World of Warships Vol. 2

Yeah, I'm an IJN main, but effectively playing all other nation with the exception of Ruski ships - however, I refuse to sail under oppressive communist symbols.

The game is indeed getting more toxic, a shame really because otherwise the gameplay concept is really spot-on.
*WAS really spot on
As long as it was a surface ship-to-ship combat. And as long as all ships had advantages and disadvantages.
I also refuse to play Soviet ships. For two reasons. 1) They are not real ships and 2) They are OP AF and I'm not even talking about the newly announced ones.

A light cruiser bigger and better plated than some BBs with a detection range of 9km, range of 19km, 1000m/s shells and 5s reload with 12km range radar and 1500 DPS AA.

Hah. And we thought Smolensk was OP. We ain't seen nothing yet.
We don't have to look further than to WoT to see where they're heading. In WoT there are currently more soviet T8-10 medium tanks than there are of all other nations combined and which are all better in every way than any other medium tank. And as for heavies, well, they ran out of options of making them more OP so the new line has two main guns that you can fire simultaneously for double damage or separately for double reload speed.
I mean... it's a Russian game for Russian players. They can't make it any more obvious. The only reason why they pretend it's for everybody is that everybody is giving them money. I stopped doing that. Maybe everybody should.

*WAS really spot on
As long as it was a surface ship-to-ship combat. And as long as all ships had advantages and disadvantages.
I also refuse to play Soviet ships. For two reasons. 1) They are not real ships and 2) They are OP AF and I'm not even talking about the newly announced ones.

A light cruiser bigger and better plated than some BBs with a detection range of 9km, range of 19km, 1000m/s shells and 5s reload with 12km range radar and 1500 DPS AA.

Hah. And we thought Smolensk was OP. We ain't seen nothing yet.
We don't have to look further than to WoT to see where they're heading. In WoT there are currently more soviet T8-10 medium tanks than there are of all other nations combined and which are all better in every way than any other medium tank. And as for heavies, well, they ran out of options of making them more OP so the new line has two main guns that you can fire simultaneously for double damage or separately for double reload speed.
I mean... it's a Russian game for Russian players. They can't make it any more obvious. The only reason why they pretend it's for everybody is that everybody is giving them money. I stopped doing that. Maybe everybody should.

This is why I said 'concept', the core slow-mo artillery gameplay.
I think the new ships will be nerfed, but only to the point of slightly OP - OK in the hands of a normal player, total monster int he hands of a better one. The community will take the pill, adapt and and move on.

Still, the thing that irritates the most in this game is the consistency of bad MM/RNG over periods of time.
First 20 matches with Shima went well - the past 7-8 all of them were lost right from the start - all too often the first 1-2 minute it can be seen where and how the ships move. The same sh*t happened to the Zao and a number of other ships. 60% WR, all normal up to 20-50 matches, then relentless series of losses.
That is MM, the other thing is the BB dispersion, for entire sessions I just can't deal damage because it's all overpens, ricochets (Yamato shells on a barely angled Smolensk, why not?), or consistently splashing around ships.
When this breaks down, gameplay with the otherwise fun Georgia becomes a joke... 4-6 shells splash 100m from each other.

Again, I can deal with RNG, but when RNG becomes consistently bad or good, then something must be off.

Ehh, I think I'll need to take a break from this game.

Last game I played:

Team: Hey! You! Lowest Tier DD!
Ralph: Uh, yeah?
Team: Go cap that empty area for us!
Ralph: I'm probably going to die first...
Team: DO IT, SCRUB!
Ralph: Well, OK. Just to be nice.
Ralph moves to empty cap, spots 4+ contacts, all two tiers up from him. Team hides behind islands. Ralph runs, uses smoke, gets blapped/deleted.
Ralph: Well, I died for you.
Team: YOU FAIL! You didn't hold the cap!

And people wonder why I stay in Solo in Elite.

Last game I played:

Ralph moves to empty cap, spots 4+ contacts, all two tiers up from him. Team hides behind islands. Ralph runs, uses smoke, gets blapped/deleted.

Well, WoWs has coop PvE and the operations (or whatsitcalled). They are a bit more fun.

Last game I played:

It's pretty bad at times.
There was one match though, when our team steamrolled the other, at one point one of the opponents complained that all their ships are above line C (i.e. top two lines of the map) - what followed was a rare example of having sarcastic and at times outright funny replies how they failed as a team, none of the comments were offending anyone.
I repped almost all them for good manners. :)

Elite, solo or private lounge would be perfect if NPC would pose any threat. I played open only for having any sort of actual risk in playing the game.
It has been now a year though since the last time I played. Every time I feel the urge to re-install, I visit the Dangerous forum and quickly reconsider seeing the apathy.

At the moment, I feel like only MS Flight Sim 2020 has the potential to dethrone WOWs as the 'daily driver'.

Well, WoWs has coop PvE and the operations (or whatsitcalled). They are a bit more fun.
Yes, co-op is there, but pays only half of what randoms do. Remember all the arguments over here that Open should pay more? Randoms don't seem to attract better players, for better pay.

I should note that the team lost that battle, horribly. The MM has been inhaling, again....

It's pretty bad at times.
There was one match though, when our team steamrolled the other, at one point one of the opponents complained that all their ships are above line C (i.e. top two lines of the map) - what followed was a rare example of having sarcastic and at times outright funny replies how they failed as a team, none of the comments were offending anyone.
I repped almost all them for good manners. :)

Elite, solo or private lounge would be perfect if NPC would pose any threat. I played open only for having any sort of actual risk in playing the game.
It has been now a year though since the last time I played. Every time I feel the urge to re-install, I visit the Dangerous forum and quickly reconsider seeing the apathy.

At the moment, I feel like only MS Flight Sim 2020 has the potential to dethrone WOWs as the 'daily driver'.
I'm gonna need a new box. :(

Yes, co-op is there, but pays only half of what randoms do. Remember all the arguments over here that Open should pay more? Randoms don't seem to attract better players, for better pay.

I should note that the team lost that battle, horribly. The MM has been inhaling, again....
Regarding the MM - Tiers 6, 7 and 8 now get the short side of the stick, imo, being bottom tier 80-90% of the time.
T9 is now the most "fair"-feeling tier as you get majority of the games where you are
a) top tier, which means lower-tier carriers and battleships
b) One-tier MM (all T9) which means NO carriers and equal opportunity for everybody. Those couple T10 matches you get, you just suffer through.

Other than that, you have to stick below T5, where people are somewhat inexperienced in general and therefore MM and tiers don't matter as much. It's also where the ships are most unbalanced, though.

Regarding the MM - Tiers 6, 7 and 8 now get the short side of the stick, imo, being bottom tier 80-90% of the time.
T9 is now the most "fair"-feeling tier as you get majority of the games where you are
a) top tier, which means lower-tier carriers and battleships
b) One-tier MM (all T9) which means NO carriers and equal opportunity for everybody. Those couple T10 matches you get, you just suffer through.

Other than that, you have to stick below T5, where people are somewhat inexperienced in general and therefore MM and tiers don't matter as much. It's also where the ships are most unbalanced, though.

Yeah, T6 has been pretty difficult lately, T5 is OK, below T5 is flooded with CVs (literally).
T9 is on a nice spot indeed, though ship diversity is a bit meh with often 2-3 Jean Barts per team.

Yeah, T6 has been pretty difficult lately, T5 is OK, below T5 is flooded with CVs (literally).
T9 is on a nice spot indeed, though ship diversity is a bit meh with often 2-3 Jean Barts per team.
Ship diversity?

I haven't seen many Gorizia's or PR's, recently...

I've got lots of T5 ships. I will probably have one T9 ship later this month. The RN CA event raises no excitement with me, as I have Hawkins. :)

There are new ships coming that are supposed to be super-ships. It has nothing to do with the drop in players on the RU server, I'm assured.

Okay, I may put of my hat and eat it - even though I said no to Soviet ships, I am now seriously considering buying the Smolensk. I have 300k plus coal, so with a coupon it will be less than 200k, and with that I'll have something for the upcoming ranked arms race.

Okay, I may put of my hat and eat it - even though I said no to Soviet ships, I am now seriously considering buying the Smolensk. I have 300k plus coal, so with a coupon it will be less than 200k, and with that I'll have something for the upcoming ranked arms race.
Chances are, it will disappear like Enterprise...

Chances are, it will disappear like Enterprise...

Yeah, it will be removed in two months or so.
Played four matches with it, it is just a monster. Not only outright damage, but with proper positioning it can scare off entire flanks while even with decent cover everyone aims for it, leaving other ships in the open (DDs, cruisers) to operate freely.

I don't think any other T10 ship I have comes close to its presence and influence on the match.

Played four matches with it, it is just a monster. Not only outright damage, but with proper positioning it can scare off entire flanks while even with decent cover everyone aims for it, leaving other ships in the open (DDs, cruisers) to operate freely.

I don't think any other T10 ship I have comes close to its presence and influence on the match.
When I heard they are going to remove it from armory, I installed the game and went to buy it. Played two games in it, both over 200k damage, first in the team. (Normally I only have a single digit of cruiser games over 100k)
So yeah, if I ever return to playing regularly, I'm gonna use Smolensk to relax after series of defeats in my favourite power-crept ships. It will be my favourite T11 ship

Which is why it's going away for good.

Next event will be European Destroyers. Public Test is rolling out tomorrow.

Also, on the forums, there was much declaiming that Smolensk was not OP. I think those posters got pardons on Tuesday, or something...

Top Bottom