Will it be there legacy

[video=youtube;BtxwATMd_bE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=51&v=BtxwATMd_bE[/video]

Hopefully better than the last one.

Hopefully better than the last one.

He had some game come out on steam awhile ago and it was so bad and such a epic fail its the first and only game I ever deleted permanently from my steam account that I paid money for. I don't even want to remember the name.

I just wanted a modern populous, one of my fav childhood games but he couldn't even manage that despite billing that game I bought as that very thing. What a chode.

Obviously I missed something. Why the hate for PM? Was involved in some of my fave games back in the days; admittedly have no idea what his recent games were like, nor what they were. So someone want to give me a DG;PS? (Didn't Google; Please Summarise)?

Obviously I missed something. Why the hate for PM? Was involved in some of my fave games back in the days; admittedly have no idea what his recent games were like, nor what they were. So someone want to give me a DG;PS? (Didn't Google; Please Summarise)?

I`d say he and David have a lot in common

They are both "very very excited" visionaries who made games that were truly ground braking and ahead of their times in their youth, they both over promise and under deliver in a truly grand way (meaning their games arebut a shell of what was initially described/designed)

They are both old businessman who, despite all their grand initial plans, care mostly about profits in the end so they cut features like lawnmowers cut grass without even blinking an eye, because in the end they see it as a business decision, so they are like "so what that the game lacks 70% of the promised features, you have a game, what is your problem? we have delivered"

They both worked closely with microsoft and favour their console

they have both their kickstarter backers without vaseline

Now that i have this out:

After a "black and white" Peter resurfaced as a star of microsoft Xbox where he created a childish RPG called fable... the design had many interesting ideas, most of which never came to fruition... the game was still ok though and even had some innovative mechanics... Than alongside microsoft he milked the franchise to death even creating Kinect offspins. Fable 3 was very weak so he blamed it all on MS and left to form his own studio "22 cans" and mumbled about never speaking to the press again (because they started pointing out that he never actually delivers)

While at 22 cans he made a SCAM game called curiosity, which was a dumb game where you had to click on stuff to uncover the great mystery that was inside... inside was nothing.. TADA!!! BADUM TSSS!

From WIKIPEDIA:

"the contents inside of the cube included the ability to be the sole, all-powerful, digital god within 22cans' upcoming release of GODUS and to reap a small portion of all of the incoming revenue that is brought in by the game.[URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curiosity:_What%27s_Inside_the_Cube%3F#cite_note-18"][18][/URL] However, as of January 2015, Henderson has received little to no contact with 22Cans, and in light of recent departures from the studio along with lasting issues with multiplayer, Henderson likely won't be able to collect any portion of the game at all, and once he does, it will only be for six months, or even less if another player overthrows him, who then will take a portion of profits. Speaking to The Guardian, Molyneux explained that the person in charge of keeping in contact with Henderson left the company and no one was ever reassigned the position, an act which Molyneux called "inexcusable".....

and he did nothing to compensate the guy despite it being inexcusable

than he started the KS for the already mentioned GODUS which was supposed to be this great new populus like god game and which turned nothing as promissed

basicly he went from that Bullfrog man to that man

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the summary. Shame. But it's very easy for someone who is excited and for whom their job is their passion to get carried away when talking before sitting down to actually sketch out how much work delivering that will end up being. Look at NMS. Although they did manage to recoup a lot of lost ground the last couple of years.

It was a heck of a lot easier 20 years ago; often it was a single person or a very small group that would write a game, and nobody would know anything about it until it was released. Possibly a magazine article a couple of months earlier reviewing a pre-release. So basically by the time people got to know a game, it was pretty much done; who knows how much of the original concepts ended up on the digital cutting floor back then.

But these days with Kickstarters and instant communications and ridiculously overhyped expectations of the gaming community on top of the original dreamware, most games will inevitably lead to disappointment.

That said, like I said, I have absolutely no idea about PM's recent games nor his business practices, so I can't comment whether it's "par for the industry course" or whether he's an outlier. But the fact he's left some guy hanging who "won" doesn't speak highly.

I`d say he and David have a lot in common

They are both "very very excited" visionaries who made games that were truly ground braking and ahead of their times in their youth, they both over promise and under deliver in a truly grand way (meaning their games arebut a shell of what was initially described/designed)

They are both old businessman who, despite all their grand initial plans, care mostly about profits in the end so they cut features like lawnmowers cut grass without even blinking an eye, because in the end they see it as a business decision, so they are like "so what that the game lacks 70% of the promised features, you have a game, what is your problem? we have delivered"

They both worked closely with microsoft and favour their console

they have both F`ed their kickstarter backers without vaseline

Now that i have this out:

After a "black and white" Peter resurfaced as a star of microsoft Xbox where he created a childish RPG called fable... the design had many interesting ideas, most of which never came to fruition... the game was still ok though and even had some innovative mechanics... Than alongside microsoft he milked the franchise to death even creating Kinect offspins. Fable 3 was very weak so he blamed it all on MS and left to form his own studio "22 cans" and mumbled about never speaking to the press again (because they started pointing out that he never actually delivers)

While at 22 cans he made a SCAM game called curiosity, which was a dumb game where you had to click on stuff to uncover the great mystery that was inside... inside was nothing.. TADA!!! BADUM TSSS!

From WIKIPEDIA:

"the contents inside of the cube included the ability to be the sole, all-powerful, digital god within 22cans' upcoming release of GODUS and to reap a small portion of all of the incoming revenue that is brought in by the game.[URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curiosity:_What%27s_Inside_the_Cube%3F#cite_note-18"][18][/URL] However, as of January 2015, Henderson has received little to no contact with 22Cans, and in light of recent departures from the studio along with lasting issues with multiplayer, Henderson likely won't be able to collect any portion of the game at all, and once he does, it will only be for six months, or even less if another player overthrows him, who then will take a portion of profits. Speaking to The Guardian, Molyneux explained that the person in charge of keeping in contact with Henderson left the company and no one was ever reassigned the position, an act which Molyneux called "inexcusable".....

and he did nothing to compensate the guy despite it being inexcusable

than he started the KS for the already mentioned GODUS which was supposed to be this great new populus like god game and which turned nothing as promissed

basicly he went from that Bullfrog man to that bullSthish man

Godus was the dung pile I mentioned earlier.

Top Bottom