In-Development [WIP] LCARS Interface & X52 Pro integration with Journal API

eH6gJc

Some genral information about this project

• The program was programmed in C++ using SFML for the user interface
  • The program makes use of the Journal API. The goal is to implement all events and displaying them in a useful way
  • The UI is very similar to how you would find it in LCARS 47. However I tried to make use of colors in order to show different information, so everything is not a random mess, but actual information.
  • LCARS Style is more Nemesis style (LCARS 47 is, and this is UI wise pretty much a copy). However, I like the TNG interface style better, so I might change this in the future
  • The UI can only be customized in the source code itself at the moment. However I plan to change this in the future, most likely through a XML file
  • The same goes for X52 Pro integreation. It relies on a specific layout. This will be customizable through XML in the future
  • Network feaures to connect a Tablet is planned for Windows x86 tablets only
  • Due to the DirectOutput.dll, this project is 64 bit only
  • Currently this program is standalone, but I plan to make it a VoiceAttack plugin
  • Input via the interface is not possible yet, however the buttons are reacting to your actions, and you can enable and disable the alert conditions through it.
  • The program will be Open Source

Elite LCARS - A project for all Trekkies with a 2nd monitor.

Elite: Dangerous is a very nice game, maby the best space simulator out there. With the integration of the Joural API Frontier gave us the opportunity to create more tools to customize and expand the experience of it. Me being a Star Trek fan I always wanted to have a game like Elite: Dangerous. But the Star Trek component was missing. With this I tried to add a bit of this back into the game.

[video=youtube;LkVVrAZASms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkVVrAZASms&t=8s[/video]

X52 Pro Integration - Making use of the MFD and LEDs in the stick.

Probably as many of us, I own a X52 Pro Joystick. I liked the idea of a MFD and customizable lights. But the MFD wasn't integrated at all and the lights static, to you could also leave them just out. But recently I discovered the X52 Pro DirectOutput.dll, which is a library which enables you to take control of these features. What I made are buttons, which react to your and ingame actions. So for example when you activate the landing gear, the light turns green, when it is up the light is off, and when it is unavailable it is yellow. It may become a standalone tool (with full customization options)

If you want to know more about the X52 Pro SDK, check out my post:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...use-X52-Pro-SDK-making-us-of-the-MFD-and-LEDs

[video=youtube;6tvzRdv-MGc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tvzRdv-MGc[/video]

Last edited:
This looks good, both the LCARS and MFD with customizable lights.

Any plans on using the black areas in the LCARS, journal entries would be nice, the ability to select entry types in the top and bottom panels would be even better.

This looks good, both the LCARS and MFD with customizable lights.

Any plans on using the black areas in the LCARS, journal entries would be nice, the ability to select entry types in the top and bottom panels would be even better.

I am currently working on a new system for the interface which should come much closer to what the TNG interface looked like, and it will also make use of what originally was the vision of LCARS. It will rearrange itself on-the-fly when the current state changes, and it will offer customization options
eT5CWT

Hi,

I really like the LCARS panel :) ! I'm trying to improve my dashboard too, but without programming knowledge, so I have to search for other enthusiasts with the same idea to make steps forward in case of the displays. So I'm using now the G19s Companion App, StatusDisplay, and HoneyView for displaying animgifs at events, all controlled by VoiceAttack.

It looks like this:

OVUkmEV.jpg

If you'd create the customizable panel, I can imagine a status feedback panel in the top-right, would fit perfectly :) .

Great work!

O7

Top Bottom