Witch Head Nebula... Is that for real?

I can personally confirm they are there and weren't placed. I choose witch head to explore last week because I've never been there and I found several barnacle planets and even a thargoid "base". I do admit that most everything out there has been discovered already.
Well that's cool. I wonder if this was a prerequisite (a CMDR actually had to find / confirm these) or just dumb luck that people found barnacles where Frontier wanted them to find barnacles. If the former, I sure wish Frontier had been up front about that - I would have tried harder during the last CG.

Well, this is the Witch Head Sector, this region spans far outside of the nebula itself. I only searched all stars and worlds within the actual nebula. The codex says that Barnicles are found within Nebula.
If these new sites are found near but not inside of, then isnt the Codex wrong?

Im not in game right now, so maybe i read it wrong.

That sector is one of multiple systems in Witch Head nebula that has barnacles, some of which are already dead. Filter on Pan Piper's spreadsheet below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...3GQhC5KT-o9u05ihWKXebt4BcM/edit#gid=223643326

Last edited:
Well that's cool. I wonder if this was a prerequisite (a CMDR actually had to find / confirm these) or just dumb luck that people found barnacles where Frontier wanted them to find barnacles. If the former, I sure wish Frontier had been up front about that - I would have tried harder during the last CG.
I don't know if it was a coincidence; but I have read other CMDR's since say they went there as well. I did do a DSS and I actually took the time to drop in to analyze them and get the codex entry. I have no idea if it was all predetermined by FD and just dumb luck i happened to scan the same area they determined or if we actually did determine the area by our actions. I personally would like to think I had something to do with it but well never know unless they come out and specifically say so. All I can say for certain is the barnacles out there were already there beforehand and werent placed by FD after the fact.

I wanted to go to Witch Head but couldnt find away around so spent my time on part 1 in Californa found nothing maybe after this is done some permits will be dropped one can dream

Top Bottom