Will the heart bug ever be fixed?

What do we think guys? Is this ever going to be corrected?

We had several wing engagements in our squadron tonight and every single fight was marred by the heart bug to some degree, with usually only one person able to actually do any damage.

Leaving the instance and returning helped those afflicted sometimes but not consistently enough to be considered a fix.

Have FDEV given any clear indication as to what may be causing this issue? I am aware it has been reported since 2017. Not sure if that should be taken as an indication it is here to stay or not...

Do you get the wingman nav lock on PC? I guess so?

Well on PS at least, say if you are in a wing of 4, one CMDR has a NHSS to drop into, the other 3 wingman nav lock onto the dropping CMDR. After you do that a box should appear around the CMDRs name that you are locked to at the top of the screen, the box will be blue or red.

If, and it is a big if, everyone else in the wing has locked to the dropping CMDR, and everyone has a blue box around the dropping CMDR when he drops, i believe the heart bug does not come into effect.

It is not easy to do, overshooting(!) is really hard to avoid, you need to be close to get the blue box. I think the bug is an instancing one, and using the blue box navlock jiggery-pokery seems to make sure everyone is 100% in the same instance.

Or something like that🤷‍♂️

Seems to work tho, if you can do it, at least on PlebStation.
o7

Despite the fact that this is still VERY much occuring on a regular basis.....
this suggests it likely isn't a problem with hit registration but with the lame p2p charade which they can't test in 'real' conditions, desyncs aren't uncommon.

this suggests it likely isn't a problem with hit registration but with the lame p2p charade which they can't test in 'real' conditions, desyncs aren't uncommon.
The ticket was about network issues since day one.... we told frontier countless times that this only happens in a wing or multicrew, if they went all this time thinking that the issue is just "hit registration" then I have lost all faith in their QA team completely......

Top Bottom