Will space legs be more like x4 or rebel galaxy outlaw?

Subnautica!

Best idea yet. Subnautica is amazing.

Some more bottom barrel expectations:

• Space legs will be nothing more than a fps mode, only accessible from the srv with nothing to kill.
  • Did db tease at ship capture at some point? is that part of legs? Wonder how that will work. X-rebirth has a pretty good implementation for large ships, and its 4 years old!

Here's a good question for it,
how is different planets' gravity going to affect bullet drop and resistance and so forth? I bet no one even thought of that but just think of the difference between a really low gravity planet and really high gravity planet when you're just using your SRV. Now consider a .45 caliber bullet might drop about an inch to 2 at something like 60 yards on Earth. not a lot of landable planets are exactly the same gravity as Earth a lot have low gravity or high. What about the lack of an atmosphere? That would be an awful lot of extra physics to code wouldn't it?

Or not. realistically, I have absolutely no idea how that works.
Do cannon and multicannons have bullet drop?

Here's a good question for it,
how is different planets' gravity going to affect bullet drop and resistance and so forth? I bet no one even thought of that but just think of the difference between a really low gravity planet and really high gravity planet when you're just using your SRV. Now consider a .45 caliber bullet might drop about an inch to 2 at something like 60 yards on Earth. not a lot of landable planets are exactly the same gravity as Earth a lot have low gravity or high. What about the lack of an atmosphere? That would be an awful lot of extra physics to code wouldn't it?

Or not. realistically, I have absolutely no idea how that works.

Here’s another thing to consider: most stations rotate to provide artificial gravity, the rest are zero-G. Consider the effects a rotating frame of reference will have on a bullet’s trajectory. Not to mention how it would affect things like jumping, hair, or loose clothing.

Boarding a Cutter or an Anaconda is going to take some time assuming you get aboard it in the first place. The Cutter is almost 200 meters long!

Space legs - another novetly for bored players, a feature for 30 minutes of enjoyment. NO THANK YOU. I don't want any legs either space or dog legs. I want good and well polished space sim game. I would like to have more cargo space for modules and better stored inventory sorting - yeah can you do that first? Thank you, dziękuję, danke, spasibo.

Pretty sure it wont be like anything anyone is expecting.

I'm not sure anyone expected powerplay to be what it is.
I'm not sure anyone expected multicrew to work how it does.
There are many more.

FD do things in their own, slightly odd, way. (Which is kind of cool)

More seriously, I see starfeet being a blend of both with Mass Effect Mako mixed into it. The sheer size of landing pads, stations etc is far too much for unfocused wandering before everything looks empty. A landing pad is the size of a football pitch, aside from the first walking under your ship moment, the other times will be skipped or 'why am I running for 2 minutes doing nothing?' thoughts appearing.

I can see the threads now...

"Why does it take so long to walk round my ship?"
"Walking round my ship takes too long!"
"We need to speed up walking/running."

Of course mixed with:
"Space legs are a bad design. I can't believe I have to spend time walking round my ship"

And
"FD... Why did you pick space legs over my ultra cool suggestion that everyone wants (but I'm the only one asking for it)"

I can see the threads now...

"Why does it take so long to walk round my ship?"
"Walking round my ship takes too long!"
"We need to speed up walking/running."

Of course mixed with:
"Space legs are a bad design. I can't believe I have to spend time walking round my ship"

And
"FD... Why did you pick space legs over my ultra cool suggestion that everyone wants (but I'm the only one asking for it)"

Don't forget the 900 page Epic Megathread: "Why can't we have paralysis and legs?"

Top Bottom