Winter 2023 DLC Speculation

If a petting zoo pack is wanted/needed.
I dont mind a petting zoo but who we consider a petting zoo?
I read in the forums a good choices of "petting zoo"
  • Rhea
  • Alpaca
  • African Spurred Turtle
  • Yak

Some animals like these that dont fut in farm animals we see like a cow, sheep, hen, pig, etc...
The idea could improve the interaction of guests and walkabout animals

Snub-nosed monkey are found in almost every major zoo in China. To some extent, it is a measure of the strength of a zoo.
Oh?

Well there you go. Not so non-existent in captivity then. I mean at least to me this changes picture of its inclusion in my head.

I mean we have stuff like Platypus...

Not saying I don't prefer some other choices still, but this is different to something completely omissioned from zoos

Last edited:
As for golden monkeys, I stand by my previous opinion. Its controversy is understandable, and for a long time I couldn't understand the obsession some players had with ABB. But when golden monkeys appeared in the community, with a lot of controversy, I understood at that moment how much some guys love ABB. Like I said before, a lot of times the prerequisite for people to like an animal is to see it. So it's not unusual for iconic animals from some regions to be unattractive to others.

A refined "indoor building" experience is something I'd very much look for in a sequel to this game (hopefully alongside a revamp of the exhibit system that would allow for custom sizes, refined lighting systems, etc). I don't think they had the kind of hyper-detailed interiors people want to make in mind when they initially developed the game.
I find using q and e on the keyboard to move up and down makes buildkng interiors tolerable. Trying to move any other way gets me stuck in the roof for somw unknown reason.
Also new question came to mind. Since recently we have seen animals who have almost no captivity presence in packs as “wildcards” if we do get Highlands/Alpine, what’s your non captivity animal?

I already know mine.
View attachment 374784
(Japanese Serow)
They aren't uncommon in Canada. They've got them at Granby, Assiniboine, and Calgary Zoo. I think they used to have them at Toronto Zoo, but that's an untrustworthy 30 year old memory. Between them being in most of the major zoos and being a ZT2 animal I had no idea they were considered uncommon in captivity before hearing it on these forums.

I actually like the idea of the thorny devil, the rest though....
the thorny devil while I would love to see it is very difficult to keep in captivity due to its diet so its rare in zoos even within australia and would probably be a very controversial pick still doesnt mean I dont want it though.
Eurasia. It's actually the pack idea that's been suggested I most would want, though I think it's a long shot. Reminder (and this wasn't my idea, I think it was Missconceptions but I can't tag them for some reason..

Wolverine
Muskox
Walrus
Eurasian Brown Bear
Saiga Antelope
Wild Boar
Wisent
WTE: Flying Squirrel.

Originally I took their idea and subbed out the EEB for the Eurasian Otter, but I was thinking we'd get the EEB in the anniversary. I'd like to keep the EBB in, do want a third and non-tropical otter, so I'd probably take out the Walrus - oddly I just feel like the Walrus is the least "Eurasian" of the pack.
great pack except remove the brown bear unless you want to start riots and make the squirrel take its place then put anything else in the jail.
Yeah same here, I looked into it and turned out a wildlife park on the west coast of america discovered that the dogs helped calm cheetahs down in small and busier zoos. It doesn't seem to have spread anywhere else.
probably because a dog in an exhibit isnt something other zoos want us to see ruins immersion
Even mosquitos keep certain bat and bird species from extinction. Horrible though they are, everything has its place in the ecosystem. We just need a cure for malaria and really good repellant.

So yeah, snub nose monkey is fine! And look...the baby is...so polite 🥺
View attachment 374817
we have a malaria cure/treatment the only problem is accessibility and distrabution like many diseases
I like the snub nosed monkey but it taking the place of a gelda or baboon is a no they are different animals that fill different niches both have a place in the game but shouldnt be comparable.
What if… Coastal Pack?

• Australian sea lion
  • leopard seal
  • southern elephant seal
  • Adelie penguin
  • walrus
  • sea otter
  • manatee
  • puffin walkthrough
great idea but not many people would approve of 3 seals and another penguin in the same pack save that energy for an antartica pack. Also why is it when anyone brings up the elephant seals its the southern and never the northern.

here is my roster for this pack idea it is still highly unlikely due to workload but pick 5 and make a scenery pack and it could work
  • marine iguana
  • sea otter
  • walrus or any other pinniped
  • coconut crab
  • australian pelican or any other pelican
  • rockhopper penguin or any other penguin
  • white stork or any other stork or flamingo
  • some sort of aquatic / rockpool themed invertebrate like crabs, sea urchins or sea cucumbers.

I know this has been done and done and done to death, but I personally haven't done much of it yet and hype season is now open. So the question is:
What if it's not a highland/tundra/mountains pack* AND it's not a Latin/Central/South America/Amazon pack. What then might it be? Your votes please.
If it's not one of those, I think an "adaptations" or more general pack could work nicely for a theme. It could work in virtually any of the highly-requested animals (along with some of the lesser-requested species speculated for a Latin America or highlands/mountain/tundra pack). Secretary bird, walrus, tree kangaroo, wolverine and such would all be in play. Only issue I'd have with this? It would feel like a "send-off" pack (especially if they loaded it up with top 10 animals).

"Arboreal/treetops" is another obvious pick. It could work in at least two top 10 species and lean heavily into Latin America for other picks. The one flaw I see in this pack idea is the lack of an ungulate. But still... I think it's a possibility if we're taking those other two off the table (as it could still lean into highly requested animals)!

You are from china right? Are snubnose monkeys a common sight over there?
He already said that they are super iconic there and are staples of every zoo. Things I also told you months ago but nobody listened.
1700556817469.jpeg

Last edited:
He is useless and unrealistic. What is to like?
insane a grey fox fan is saying this about an objectively better addition, the golden snub-nosed monkey is cute I would like it :)

Also I agree with marvin a lot regarding the arid pack, had it been a little different it would have been one of the best packs of this year, but it got ruined by 2 bad picks and a snake nobody asked for. I can understand why they would want to keep the baboon as a big selling point for alpine, which otherwise doesn't have that many big sellers, but why they added yet another antelope (not even one of the mainly requested ones) instead of the African spurred tortoise and a viper instead of the cobra is still beyond me. How could they even consider the dama gazelle a good idea?? As if the addax wasn't boring enough when we already have the scimitar oryx which literally fills the exact same role.

And now some people will say "oh but I liked the addax and the dama :(", like I couldn't care less you like them, they are literally the reason why the pack did poorly and it's considered one of the worst packs yet.

insane a grey fox fan is saying this about an objectively better addition, the golden snub-nosed monkey is cute I would like it :)

Also I agree with marvin a lot regarding the arid pack, had it been a little different it would have been one of the best packs of this year, but it got ruined by 2 bad picks and a snake nobody asked for. I can understand why they would want to keep the baboon as a big selling point for alpine, which otherwise doesn't have that many big sellers, but why they added yet another antelope (not even one of the mainly requested ones) instead of the African spurred tortoise and a viper instead of the cobra is still beyond me. How could they even consider the dama gazelle a good idea?? As if the addax wasn't boring enough when we already have the scimitar oryx which literally fills the exact same role.

And now some people will say "oh but I liked the addax and the dama :(", like I couldn't care less you like them, they are literally the reason why the pack did poorly and it's considered one of the worst packs yet.
Addax was not bad ranked in the Meta Wishlist. I clearly would call it a requested pick.
Edit: And in my opinion neither boring and also in conservation terms a good Pick.

I wanted the addax still after the oryx was added. Never thought about the dama gazelle. I like that we have it but it felt like too many ungulates in one pack. Also i was never interesed in the somalí wild ass and i think the rhino could have fit better in another theme. I was kind of expecting the sand cat though. And yeah the snake doesn't even have any nice animation that shows how it moves or burry in the sand which are like their main features. At least with things like the scarab beatle they push around balls of dung lol Not adding a cobra or really any other desert reptiles that was at least requested

Top Bottom