Will FDev ever implement kbd and mouse support for console?

Does not look like it seeing as it was asked for from day zero of the games release on PS4..
They had the excuse that Xbox never supported remapping to Keyboard ( under Xbox licensing ) but that excuse is long gone...
It is purely that they don't want to do the "work" because the Default enabling and compliance mapping with Xbox licensed Keyboard will take "work"...

Even way smaller developer have included Remapping to USB Keyboards at minimum in there games...
There was no way they were going to do it just for PS4 but there bum chum Microsoft consoles supports FULL K&M usage in games under the forced microsoft will break developer arms if they don't add K&M to in house titles releases. Microsoft has pushed out K&M shooters. on the xbox..

It would be nice but I don’t see it ever happening.
I can’t see the driver for Frontier to do it?

It may be on the list of things to do but I would expect it to be at or very near the bottom of that list.

I can do everything I need to do from my hotas.
I can’t imagine a pilot today asking to fly a F22 with a mouse and keyboard.
It would be cool to build a box over your keyboard so it looks like a control panel with flashing lights and toggle switches, but then I would have to take off my headset every time I wanted to use it.
Not for me, but I can see the appeal.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Its highly unlikely, this was requested before the game was even released on the PS4 in the run up to release but, never happened.

It can be done but the will to do so and commitment to the console player-base appears, from the outside at least, to be very small. Even before most of the development effort was hived off to the 2020 E:D project.

See also:- Beta releases, PSVR, Cobra MKIV, Crossplay, Head Tracking, etc.

Top Bottom