World of Warships Vol. 2

I only have destroyed one, as at least twice the target was finished by someone else. I caused something like 45k damage on a Kongo, yet the last 130hp was taken by a DD. :)
Good team play, some people get hung up a bit too much on actual kills for leader boards.. What counts is armour trading vs enemy team, you are supposed to lose less than the armour you remove from them, at high level it's a numbers game...

Goose4291

Banned
Finally got my Gallant in the RN event

o6U9lvX.jpg

Managed to pick up the Acasta and Icarus from the random boxes as well. Working on getting the Warspite next.

Goose4291

Banned
I am looking forward to the Submarines that are coming next year, although I suspect it'll be some time before we get some RN submarines. Which is a shame, because the inter-war years designs are to put it subtley, absolutely bonkers.

I am looking forward to the Submarines that are coming next year, although I suspect it'll be some time before we get some RN submarines. Which is a shame, because the inter-war years designs are to put it subtley, absolutely bonkers.

Did they announce something officially?
As far as I'm aware, the subs are just a halloween thing.

Goose4291

Banned
Good team play, some people get hung up a bit too much on actual kills for leader boards.. What counts is armour trading vs enemy team, you are supposed to lose less than the armour you remove from them, at high level it's a numbers game...

Regarding teamwork, my favourite LOL-worthy moment is when you're capping the enemy base and a torrent of abuse comes at you from your team mates in badly damaged cruisers because they want to try to beat a undamaged battleship

Regarding teamwork, my favourite LOL-worthy moment is when you're capping the enemy base and a torrent of abuse comes at you from your team mates in badly damaged cruisers because they want to try to beat a undamaged battleship
Well an "undamaged battleship" didnt play the game or help the team... Understandable that CA players are not amused that when they had to take all sorts of risks and abuse, some BB with its paint still fresh and shiny walks in a cap zone when the game is over and gets free points. BB are supposed to be the main armor for the team... Camping BB's are usually the reason for team losses.

Goose4291

Banned
Well an "undamaged battleship" didnt play the game or help the team... Understandable that CA players are not amused that when they had to take all sorts of risks and abuse, some BB with its paint still fresh and shiny walks in a cap zone when the game is over and gets free points. BB are supposed to be the main armor for the team... Camping BB's are usually the reason for team losses.

I think you misunderstand me.

I'm saying, for example that on our team there are 3 players left in badly damaged Cruisers, and one enemy BB on the other. Fearing loss, I got to cap their spawn, safely knowing that our team will get a victory.

At which point the abuse aimed at me for capping comes from my own team.

I think you misunderstand me.

I'm saying, for example that on our team there are 3 players left in badly damaged Cruisers, and one enemy BB on the other. Fearing loss, I got to cap their spawn, safely knowing that our team will get a victory.

At which point the abuse aimed at me for capping comes from my own team.

Oh yeah lol sorry, i have been in the other case (totally brand new BB at the end of the game on *my* team..) so many times i took it for granted.

What i noticed is many people even at upper tiers (8+) still do not understand how the game is played and the meaning of cap zones.. especially egregious is the "king of the hill" timed center cap game, where i have seen 0 damage games since the whole team went camping on the map border, leaving no one inside the timed cap :-D

Oh yeah lol sorry, i have been in the other case (totally brand new BB at the end of the game on *my* team..) so many times i took it for granted.

What i noticed is many people even at upper tiers (8+) still do not understand how the game is played and the meaning of cap zones.. especially egregious is the "king of the hill" timed center cap game, where i have seen 0 damage games since the whole team went camping on the map border, leaving no one inside the timed cap :-D

Yeah. Honestly, after a game like this, I usually take a break for a couple of days...

It happens WAY too often that after 5 minutes of the game I am the only one trying to play the objective. In a bloody Atlanta. If I'm extremely lucky, I have one DD with me. It's frustrating.

It happens WAY too often that after 5 minutes of the game I am the only one trying to play the objective. In a bloody Atlanta. If I'm extremely lucky, I have one DD with me. It's frustrating.
There's also a thing with unexperienced players being mostly in BB's (as they find a false sense of security in the heavier armor), thus compromising the heaviest armor and biggest guns of the team. Playing a BB is actually the most difficult as you have to carefully anticipate all your movements and enemy team movements, and be always angled properly, have the correct ammo loaded ahead of time etc. While with a stealth DD (and some light CA's) there is a lot of margin for improvisation, dodging ability, reset your position, swap flanks, in a BB it's just impossible to change course or mitigate a bad positioning.

Sure thing, and I was not disappointed by that. At the end I brawled into cap zones, but a BB without DD/CA support is dead meat. It was a great team.

What I realized, that the lack of need to grind or being fixed only on the results at the end is as beneficial in this game is in Elite. I am willing to take risks for another teammate when support is requested - enjoyable gameplay trumps the numbers and virtual money on the screen.
Nowadays I'm usually starting my session in Tier 3, Tier 4 I can usually still hand in good results - above it is luck how the team and early match plays out. The Kongo gets often into Tier 7 matches, that's when I'm playing it as a battlecruiser, and take more risks...

Yeah, Elite and WoWs, that's what I'm playing daily, with the recently bought Civ6 collecting dust. :)

There's also a thing with unexperienced players being mostly in BB's (as they find a false sense of security in the heavier armor), thus compromising the heaviest armor and biggest guns of the team. Playing a BB is actually the most difficult as you have to carefully anticipate all your movements and enemy team movements, and be always angled properly, have the correct ammo loaded ahead of time etc. While with a stealth DD (and some light CA's) there is a lot of margin for improvisation, dodging ability, reset your position, swap flanks, in a BB it's just impossible to change course or mitigate a bad positioning.

I am almost exclusively playing BBs, and using AP, with the exception of situations I'm against much higher ships - expecting I can't pentrate them, so rather try to set fires.
Against DDs I'm trying to sail either towards or away from them. Mostly towards. :)
Many of them get confused and mostly can't land many torpedo hits as I'm not showing the side, while my secondaries do their job.

Against DDs I'm trying to sail either towards or away from them. Mostly towards. :)
That works only on lower tiers. On tiers 8-10 forget that unless you have a German BB for the overpowered secondaries and you are angled properly in order to avoid torps. Even though, a proper team of Japanese DD's can outflank you and do a synchro launch, the torps will do criss cross pattern so you have to eat at least either side. Russian DD's under 3-4km have those ultra fast suicide torps that you have no time to avoid (but a competent Russian DD captain will just stay at range and dodge your shots while raining fire upon you..). At these levels what you need is a spotter, usually a DD on your side that's stealthy enough or can smoke for you and the team or a CA whose role is to hunt DD's.. but again, sitting in smoke is risky enough with a DD, do not ever stay in there with a heavier ship (i love torping smoke clouds.. had a lot of kills that way).

That works only on lower tiers. On tiers 8-10 forget that unless you have a German BB for the overpowered secondaries and you are angled properly in order to avoid torps. Even though, a proper team of Japanese DD's can outflank you and do a synchro launch, the torps will do criss cross pattern so you have to eat at least either side. Russian DD's under 3-4km have those ultra fast suicide torps that you have no time to avoid (but a competent Russian DD captain will just stay at range and dodge your shots while raining fire upon you..). At these levels what you need is a spotter, usually a DD on your side that's stealthy enough or can smoke for you and the team or a CA whose role is to hunt DD's.. but again, sitting in smoke is risky enough with a DD, do not ever stay in there with a heavier ship (i love torping smoke clouds.. had a lot of kills that way).

Well, yes, alone against two or more DDs it is futile, but again, anything is. Against one, at least it is a chance.

I just won a Tier 8 match with the Fuso. Towards the end me and a DD managed to push towards the enemy base. There was an enemy DD spamming torps, took it out with a lucky salvo (2 APs = 8000hp hit). Then a King George - I told the DD to stay in my cover and torp him while I was taking him head on. Indeed he sailed just behind me and we sunk it for good.
And that was only the second match today when meaningful comms payed properly off!

Yeah, I only sail past clouds as it can be a death trap. :)

What I realized, that WoWs is about skillfully balancing on a rock-paper-scissor game. If as a BB I can decimate the enemy CAs, then the DDs can do their disruptive job around BBs and it comes to a full circle.
I love this game. :)

I would still be playing if not for the very toxic community at upper tiers. Too many campers and people who just outright refuse to play a team game. Otherwise yeah the combat system is excellent and firing big guns is so satisfying.. It shows that skill is not always about twitch reflexes as the general pace is quite slow. I would really like big ship combat in Star Citizen to follow that kind of model, since they wanted a WWII kind of feeling... less twitchy motions, more tactics and positioning.

Great games at T8+ are 200K damage and more ;) more fires, more citadels, 150+ target hits... I used to consider 100K as the bare minimum participation, under that i would consider i had completely messed up.

Great games at T8+ are 200K damage and more ;) more fires, more citadels, 150+ target hits... I used to consider 100K as the bare minimum participation, under that i would consider i had completely messed up.

Lol, I didn't post that pick cos it was a really great round, I posted it cos of the ridiculous xp gains from the flags..

Top Bottom