Patch Notes Update Wings Update 1.2.04 Incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Is debug camera working ok in 1.2? I can not see my own ship. I thought debug camera starts with ship centered. Does anyone else have this?

Is debug camera working ok in 1.2? I can not see my own ship. I thought debug camera starts with ship centered. Does anyone else have this?

Your ship is underneath the camera. Imagine that the camera is a drone and fly it in the same way as your ship.

Is there anyway that you can see the size of the update in MB or GB. I only ask because I'm on a internet connection with limits.

Thanks.

Have asked for this a number of times, got a reply back from Micheal Brooks, that he would try and get it put in, happened a couple of times, then stopped for some reason. There is no way I could have updated to v1.2 (3gb +) on my broadband dongle, if I had been on my ship. I would have had to wait until I got home on leave. It's very frustrating not having this info, not everybody lives in London or where there is super fast broadband. Some people live in the back and beyond in strange Welsh Valleys!

It always have been working that way. Close in to station too fast and gravity well will boost your speed and you will overshoot. Micropause near stations indeed happen now and then and you are mostly right about sending updates.

As for downloads - FD recently tried alternative launcher for downloads, but we haven't hear anything regarding that test. By sound of it, for me it sounds like strange throttling going on Amazon servers, because people have very different downloading experiences (while doing it at same time).

I'll add to this whine, as my updates generally run way more slowly than any other download I make. It's bearable for me- I set it to update and do something else for about 1-2 hours. The reported speed in the launcher bar is ridiculous slow though.

It always have been working that way. Close in to station too fast and gravity well will boost your speed and you will overshoot.

+1, precisely

Since this patch:

EVERY time I approach a station at 75% speed in SC, it gets to the point where there's a small lag spike, I presume when data for the station is being uploaded to me, then the ship starts to speed up and ultimately overshoots. It doesn't respond at all to the throttle and even moving it down to zero does nothing at all. The ONLY way to make it slow down is to fly up or down. It's really frustrating when you're flying a ship that has all the agility of a wet house brick.

This only used to happen before if I didn't slow down from 100% to 75% at around 175Ls at the latest. Now it's happening all the time.

Plus, if you approach an object, and another one in your way, you can cross it's gravity field. If you do so, the computer calculates the relative speed of this crossing object as well. That's why sometimes it says "slow down" far from the end of your approach. When you out, speed increasing drasticaly like you got a boost/push.
Don't get confused by the yellow circle around astronomical objects that's not the gravity field, this is why I usually fly away from the "equator" to get better view.
Not sure about this loading thing whether relates to this new update or not, I usually lagging at the very first travel when start playing, like the server computes and buffers everything that needs in space, not just station prefs, but npc and/or player system cruise effects (that's meteor like effect) and so on.

Last edited:
Wings are not working quite well in RES sites. It feels more like shooting fish in a barrel cause it's always one big ship alone against me and 10 cops or 2-3 sidewinders. Variety is nice but there is no real danger. There should be more wanted wings in greater numbers. If you go to strong signal there it works like it should be. It's dangerous. I am flying with my son and he's flying viper and I am flying vulture. Today we encountered anaconda and several cobras. We really had to fight cause there was always some one shooting us. They even got our shields down and did some hull damage. It was high five when anaconda exploded. You never get that kind of situation in RES sites. It would be nice to see a big gang coming in and trying to wipe all the ships in RES area. That would be dangerous. Not 1 or 2 ships at a time.

Wings are not working quite well in RES sites. It feels more like shooting fish in a barrel cause it's always one big ship alone against me and 10 cops or 2-3 sidewinders. Variety is nice but there is no real danger. There should be more wanted wings in greater numbers. If you go to strong signal there it works like it should be. It's dangerous. I am flying with my son and he's flying viper and I am flying vulture. Today we encountered anaconda and several cobras. We really had to fight cause there was always some one shooting us. They even got our shields down and did some hull damage. It was high five when anaconda exploded. You never get that kind of situation in RES sites. It would be nice to see a big gang coming in and trying to wipe all the ships in RES area. That would be dangerous. Not 1 or 2 ships at a time.

Maybe just don't go to RES sites then? Conflict zones instead?

Since this patch:

EVERY time I approach a station at 75% speed in SC, it gets to the point where there's a small lag spike, I presume when data for the station is being uploaded to me, then the ship starts to speed up and ultimately overshoots. It doesn't respond at all to the throttle and even moving it down to zero does nothing at all. The ONLY way to make it slow down is to fly up or down. It's really frustrating when you're flying a ship that has all the agility of a wet house brick.

This only used to happen before if I didn't slow down from 100% to 75% at around 175Ls at the latest. Now it's happening all the time.

Approach at 100% speed, when the TIME to target gets to :07 immediately reduce speed to 75%, easist to do if set up a key or button for 75% speed. If done right you'll not speed up and overshoot the target. If late reducing speed though then not much can do but let let shoot past, turn around and attempt again.

Last edited:
I have tried to post this in the 1.2 Bugs forum but not allowed...not sure if anyone else is suffering with the System map. Am exploring so using it a lot and everytime I jump into a new area, using a shortcut to open System Map, the first time I open it in each area it displays the previous Star system. If I close and re-open it displays where I am now. Nothing major, just an annoyance as I am jumping in and out of a few systems at the moment.

I have tried to post this in the 1.2 Bugs forum but not allowed...not sure if anyone else is suffering with the System map. Am exploring so using it a lot and everytime I jump into a new area, using a shortcut to open System Map, the first time I open it in each area it displays the previous Star system. If I close and re-open it displays where I am now. Nothing major, just an annoyance as I am jumping in and out of a few systems at the moment.

Yes, everybody is getting it, yes FD know about it, no the 1.2 beta bugs forum is the wrong place, but it is already posted in the right place.

They know about this for sure. Just open the system map via the galaxy map star tooltip for now, that works fine still from what I can see.

I'll add to this whine, as my updates generally run way more slowly than any other download I make. It's bearable for me- I set it to update and do something else for about 1-2 hours. The reported speed in the launcher bar is ridiculous slow though.

Just wonder - have you tried updating well after the update is launched? Or do you always do it fairly soon after? I'm wondering if the throttling happens as soon as a great deal of stress goes on the server (at patch release time for instance) or if it just seems permanently throttled?

I know my download speeds are atrocious as and when the patches are released, and that's on a 160mb cable line.

This game is SO much fun after the 1.2 update!
Im still waiting for the supercruize stuttering/FPS drops to be fixed though. Kind of gamebreaking when FPS drops down to 15fps and jumps around like mad near planets/suns etc (intel i7-5820k, 2x770 4gb SLI, running the game at 1440p). That fix posted last year didnt work at all.

+1, precisely

Plus, if you approach an object, and another one in your way, you can cross it's gravity field. If you do so, the computer calculates the relative speed of this crossing object as well. That's why sometimes it says "slow down" far from the end of your approach. When you out, speed increasing drasticaly like you got a boost/push.
Don't get confused by the yellow circle around astronomical objects that's not the gravity field, this is why I usually fly away from the "equator" to get better view.
Not sure about this loading thing whether relates to this new update or not, I usually lagging at the very first travel when start playing, like the server computes and buffers everything that needs in space, not just station prefs, but npc and/or player system cruise effects (that's meteor like effect) and so on.

Hirayama Installation is a station with a similar issue. When ever i approach that station it causes my game to crash. I know it's only that station that has the problem because it's part of my hauling route.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom