[FEDERATION] Winters Wolves are recruiting new members

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
246.jpg

JOIN WINTERS WOLVES TODAY

Welcome to Winter's Wolves, CMDR's, We are a squadron with a long history and time in the galaxy. We would love to have you join us in our endeavors.

Winter's Wolves are a Felicia Winter's aligned squadron, however, it's not required you be pledged to her. We have existed for a few years and would love to have some new players join. We are based in 41 Lambda Hydrae, (30-ish ly from Rhea).

We are an RP group (RP is optional) that builds our story around powerplay events and the players surrounding it.

While optional, we do participate in BGS and we have our own minor faction present in over 40 systems.

We're a community that attempts to make ourselves as open as possible, anyone is free to join regardless of Elite experience. We try our best to make the game as enjoyable as possible.

If you're interested, please join one or more of the following:

INARA

Discord

[WWRE] Winters Wolves Resurgence

Last edited:
Hi,

Saw this thread on the froum, and thought ooh - a Fed/Winters player group, as a person who felt Haisley was a tad hard done by, thought I would take a look.

Doing my research, I am a tad confused. How Fed are you?

You are independent, seem to be seeking independence again,and claim Sapites Silver Bridge, The Union of Pandhis Future and the Union of Herz 13422 Clans as "prey", so I presume enemy? So not just independents for your home system, but destabalising the Federation from within.

Sapites Silver Bridge - Federation Corporate
The Union of Pandhis Future - Federation Democracy (Political)
Union of Herz 13422 - Federation Democracy (Political)

So you appear to be anti Federation, not Federation aligned.

What am I missing in your narrative to explain the difference in this thread and your Inara description?

Thanks
Simon

Hi,

Saw this thread on the froum, and thought ooh - a Fed/Winters player group, as a person who felt Haisley was a tad hard done by, thought I would take a look.

Doing my research, I am a tad confused. How Fed are you?

You are independent, seem to be seeking independence again,and claim Sapites Silver Bridge, The Union of Pandhis Future and the Union of Herz 13422 Clans as "prey", so I presume enemy? So not just independents for your home system, but destabalising the Federation from within.

Sapites Silver Bridge - Federation Corporate
The Union of Pandhis Future - Federation Democracy (Political)
Union of Herz 13422 - Federation Democracy (Political)

So you appear to be anti Federation, not Federation aligned.

What am I missing in your narrative to explain the difference in this thread and your Inara description?

Thanks
Simon

As much as I wish I could answer your question, our founder was sporadic when posting about our current state. As we have been around for about five years, our alignment has changed and fluctuated. As of now, I can confirm that we are wholeheartedly Winters Aligned. We work closely with FLC, FUC, OTC, and have many Federal allies.

Sorry for the confusion, but unfortunately going through all of our founder's documents from over the years is an arduous task and I gave up on making sure everything was correct a while ago.

On a side note, I'm sorry about how long this response took as I don't often frequent the forums. If you want to come and communicate with us, the best way is through our discord server (posted in the ad).

Last edited:
Hello Titlo3,

Thanks for replying, it is appreciated, many things in ED are not black and white (or red and blue) - as indeed with the Winter Wolves alegiance over the years.

I will pop along on the Discord for further info.

Thanks
Simon

Just to shed some light into the situation, before some misinterpretation of the events and wild speculations will appear:
  • Winters Wolves were created from nothing by N.R.Crosby and such squadron was also created on Inara five years ago.
  • After long N.R.Crosby's hiatus I was asked by WW members to transfer the squadron leadership on Inara to another officer, so squadron's operations won't be crippled by a missing squadron leader. As the conditions were met and as an act of a good will, I transferred the leadership there.
  • The original owner, N.R.Crosby returned and as apparently the situation inside WW was problematic after that (judging from the outcome, it's none of my business otherwise), I was asked to reinstate him as a squadron leader - which I have rejected as the squadron moved on meanwhile and I consider it as an unfair step towards the existing squadron.
  • But, as almost all the squadron documents were written by N.R.Crosby, as he was the registrant of the Winters Wolves faction with Frontier and as he is an original creator and also owns Winters Wolves squadron in the game, I complied with the request and transferred/re-assigned these assets to a new squadron N.R.Crosby have created. After all, as the author of the assets mentioned and also a holder of the in-game squadron (which was also created years ago), I consider his claims as legitimate.

It's a situation I have not asked to be involved in. But as it happened, my efforts were to act in the best interest of both parties involved and to minimize damages done (as both parties apparently weren't successful to find another solution). One extreme was to reinstate the old squadron leader. The other extreme was to simply reject all the valid claims and ignore the whole situation. Both are a wrong way, thus the solution that was made. :)

Last edited:
Artie, I think you probably made the right call, don't get me wrong. But Crosby lied to our faces when this happened and gave us no opportunity to prepare, instead leaving our entire group in the dark. Additionally he goes out of his way to villify a group that tried to do right by him. Calling us traitors and bad stewards because we simply continued a group he founded and left to die when he went inactive for about a year and a half. We offered him a position on our leadership council and then demanded for systems that were given over to another faction by a person who would've been the defacto leader of the original WW squadron, starting arguments with our new allies, and all around being a paranoid annoyance to everyone involved, we tried to sort it out, we told him there would always be a place for him with us, but when things didn't go his way, he said he was leaving the group to form the "Shadow Wolves", a sort of anti WW group. Something suggested by his therapist and that we were in full support of, little did we know he went behind our backs to make a new WW squadron without so much of a word. In fact while all of this was happening he "faked his character's death" in order to throw us off, and by that I mean, he said he was going to kill off his character and then he didn't.

By all means it's crosby's IP and he has a right to it. But he went behind everyone's backs by telling us he was leaving to start the "shadow wolves" and then shortly after he claimed all our assets, posting comments on all our ads calling us frauds and trying to steal members that we've gained over the past six months. Crosby crossed a line here by not filling us in. He didn't even PM me when this happened. I had to find out when I was checking the inara page to find that everything was gone. This could've been solved peacefully, but Crosby left us in the dark and lied to our face. Crosby and his "Wolves Pledge" are nothing but a farce. He's a narcissistic leader that treats everyone around him like a pawn. Now we're left in the dark trying desperately to recuperate and there's only one person to shift the blame to.

I appreciate all the work you do for inara, but I think it's for the best that next time, you reach out and get both sides of the situation instead of one that comes from someone as biased and manipulative as N.R. Crosby. We have numerous screenshots that show that he lied to our faces and gave us no time to prepare for this. He did it intentionally to cripple us.

I thank you for the solution you found, as transferring ownership of a squadron that's been maintained by multiple people that aren't the founder would've been even worse for us, but I also think it would've been worthwhile to try and understand the situation before acting.

Thank you.

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it! To be honest, in situations like this the "background story" plays almost no role in the decisions (I always use objectively verifiable facts, like records from the logs, etc.). Partly because people may simply lie about some things (and I am not telling that you or Crosby are lying here, certainly not) and partly because it's none of my business (as I have stated before). In other words, I always want to have the solution as most fair as possible and "bulletproof" to all parties involved, although I understand in situations like this neither side will be completely satisfied and there always will be some damages. Unfortunately, that's a necessary evil in every disagreement when no "peaceful" solution is found.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I have closed this thread. I think it is clear that some things have changed along the way and I need to remind everyone, again it seems, that this forum is not for discussing personal issues you have with each other.

Furthermore the groups forum is for recruiting only. As I have seen one of the off-shoots create a separate thread, I think it's best this one just stays closed and then all parties can go their separate ways.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom