Will space legs replace CQC?

Think about it... the odds of finding another CMDR whilst meandering about unpopulated systems, is bleak... imagine the odds of bumping into another CMDR on foot... on a random planet.... Seriously... how is this supposed to engage players on a FPS level???
I feel like a better question would be 'will anyone even notice if CQC goes away?'. I don't know if it's just on PlayStation 4 or not but I've only ever seen a total of three other people on CQC for the entire (around) two years that I've been playing this game. If they aren't on there are no games.

That being said I kind of hope it does involve PVP deathmatch modes like CQC but without replacing.I personally like CQC and would love it if I had access to it regularly whenever I would want to play it. Even if it was just against NPCs.

Think about it... the odds of finding another CMDR whilst meandering about unpopulated systems, is bleak... imagine the odds of bumping into another CMDR on foot... on a random planet.... Seriously... how is this supposed to engage players on a FPS level???
Sounds like you are assuming that space legs will be for PvP. I expect it to be PvE so I don't care whether I bump into anyone else.

I guess they could add an FPS arena... Hmm.

Still I'd expect most on foot contact to be with NPCs as it is now with ships. I'd also expect some specific mechanics around this..

Personally I'd like to see CQC launchable from the cockpit like we have with muliti-crew and tutorials. Might get more involved then..

Doesn't the title say "repace"? CQC should be a lot slower on foot. Like a western in space. Where have we seen that before?

I still find it funny (sadly funny, like a destitute clown) that when the community wanted a trading in space game (Elite) and got Elite Dangerous, they immediately started clamouring for ways to not fly their space ships. Such as space legs and station building/management, and cutting down on supercruise time etc. Now you want to replace the one part of the game that is actually solely about space dog-fighting? With walking around?!

:D S

Doesn't the title say "repace"? CQC should be a lot slower on foot. Like a western in space. Where have we seen that before?

I still find it funny (sadly funny, like a destitute clown) that when the community wanted a trading in space game (Elite) and got Elite Dangerous, they immediately started clamouring for ways to not fly their space ships. Such as space legs and station building/management, and cutting down on supercruise time etc. Now you want to replace the one part of the game that is actually solely about space dog-fighting? With walking around?!

:D S
totally reported it asking them to fix that... lol, but as you see... IT REMAINS!!!

Multiplayer FPS on current server model?

Are you kidding me?

Ubisoft tried P2P in For Honor. Result: they had to implement dedicated servers after release, because the game was barely playable.

I doubt we'll be spending much time wandering around on foot on random planets. I'm sure it will be possible, and encouraged from time-to-time, and maybe for the eye candy, but not when expecting to meet other players. Anyway, the SRV is for exploring on land, and I don't see legs replacing that. In practice, surface stuff will still be 80-90% SRV based, I'm willing to bet.

So it's likely we'll be doing most of our walking around onboard our ships and at hub locations -- stations, bases, and megaships -- and we'll be able to see an interact with NPCs and any other players at the same station. There was originally talk of some kind of PvP boarding mechanic, so that might be a thing too.

with so much time in zero-g and then the fact that you've been strapped to a chair for lets say up to 5 years are space legs even going to have enough strength to move a body around on a planet with gravity

By encouraging us to shoot targets NPCs instead of each other.

Personally I am hoping for more interaction with the environment from legs than shoot and scoop.

Still waiting on a official confirmation that space legs is indeed being actively worked on. Right now its all just hopeful speculation that it will be the next "mysterious" big update......

Oh, I thought you meant, will it be a bare bones mechanic, poorly implemented and get no further development until finally it withers and dies on the vine

with so much time in zero-g and then the fact that you've been strapped to a chair for lets say up to 5 years are space legs even going to have enough strength to move a body around on a planet with gravity

I wouldn't worry too much about it, these cmdrs seem to be able to handle 100+g on a regular basis with all these crazy boost maneuvers, either they are some weird futuristic augmented machines with no internal organs, or as I often say, it's just a game, no point thinking about it.

Top Bottom