Wing missions and the BGS

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
They have an effect of 1, 2 and 3 positive points in a situation where you need c.10 to achieve the max possible gain in a situation where no negative activities against your faction have occurred or positive activities for another faction. [Is our working hypothesis]

By the way, I was looking the stream and do not find influence information for the mission. In chapter 1 (time 54:45) I see only rep++, but no influence info for the missions. Seems 2 me, that it should be returned to the screen, as shown now. And logfile specs\samples 4 wing missions will be VERY useful.
At 1.04.37 influence is the same 4 all the choices... Strange...

Last edited:
By the way, I was looking the stream and do not find influence information for the mission. In chapter 1 (time 54:45) I see only rep++, but no influence info for the missions. Seems 2 me, that it should be returned to the screen, as shown now. And logfile specs\samples 4 wing missions will be VERY useful.

Apparently only the credit option will always be there, the other two are randomly selected from extra influence, extra rep, commodities, and materials. So the extra influence option is simply not available for that particular mission. But yeah I hope we get indicators comparable with other missions.

...hopefully accurately comparable >_<

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ing-missions?p=6304769&viewfull=1#post6304769

Last edited:

Dominic Corner

Mostly Harmless Programmer
Frontier

Hi there,

As they were very fond of saying, this was a "hot build". The influence not showing magnitude was a bug which I have since fixed.

An improvement which you may be interested in is that the reputation and influence values will no longer simply be indications of the magnitude this mission type typically does, they will instead be fuzzily derived directly from the actual values for this particular instance of the mission.

In this instance, despite not being shown, the magnitude will have been the same for all choices; as there was no influence boosted reward option offered for that mission.

Thanks,
Dom

Hi there,

As they were very fond of saying, this was a "hot build". The influence not showing magnitude was a bug which I have since fixed.

An improvement which you may be interested in is that the reputation and influence values will no longer simply be indications of the magnitude this mission type typically does, they will instead be fuzzily derived directly from the actual values for this particular instance of the mission.

In this instance, despite not being shown, the magnitude will have been the same for all choices; as there was no influence boosted reward option offered for that mission.

Thanks,
Dom

Thanks Dom,

Im not 100% sure what is meant by:

"fuzzily derived directly from the actual values for this particular instance of the mission."

Hi there,

Thanks,
Dom

First of all, THANKS! I'll try to do the best 4 testing beta. The situation in Colonia is not good for testing now (we have the second war, not needed 4 both sides :( and we'll be sorting out the negative effects right during launching beta) but I'll try to check the logs by my BGS log parser.
However! It seems 2 me, that "event":"MissionCompleted" will be exactly changed due to selecting the reward during completion, not taking the mission. Without influence field, containing correct update, the data in log will be wrong. Very interesing to see the specs\sample ASAP.

Last edited:
Influence has never been shown in specific numbers. For good reasons.
Hmm...

"DestinationSystem":"Colonia", "Expiry":"2018-01-18T03:23:00Z", "Influence":"Low", "Reputation":"Med"

Converting Low, Med, High to 1,2,3 is not the most complex task :) Maybe, not exact, but at least something...

Last edited:
Top Bottom