Will space legs replace CQC?

I wouldn't worry too much about it, these cmdrs seem to be able to handle 100+g on a regular basis with all these crazy boost maneuvers, either they are some weird futuristic augmented machines with no internal organs, or as I often say, it's just a game, no point thinking about it.
That's more the compression suits and tech in the ships I think. 100gs would kill you. Turn you right into paste. It would literally push all of the front of your body through all of the insides of your body and into the back of it turning it all into pudding or mush or like a gross colored sponge.

But you could stay in a centrifuge all day long experiencing high g-forces, it wouldn't make you any stronger. in fact the longer you would remain seated in lower gravity the more your muscles would atrophy regardless of G-Force.

Ask any astronaut who spent any time on the ISS

That's more the compression suits and tech in the ships I think. 100gs would kill you. Turn you right into paste. It would literally push all of the front of your body through all of the insides of your body and into the back of it turning it all into pudding or mush or like a gross colored sponge.

But you could stay in a centrifuge all day long experiencing high g-forces, it wouldn't make you any stronger. in fact the longer you would remain seated in lower gravity the more your muscles would atrophy regardless of G-Force.

Ask any astronaut who spent any time on the ISS

Very true, I have a post somewhere on the forum, did a calculation of the g's experienced just from straight-line boosting. Anyway, as I said, it is just a game.

Ever tried boosting into a station with 4pips in shields? the deceleration forces would be ridiculous, as you have mentioned, these boost turns would turn organs to mush.

SRV's are not telepresence, so the cmdr is supposed to be leaving the bridge and entering the SRV. I can happily drive around a 9g world in ED, get in my ship and vertically boost to 700m/s in under 2 seconds. It is all fantasy :)

Am sure muscle atrophy from long term space travel is the least of the devs worries!

Very true, I have a post somewhere on the forum, did a calculation of the g's experienced just from straight-line boosting. Anyway, as I said, it is just a game.

Ever tried boosting into a station with 4pips in shields? the deceleration forces would be ridiculous, as you have mentioned, these boost turns would turn organs to mush.

SRV's are not telepresence, so the cmdr is supposed to be leaving the bridge and entering the SRV. I can happily drive around a 9g world in ED, get in my ship and vertically boost to 700m/s in under 2 seconds. It is all fantasy :)

Am sure muscle atrophy from long term space travel is the least of the devs worries!
I solved that problem in my head imagining that the shields help like as inertia dampeners or something

I solved that problem in my head imagining that the shields help like as inertia dampeners or something

Definitely some sci fi weirdness going on (like star wars/star trek) From memory, one of the books describes some type of gel being pumped into the cmdr via the chair. Think it might be in one of MB's books. Plan to give them a read one day.

Oh yeah for sure I'm not at all concerned with that being a thing. More so I just wanted to point that out. You know at some point being realistic will come up.

However how high you jump will probably be affected with different planets gravity.

Sadly, I don't think I've seen anything from fdev that they were doing this. I think it's more wishful thinking mixed with rumors. Either way if they say something about it tomorrow, we wouldn't see it for 2 more years anyways

Definitely some sci fi weirdness going on (like star wars/star trek) From memory, one of the books describes some type of gel being pumped into the cmdr via the chair. Think it might be in one of MB's books. Plan to give them a read one day.

You sure you're not thinking of the Expanse here? ;)

Well let's see if we ever will get space legs, no official reports yet and if we do what kind of gameplay will it be?

Think about it... the odds of finding another CMDR whilst meandering about unpopulated systems, is bleak... imagine the odds of bumping into another CMDR on foot... on a random planet.... Seriously... how is this supposed to engage players on a FPS level???

You could use space legs to go into caves for exploration. They could add new areas to all planets and generate them as a surface exploration feature. Something that even if you drive up to in an SCV you have to get out and walk into. And then add insides via loading to all bases for RPG type information exploration where you can read through things like books and get more items from random generation. Plus they could start going in the direction of old adventure genre games and add puzzles to unravel. Imagine adding adventure genre over the galaxy and finding data to actually uncover something else. That could be fun if they took it far enough. Especially if they add sprawling cities one day.

Think if there was even one large city how many genres you could start adding to the game and mixing. Not that any other game has taken this that far yet. But we can dream!

As in... wait a number of hours to find a instance only to find the other player has grinded out 'Turbo Boots' and earned a total of 3,291 Credits?

Think about it... the odds of finding another CMDR whilst meandering about unpopulated systems, is bleak... imagine the odds of bumping into another CMDR on foot... on a random planet.... Seriously... how is this supposed to engage players on a FPS level???
I think No Man's Sky Beyond had solved this problem by several method very well, but Frontier will not do it the same way for sure. They'll have to keep everyone close in bubbles and or expand the silly telepresence.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, these cmdrs seem to be able to handle 100+g on a regular basis with all these crazy boost maneuvers, either they are some weird futuristic augmented machines with no internal organs, or as I often say, it's just a game, no point thinking about it.
The theory is that when you're Frame Shifting or Super-cruising in Elite Dangerous, you're not really moving at that speed. You are making one / or many time space folds.

Last edited:
You could use space legs to go into caves for exploration. They could add new areas to all planets and generate them as a surface exploration feature. Something that even if you drive up to in an SCV you have to get out and walk into. And then add insides via loading to all bases for RPG type information exploration where you can read through things like books and get more items from random generation. Plus they could start going in the direction of old adventure genre games and add puzzles to unravel. Imagine adding adventure genre over the galaxy and finding data to actually uncover something else. That could be fun if they took it far enough. Especially if they add sprawling cities one day.

Think if there was even one large city how many genres you could start adding to the game and mixing. Not that any other game has taken this that far yet. But we can dream!
whilst this is interesting... there will more than likely be both PVE & PVP... u r only exploring one of those

Top Bottom