributor. On top of that the weapons convergence of the T-10 is abysmal even with gimballs and in order to get all of the weapons firing on a single target its more reliable to use Turrets for some of the hardpoints.

The short version being that while the Type 10 is tankier than the Conda its effective DPS is pretty meh in comparison from reduced time on target and heavier reliance on gimball/turrets. which, to be fair can still easily give any of the big 3 a bad time, but I'm not really seeing how the Conda doesn't hold a candle to it.

Alright, let's hit this one at a time. The T-10 definitely has the same issue in a different manner, with a Size 8 Shield, and the T-10 being what it is, the recharge rate doesn't matter, because once it goes down, you're hull-tanking from that point until the fight is over, in my configuration(you can run bi-weave, but I've never seen the point).

The weapon convergence: While definitely less than ideal(you won't be using fixed weaps in the class 4 slots), it's more than capable of running gimballed without an issue. Due to the G5 upgrades to thrusters, I can keep my nose directly on target for around 95% of the fight, so gimballed puts out consistant damage even if it's not as high as fixed would be. I have never, and refuse to ever, use turreted weapons on the 10, there's much better ways to go, mine launchers would be better than turrets imo.

Because of the engineers, time on target is much higher than you would think and again, being a mostly PVE combatant(seal clubber), I've never had an issue being outmaneuvered by a large ship. An eagly definitely gives a T-10 more of a headache than a Conda, mostly because I don't use turreted weapons.

https://eddp.co/u/z2MebPqn

Last edited:
Took some screens

Weapon Convergence
XgeFDEO.jpg

CEIdMzh.jpg

Anybody want to critique my build? Thoughts? Totally hijacking this thread, BTW

Alright, let's hit this one at a time. The T-10 definitely has the same issue in a different manner, with a Size 8 Shield, and the T-10 being what it is, the recharge rate doesn't matter, because once it goes down, you're hull-tanking from that point until the fight is over, in my configuration(you can run bi-weave, but I've never seen the point).

The weapon convergence: While definitely less than ideal(you won't be using fixed weaps in the class 4 slots), it's more than capable of running gimballed without an issue. Due to the G5 upgrades to thrusters, I can keep my nose directly on target for around 95% of the fight, so gimballed puts out consistant damage even if it's not as high as fixed would be. I have never, and refuse to ever, use turreted weapons on the 10, there's much better ways to go, mine launchers would be better than turrets imo.

Because of the engineers, time on target is much higher than you would think and again, being a mostly PVE combatant(seal clubber), I've never had an issue being outmaneuvered by a large ship. An eagly definitely gives a T-10 more of a headache than a Conda, mostly because I don't use turreted weapons.

https://eddp.co/u/z2MebPqn
I agree with most of these things you've said, and thanks for the info on the hardpoints, wasn't exactly sure about that one. I do know I can run fixed on the Conda's Big guns(I hit Scouts pretty easily with fixed AX/Guardian weapons) cause they are paired suuuper close together. Which I like because I hate NPC Chaff, it gets everywhere! Also more damage, thats also nice I guess XD.

Weapon Convergence
Anybody want to critique my build? Thoughts? Totally hijacking this thread, BTW

Which are the 3 hardpoints in the middle? I can totally run those fixed I think. The rest will be turrets because.................. I want to put turrets on something!

Also the only thing I would change is adding a fuel scope, Cargo Bae and collector limpets but thats more personal preference than anything. Oh and a heatsink.

Oh and I would change the Heavy duty engineering to resistance augmented for more shields and less power draw. Unless your going up against a lot of PAs or Rails then your fine.

Last edited:
I actuall have all of the Big4 and the only one I own twice is the T10. One as a heavy battleship, one as a mission runner.
And IMO the only ship that get's the T10 into real trouble and will probably give her no chance is the 'Vette. Because it's the 'Vette. Better shields with comparable regen, good hull too, agile like a Python and a second 7A SCB.
But neiter the 'Conda (too less agility to use it's Fire-power against a Turret platform like this) nor the iCutter (Fast recharging bi-waves + best hull ingame are just superior to best shields without any regen + paper-hull).

Also I flew it (like 'Vette and iCutter too) a little time with budget stock parts. And Wow. If you know how to use turrets (and I use them for more than 2 years on every ship which is not a special classified Fighter) than this thing is amazing, 'cause there is nearly no blind spot on this Thing. Even behind the ship, if your not really close to the engines, minimum one turret hits.
I mean, I killed with this the classic salvage mission Elite-'Conda + 3Adds wing. While I really had a hard time in both, the iCutter and the 'Vette while trying this.

There are just two things where I disagree with CaptainCaboose.
First G5DDs are no must have. Maybe for PvP, but standart 7As where good enough for me. For sure they are awesome and a real pleasure, but no must.
And second: The Galvanised Paintjob is awesome. I mean, look at this.

Last edited:
After extensive testing, I really cant find a purpose for the T-10 that would make it a clear choice over one of the other big 3. Even after being fully engineered as a hull tanking beast, head to head my corvette outperforms it in every way.. Even a heavily engineered Anaconda makes for a much better combat ship, as you will never loose shields unless your doing something silly.

I am not knocking the T-10 or those who love it, in the end if the T-10 suits your playstyle, then awesome..

It does make a good miner though.. Now if only we could get class 3 mining lasers to vaporize entire asteroids, that would be ultra cool.

I actuall have all of the Big4 and the only one I own twice is the T10. One as a heavy battleship, one as a mission runner.
And IMO the only ship that get's the T10 into real trouble and will probably give her no chance is the 'Vette. Because it's the 'Vette. Better shields with comparable regen, good hull too, agile like a Python and a second 7A SCB.
But neiter the 'Conda (too less agility to use it's Fire-power against a Turret platform like this) nor the iCutter (Fast recharging bi-waves + best hull ingame are just superior to best shields without any regen + paper-hull).

Also I flew it (like 'Vette and iCutter too) a little time with budget stock parts. And Wow. If you know how to use turrets (and I use them for more than 2 years on every ship which is not a special classified Fighter) than this thing is amazing, 'cause there is nearly no blind spot on this Thing. Even behind the ship, if your not really close to the engines, minimum one turret hits.
I mean, I killed with this the classic salvage mission Elite-'Conda + 3Adds wing. While I really had a hard time in both, the iCutter and the 'Vette while trying this.

There are just two things where I disagree with CaptainCaboose.
First G5DDs are no must have. Maybe for PvP, but standart 7As where good enough for me. For sure they are awesome and a real pleasure, but no must.
And second: The Galvanised Paintjob is awesome. I mean, look at this.

Paper Hull? Doesn't the Corvette have the least intergrity of the the... I guess "Big 4" now. Its not like the Cutter can't just boost away and regen its shields as much as it wants, not that its really necessary as with 4 pips to shields and 2 to weapons all four mostly handle the same and I doubt your going to be spending much time doing anything but shooting each other in the face, during which your Bi-Weaves won't be regenerating anything because your under constant fire.

Unless you mean PVE in that case any Large Player ship vs Large NPC ship is probably going in your favor regardless of what your flying, I can outmanuver NPC Vettes in a Cutter xD. The handling between the Conda and T-10 really doesnt seem that much different to me and I've been able to do any combat related anything just fine in any of the big, 100 Mill+ ships.

If I had to peg the T10 as better at any one thing than anyting else it would be Scout busting, 4 Turreted AX Multicannons with amazing coverage, AX Fighter, enough internals for Decon limpets and a lot of health. Mmhmmm.....

Paper Hull? Doesn't the Corvette have the least intergrity of the the... I guess "Big 4" now.

Jup, the 'Vette has less base hull, but only 34base points less than the iCutter and it has an c4 internal more.
Also the 'Vette is more agile and so usually it doesn't take that much armour, like the tremendous whale of a ship, which the iCutter actually is.
But what I previously ment, is that the hull is quite bad compared to its shields. Like the FDL. A reasonable hull for it's size, but compared to it's shields, it's crap. Especially compared to the T10.

And actual I didn't wanted to write "paper", I meant something like the german "Presspappe" or "Wellblech". But I didn't found a good english translation. [noob]

Its not like the Cutter can't just boost away and regen its shields as much as it wants, not that its really necessary as with 4 pips to shields and 2 to weapons all four mostly handle the same and I doubt your going to be spending much time doing anything but shooting each other in the face, during which your Bi-Weaves won't be regenerating anything because your under constant fire.

Another mistake of me: I didn't meant recharge, I meant recovery. And shields recover even if the hull is under constant fire. And that enlarges the duration of the hull remarkable. Also the T10 has much more constant fire power than the iCutter has.

Unless you mean PVE in that case any Large Player ship vs Large NPC ship is probably going in your favor regardless of what your flying, I can outmanuver NPC Vettes in a Cutter xD. The handling between the Conda and T-10 really doesnt seem that much different to me and I've been able to do any combat related anything just fine in any of the big, 100 Mill+ ships.

After all the whole T10/'Conda/iCutter/'Vette story is the same as the FGS/Python/FDL/FAS discussion. Each of them can take down the other, and can took down either. IMO here is the Gunship with it's fighter and it's tremendous hull superior to the Python and the FDL (like their large counter parts) but also the experiance of the pilot is much more important than the minimal advantage of one of them.

But it would be interessting to put two equal NPCs in these ships, send them in 1vs1 fights, and look who would win against which.

Last edited:
The T10 - The Space Horseshoe Crab.

Can't wait until I can afford one and engineer the bejeesus out of it.

Top Bottom