Horizons With minimal planetary content - Surface Trading keep Horizons planet interaction viable?

Love the game. Been here for a year. After the fun of landing on a planet wears off, there isn't much to do on planets that also allows me to upgrade from my vulture. I love the exploring, but I need to make SOME coin on par with how I can in the rest of the game and so far Horizons missions pales in comparison to grinding combat or trade.

With this in mind....

What do you guys think? Would trading routes from planetary surface bases to space and then back and forth at least keep it on par with making money in the game at the same rate I could be grinding trading or combat? But at least we get to keep going on and off planets and have the fun of Horizons there as we trade? Anyone planning on doing this? Also, would like a trade tool to state rates of surface planets but can't figure out how to get Thrudds ETT to only display surface planet trade routes?

Thoughts?

I can confirm you can make a bomb using the Planetary Settlements in your route, assuming you can find a nice one where just shipping stuff from orbit to the surface and back makes decent money.

After the fun of landing on a planet wears off

Really? How in the hell could that ever happen? So many different planets to see out there......none identical to the one before. As with the first Season, I believe that we will see a significant expansion in the things we can do-both in Space & on planetary surfaces....also probably along with yet more tweaks to existing missions & the PoI system. Passenger missions & Tier 2 NPC's is what I'm most waiting for!

I think its important to remeber that FD like to put out there games one bit at a time.
currently we have planets and SRV content , everything on the planets outside of the ports is aimed at the SRV , however I can promise that over time more stuff will be added.
I do wish FD communicated a bit better because it is a bit confusing and I am nervious as to how fast the ship content for planets will arrive

Really? How in the hell could that ever happen? So many different planets to see out there......none identical to the one before. As with the first Season, I believe that we will see a significant expansion in the things we can do-both in Space & on planetary surfaces....also probably along with yet more tweaks to existing missions & the PoI system. Passenger missions & Tier 2 NPC's is what I'm most waiting for!

I agree. It hasn't COMPLETELY worn off at all. and i still enjoy it. I type fast and don't always take the time to extrapolate. I more mean, besides the fun of exploring... I need to make some coin on par with what I could make in RES or trading.

1 - How can I do so with trading and incorporating using planets?

2 - How specifically can I use an online / trading tool to make this happen?

Thanks!

I think its important to remeber that FD like to put out there games one bit at a time.
currently we have planets and SRV content , everything on the planets outside of the ports is aimed at the SRV , however I can promise that over time more stuff will be added.
I do wish FD communicated a bit better because it is a bit confusing and I am nervious as to how fast the ship content for planets will arrive

I do recall, in a previous Dev Update or Livestream, that one of the developers noted their plans for bringing in more planetary vehicles & the ability to upgrade existing vehicles. I'm hoping that this will lead to us having to have different vehicles for different mission types-with the added bonus that this will put even greater emphasis on co-operative game play within the Open Game. Looting will also add a new element for planet-based game-play, & I *really* hope that they'll eventually allow us to set up our own bases of operation, planet-side.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I agree. It hasn't COMPLETELY worn off at all. and i still enjoy it. I type fast and don't always take the time to extrapolate. I more mean, besides the fun of exploring... I need to make some coin on par with what I could make in RES or trading.

1 - How can I do so with trading and incorporating using planets?

2 - How specifically can I use an online / trading tool to make this happen?

Thanks!

Hmm, don't be too surprised if a future update will allow you to set up one of those automated mining facilities like we currently get as a Point of Interest. I do suspect that Season 2 will expand the number of things you can do whilst planet-side.....outside of exploration!

I hope they make the bases a bit tougher before they upgrade or include another vehicle. I took out my first attempt by sneaking in, jumping over 2 'force field' protected gates activating the mission targets, took out all gun placements in and around the base ..... all in my little SRV ! ...... Then just strolled out and back to my ship. My first attempt ! Really to easy....... and I'm not even Dangerous !

Any answers 2 my two questions above please? thanks

No answer to question 2, but Planetary settlements have a number of commodities that can only be purchased there-not in space. My advice is to look into trading those goods & see if you can get a good profit going!

Aye, they have a habit of putting out buggy, unfinished content, calling it complete, and charging exorbitant prices for what is essentially a work in progress. They're also the only company I know that charges MORE money for beta access to the game they're hawking.

Don't mind me, I'm just upset that most of the bugs reported by other players during the beta period are still around. I checked the archived reports to be sure.

Aye, they have a habit of putting out buggy, unfinished content, calling it complete, and charging exorbitant prices for what is essentially a work in progress. They're also the only company I know that charges MORE money for beta access to the game they're hawking.

Don't mind me, I'm just upset that most of the bugs reported by other players during the beta period are still around. I checked the archived reports to be sure.
Expensive? no.
Landing on planets is what 10-15 euros? sins the 60 you pay goes to about 5 DLCs not one.
nothing in games is ever finished.
for example :
Star wars jedi knight Darkforces 2 is that game finished? yeah kind off its mostly bug free and so on but it still has levels that never made it to the final game and one or two bugs , and that game is no longer patched.
I feel that you can only complain about something being unfinished when
it does not work at all as intended (horizons does work , yes it disapoints in some ways for me its the surface bases attacks that I find upsetting)
or
its abandoned and not patched.

You payed for it , its there job to deliver but until they stop doing so they have done nothing wrong making games this big is hard

Top Bottom