Parks Wildwood, NJ North 1983

I am working on a recreation of Wildwood, NJ amusement piers at the north end based on the way they were in 1983. Here is a screenshot of one of the rides I'm working on, Golden Nugget Mine Ride at Hunt's Pier. The pieces from the adventure pack work well for the stucco rock walls on the outside of the Nugget building. It will take me a while to make the building, I already made the track layout with the mine ride. There are three piers at the north end of the boardwalk - Hunt's Pier, Morey's Pier, and Sportland Pier. Hunt's Pier was a dinosaur theme park between 1996-1998 and is now owned by Morey's and is mostly go-karts, maintenance, storage, and mirror maze and a few other things. Hunt's Pier had new owners from 1986-1990 after the son of the founder sold it and the movie theaters. He was about 80 years old at the time. He passed away several years later. His brother who was a partner passed away 1975. The theaters were sold to a theater company in 1986.

35080240_10214904808670382_6185929881897926656_o.jpg

Last edited:
The pier looks really great. The Golden Nugget coaster is now at Knoebels Amusement Resort in Elysburg as Black Diamond indoor dark ride. Keep up the great work.

I visited Hunt’s Pier as a kid in 1982-1983. Then I went back Aug 1995 and the pier was half shut with the Nugget, etc. shut and then I went back June 1996 and 1998 when it was Dinosaur Beach and rode the Nugget again. The dinosaur dark ride in a large metal building on the left side of the pier before the log flume was pretty good, too bad the resurrected pier didn’t last, it closed after 1998 and became a go-kart pier with a few other things and was bought by the Morey’s. There’s a cool mirror maze on the pier at the boardwalk now. This park will also have Morey’s and Sportland Piers the way they looked in 1983.

The round building at the front of the pier is from the workshop a guy made some Hunt’s Pier items. It was a ticket booth. The other curved structure is the Flyer station also made by the same person. This is still a WIP. I have more rides to add and two other piers and some boardwalk buildings. I found these on this site, they are original Hunt’s Pier tickets. The New Hunt’s Pier ones were from 1986-1990 and the others 1980-1985 I believe. http://www.funkandjunk.com/hunt-s-pier-vintage-full-sheet-of-tickets-and-booklets For the “morey’s pier” sign I can make that with art shapes and it will look just like the font used. They still have the same signs I believe at the original Surfside Pier which was Morey’s original 1969 pier located a block north of Hunt’s Pier. It still operates, as well as two other piers and they own the former Hunt’s Pier which is mostly a bunch of nothing now except for the boardwalk end.

Last edited:
Another Golden Nugget shot. I added some more detail. I was thinking about doing the Dinosaur Beach version of the pier as well. Dinosaur Beach operated from 1996-1998. The same guys operate Steel Pier in Atlantic City. With Dino Beach, three former Hunt's rides were saved: Golden Nugget Mine Ride (built 1960), Log Flume (built 1970), and Rapids (built 1985). They were retitled Golden Nugget Mine Rescue, Long Neck River Log Flume, and Raptor Rapids. Too bad it didn't last. It was a great resurrection of the pier. They also had a dark ride called Escape from Dinosaur Beach inside of a large rectangular metal building on the left side before the Log Flume.

35236525_10214921894857526_346536343901306880_o.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom