Will Odyssey require a return to base?

Hi! Don't know if this is a silly question - when Odyssey launches, does anyone know if it will work straight off? Say, you are in the black and can't walk on a planet the day before launch...and then the next day, still out in the black, you grow a pair of legs and take a stroll? Or will you need to head back to the bubble to get some legs attached?
Cheers!

Dunno if there's been an official response to this.
But I think it highly likely that you will have the basic equipment needed when you log in. But this is FDev, so...
🤷‍♀️

I just want to know what happens if you die on foot? Will it be like in a rover and you respawn in your ship...
Hmm. It's a good question. If you consider we will get Apex Travel.
Leave ship in the bubble, travel by Apex to Colonia, 'die' in Colonia, respawn back in the bubble? Nah.

I just want to know what happens if you die on foot? Will it be like in a rover and you respawn in your ship...
The only information that FDev have given us, is that they, themselves have not decided how this will be handled yet!

On the surface of it, that sounds absolutely terrible, given that the game is not far from release to those who have purchased access to the Alpha, and given that the 'gold' release, if still running to their revised, revised time scale will be within three months.

In practise that probably means that they have coded a couple of candidates for death mechanic, and either none of them feel 'right' or maybe they feel a bit too'contrived' (as are the ship destruction mechanics). FDev are possibly considering tweaks to what they have done, or simply which mechanic to run with.

FDev have said that they may even trial alternate death mechanics in the Alpha and take feedback from those who have purchased Alpha access.

Hmm. It's a good question. If you consider we will get Apex Travel.
Leave ship in the bubble, travel by Apex to Colonia, 'die' in Colonia, respawn back in the bubble? Nah.
What little we've been told about the Apex Travel, it will be short range.
How short? That remains to be seen, guessing less than 50 LY on one ticket.
Bracing myself for the incessant whining that Apex should be able to take you to Beagle Point in two minutes max.

Hi! Don't know if this is a silly question - when Odyssey launches, does anyone know if it will work straight off? Say, you are in the black and can't walk on a planet the day before launch...and then the next day, still out in the black, you grow a pair of legs and take a stroll? Or will you need to head back to the bubble to get some legs attached?
Cheers!
Apparently the remlock suit that you wear on the ship will provide minimal protection, so I'd expect that you will at least be able to log into the Odyssey DLC and land onand walk on planets/moons that have environments that are not too hostile immediately. As for how you gain weapons (your initial sidearm), they have not said.

Say, you are in the black and can't walk on a planet the day before launch...and then the next day, still out in the black, you grow a pair of legs and take a stroll?
It’s a quantum-entangled-delivered firmware update to our pilot’s seats - the boffins at SpaceSeats-R-Us have finally squashed the bug that kept the chair suit-locks active all this time!

Rejoice!

And let your Cmdr use the spacehead & spaceshower before resuming play 😁

Top Bottom