Will we ever get aquatic dinosaurs?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
We might get them in a future DLC (Hopefully for 1 year of evolution). Also in the future please call them Aquatic reptiles. It drives me nuts when people say "Aquatic dinosaurs". There have only been two species of dinosaur that have been known to be semi-aquatic the Spinosaurus and.... I forgot the other one.

There have been countless threads like this asking the same question already. People request it literally non stop.

There have only been two species of dinosaur that have been known to be semi-aquatic the Spinosaurus and.... I forgot the other one.
Halszkaraptor. The dromaeosaur that looks like a goose.

I feel like the 2nd dr wu site is set up perfect for a mosasaurus. It has a perfect lagoon lake next to it. Im hoping a future dlc will allow an aquatic species to be placed in there. It will take so much work for frontier to do it they probably wont. A pleasiasaur would be easier. Im sure i spelt that wrong. But a species that can conceivably get out of the water and waddle on land would be doable. They just need to add a deeper water pool building with built in underwater viewers for guests to walk down into to watch them swim. Then on the surface you could still have a regular viewer to see them when they waddle out onto land.

Or like ive suggested before about a reptile house building you could go in to see smaller dino species... They could create a large aquarium building with aquatic reptiles in it. Click on it go to show view and allow us to cycle through views of different tanks.

We should be able to cycle view spots in the viewers and hotels as well

I really wish they could make all buildings have a real interior so we could walk through as a guest into all buildings and look around.

Here, you can check this out if you like. I've posted this in December last year.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/462006-Marine-DLC-Idea-Beneath-the-Surface-Part-1
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/462008-Marine-DLC-Idea-Beneath-the-Surface-Part-2

Part 1 deals with the possible structures. I made the models myself.
Part 2 deals with the implementation of such a DLC.

I prefer to have the Aquatic DLC implemented the same way as SoDW, but is located mainly by the coastline/near to shore, or in a bay or cove & not on land.

Here, you can check this out if you like. I've posted this in December last year.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/462006-Marine-DLC-Idea-Beneath-the-Surface-Part-1
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/462008-Marine-DLC-Idea-Beneath-the-Surface-Part-2

Part 1 deals with the possible structures. I made the models myself.
Part 2 deals with the implementation of such a DLC.

I prefer to have the Aquatic DLC implemented the same way as SoDW, but is located mainly by the coastline/near to shore, or in a bay or cove & not on land.

That's incredible!!!! Frontier i know you've already seen that information..... You must realize by now how loyal and commited this game's fanbase is... Is there anyway you guys can come up with a price for adding this to the game? Then creating a go fund me page to give the fans a chance to pay for you guys to assign a crew to make this happen?

That's incredible!!!! Frontier i know you've already seen that information..... You must realize by now how loyal and commited this game's fanbase is...

They are always aware of what the passion and love the fanbases of their games are like. Just because they don't do immediate action like or leave no replies on everything some people want but can't, doesn't mean they aren't aware of anything at all.

Is there anyway you guys can come up with a price for adding this to the game? Then creating a go fund me page to give the fans a chance to pay for you guys to assign a crew to make this happen?

Sound like a good idea, they would admit that, but I doubt they would do anything like that for things like that because of legality issues. It might not sound fair for some, I know that, but that is the reality of it.

Yeah universal would probably have a legal issue with outside forces funding additions to one of their games. Maybe if universal was on board and universal itself started a go fund me account for the purpose it would be fine. Then it would still be universal contracting Frontier for the work while allowing the fans to support it.

For this reason I have decided I will no longer support the company. Over a wide range of their games, Frontier appears to me to be continually ignoring requests from fans, even when there is clearly high levels of support for a given feature.

I understand that we can't have everything we want, but there have been a lot of people requesting Aquatic Reptiles in JWE, and all Frontier has ever had to say about it is "We don't have any plans, but who knows what the future will bring?".

This is only my own opinion, of course; and I'm not necessarily recommending that others do the same, but I do understand the merit of 'voting with your wallet' and this is the best way I can show what I am in support of.

IMO, this seems to be a fairly common (and generic) response from them regarding a wide range of fan requests. So, for that reason, I just cannot bring myself to continue to help them.

Thankfully, if recent Steam ratings are anything to go by, I'm not the only person who feels as though the content in JWE is sorely lacking. Hopefully that will reflect on the developers in such a way that they will prompted into providing people with the products worthy of a proud community.

For this reason I have decided I will no longer support the company. Over a wide range of their games, Frontier appears to me to be continually ignoring requests from fans, even when there is clearly high levels of support for a given feature.

I understand that we can't have everything we want, but there have been a lot of people requesting Aquatic Reptiles in JWE, and all Frontier has ever had to say about it is "We don't have any plans, but who knows what the future will bring?".

This is only my own opinion, of course; and I'm not necessarily recommending that others do the same, but I do understand the merit of 'voting with your wallet' and this is the best way I can show what I am in support of.

IMO, this seems to be a fairly common (and generic) response from them regarding a wide range of fan requests. So, for that reason, I just cannot bring myself to continue to help them.

Thankfully, if recent Steam ratings are anything to go by, I'm not the only person who feels as though the content in JWE is sorely lacking. Hopefully that will reflect on the developers in such a way that they will prompted into providing people with the products worthy of a proud community.
while I agree fully with your statement about Devs practically ignoring a ton fan requests, i feel it’s fully possible to add the aquatic creatures . There are games much larger for both PC and console and they have no issues , certainly there must be a way around the ‘ lag ‘ ‘ memory ‘ whatever their issue is with adding aquatic creatures.

while I agree fully with your statement about Devs practically ignoring a ton fan requests, i feel it’s fully possible to add the aquatic creatures . There are games much larger for both PC and console and they have no issues , certainly there must be a way around the ‘ lag ‘ ‘ memory ‘ whatever their issue is with adding aquatic creatures.

I have close to a decade of experience coding, and working within various game engines. I can say with certainty that there are ways around the issue, though they may not be what is thought of as 'cost efficient'.
Unfortunately, the wide majority of studios are more 'money-centric' and less 'gamer-centric' than even many of those working at the studios themselves would like to be. It costs a lot of money to make a video game, and in the case of lower and mid-size studios like Frontier, there is usually a lot of money tied up in other things as well; so everything has to balance out accordingly.

Now, that doesn't forgive blatantly ignoring fan requests however, so I feel more than justified voicing my complaints.
Again, this is all just my own opinion of course, so everybody is entitled to agree or disagree as they see fit. :)

I have close to a decade of experience coding, and working within various game engines. I can say with certainty that there are ways around the issue, though they may not be what is thought of as 'cost efficient'.
Unfortunately, the wide majority of studios are more 'money-centric' and less 'gamer-centric' than even many of those working at the studios themselves would like to be. It costs a lot of money to make a video game, and in the case of lower and mid-size studios like Frontier, there is usually a lot of money tied up in other things as well; so everything has to balance out accordingly.

Now, that doesn't forgive blatantly ignoring fan requests however, so I feel more than justified voicing my complaints.
Again, this is all just my own opinion of course, so everybody is entitled to agree or disagree as they see fit. :)

I'm pretty confused here... Since the launch of the game they have made numerous improvements, which are all coming from the community and what the players wanted to get. There are many people that doesn't feel the need to implement aquatic reptiles, including myself. But to say they don't listen to the community is just plain ignorant. All the updates were requested by the players...

I have to agree, sadly. I skiped the Wu DLC because of hybrids, purchased the Cretaceous Pack, but skiped all the remaining DLC up to date. In fact, I was also of the opinion that not even the small dinosaurs packs are worth the money: comparing the skins of the new dinos (Acro, Alberto, Ourano, etc) with the base game's they just look like frogs, wet frogs. None of those are even OK skins. Colours, textures... they just feel wrong. Herrerasaurus being some notable exception, though. Maybe they do have new riges and animations but I couldn't care less about more land dinosaurs to begin with, so that was just another reason for not buying them.

On the other hand, and to be fair, I do understand the "we don't have plans currently, but that may change in the future" actitude. It is so painfully obvious the game was rushed with all the lack of content and absurd self-imposed limitations (my opinion, due to consoles; but let's leave that particular debate here over objective facts) that the amount of work they would still need to place on the game seems overwhelming. And with all the hype already running within the community they can't but be sorely cautious. Having said that, however, the over six months gap of radio silence is also not acceptable, particularly when they are bound to have something at least ready enough to speak of, even while keeping the release date a secret.

So 'voting with the wallet' seems to be our only chance but I wouldn't be that hopeful because most players, and I've noticed most of them are console players (no offence to anyone intended!) seem ok with substandard content (dino skins, camera mode, etc). I can also relate to some extent, wanting as I do to love the game and being desperate for new content; but... well, greenhouses for instance were supposed to be in the base game, there were concepts and leaks everywhere months before the game launched. And it took a whole year to get a feature that was supposed to be in the base game not to mention it cames behind a paywall (neither complaining for this not being cheap, just acknowledging that this look like they had nothing else to offer, so they just bundle and sold something that's more than a year old; same goes with the froggy skins for new dinos, they clearly don't match with the base game's visual quality, but they were released anyway because there wasn't anything else to launch). So, if it takes that long to polish a feature already developed, how much more will it take for the new features the community request? And this considering that JWE is already one year old, so likely a whole third of it's life has already passed.

Frontier, please! I'd like to have my pessimism proven wrong.

Jurassic World is a licensed IP from Universal.

Whatever Frontier wishes to implement in-game (including fan requests from the community), the feature must also receive the blessing from Universal.

Since there is a very high possibility that the next DLC is related to 1993's Jurassic Park, it would be more fruitful if the fan requests are based upon that film. The chances of fan requested features getting the green light should be much higher (at least in theory).

As an example, restrooms are solely needed for guests' comfort and satisfaction just like retail shops and restaurants.

Whether the guest gets eaten while sitting on the golden throne, we will just have to wait and see.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom