Will we ever be rid of Fresnel lenses?

You can put the gearVR lenses into a vive or vice pro, they are not fresnel... Actually makes a huge difference !!!! I have them in y Vive pro and absolutely love them, even though there is a slight reduction in FOV. The clarity and colours simply pop...

Are there any HMD's that don't use these bloody awful things?
Absolutely Agree. Having bought the Vive pro and experienced the Fresnel Crap for 2 weeks whilst my Gear lenses arrived from the states, the difference is Jaw droppingly better! What in hell,s name are HTC playing at selling an 1100 GBP VR headset which has god awful cheap and nasty 'Ringed' lenses in, only they can answer, but i expect strongly it has something to do with GREED and PROFIT!!

Absolutely Agree. Having bought the Vive pro and experienced the Fresnel Crap for 2 weeks whilst my Gear lenses arrived from the states, the difference is Jaw droppingly better! What in hell,s name are HTC playing at selling an 1100 GBP VR headset which has god awful cheap and nasty 'Ringed' lenses in, only they can answer, but i expect strongly it has something to do with GREED and PROFIT!!

I don't think it's greed and profit, It's more likely "Panic!" and desperately trying to keep lights on.
Got to keep those child slaves in tic-tacs etc.
Well not really, they sold all their factories and production lines a few years back.

Top Bottom